Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2021/2022 - Return of the Champions of October?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post

What is "a 2-goal game misconduct"? Jeremy Forman replaced Robinson in net after Robinson got a 5-minute major and a game misconduct for spearing.

"Niedermayer? Dead!!!!"
    hahaha I don't know what the H I was talking about there is NO such thing obviously as a 2 goal game misconduct....haha comic relief on what turned out to be a dismal night. Long day! Longer night! My point was IF Robinson were to get another game suspension for today's rematch (I mean, it's 1:13 here) we'd have no back up goalie so would have to forfeit? LOL Niedermayer...DEAD! Losing it, better get some sleep!
    Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

The Streaming feed was...... well, difficult to follow.

Without having seen the collapse, I note that the pesky +/- follows certain people
      The Souza record:
      15-16 10th place
      16-17 10th place
      17-18 11th place
      18-19 8th place
      19-20 9th place
      20-21 10th place
      21-22 9th place
      22-23 10th place

Comment

Wow....I would have expected the de-facto "senior" member of the team to show a certain level of maturity. I can't even remember an occasion when a goaltender earned a game misconduct and ejection.

This was embarrassing to say the least....a long time NCAA Division I program coming to the home of a relatively new Division I program for the first time, takes stupid penalites, and then falls apart. I'm sure that the Sun Devil fans were impressed....NOT.

Get ready for another rough ride folks....it's going to be a LOOOOOONNNGGGGGG season I'm afraid...............
        UNH

Comment

Originally posted by deltabravo62 View Post
          Word I had is Fessenden is in a Covid isolation. Robinson decided it would be brilliant to butt end a ASU forward in the ribs in the second period and get himself thrown out. Despite that the team held up well until they gave up one goal in the third to make it 2-1. Then they proceeded to stop playing with any skill or intensity and gacked up three more goals. This after they mostly stuck with or outplayed ASU for the first 40.
          Thanks for filling in the blanks for us, deltabravo62.

To recap ... losing program with losing mentality does stupid things to lose a game. Yawn.

MS7 should suspend the cement-head 5th year goalie and let the team deal with it in his absence.

Maybe set an example that sheer outright immature stupidity is not allowed in his program?

I'm guessing guys like York, Carvel, Barr wouldn't tolerate that crap. Why should MS7??

Cue to cement-head getting the start again tonight (forget the misconduct/suspension rules) ...
          Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
          Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Seemed to me UNH outplayed ASU the first 2 periods. 3rd period - was it a a stamina thing, attitude, general teamwork or ???? Can't put my finger on it. See how they go about it today. BTW, cool uni's, I like them.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post

hahaha I don't know what the H I was talking about there is NO such thing obviously as a 2 goal game misconduct....haha comic relief on what turned out to be a dismal night. Long day! Longer night! My point was IF Robinson were to get another game suspension for today's rematch (I mean, it's 1:13 here) we'd have no back up goalie so would have to forfeit? LOL Niedermayer...DEAD! Losing it, better get some sleep!
              USA Hockey Rule 404 (b) states that a player who receives a game misconduct is suspended from the next game on the schedule. Maybe NCAA rules are different? In any case, our undefeated season sure went south(west) (heh, heh) in a hurry. Sigh.

Comment

Misconduct means you can play the next game, DQ means you sit. He can and should play - haven’t seen the play, don’t know what led to the spear or how bad it actually was, so I won’t comment more; but if the powers that be say he can play he should play...

Sit him tonight and you’re only punishing the program and the other 30 kids - because you don’t have a competitive back up option.

Next week when Fessenden returns they can sit Robinson as punishment if that’s what they deem necessary. He’ll have to watch, the rest of the team will have to play without him, but at least they’ll still have a DI goalie on the ice with them...
                Live Free or Die!!
                Miami University '03

Comment

I wish that someone on Metcalf's staff can fix the non-working live stats feed on the HE website (angry emoji inserted).
                  UNH

Comment

3-0 ASU in the second after Thiesen's shortie. Eff this....shutting off the game and going to watch the Bruins instead.

Sorry 'Ref but we are indeed in for a LOOOOONNNGGGG season. This team is mailing it in and I think just wants to get the he11 out of Tempe ASAP.
                    UNH

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                      I wish that someone on Metcalf's staff can fix the non-working live stats feed on the HE website (angry emoji inserted).
                      Unfortunately its probably the same person responsible for the brilliant "upgrade" to this forum a while back.
                      UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

I have been following live stats on CHN.

Meanwhile, Chestnut Hillbillies down 1-0 after two in Waltham.

Comment

Have been at a wedding...I see we have had a banner night in Arizina. Woof. Wedding was fun tho....
                          Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                            Have been at a wedding...I see we have had a banner night in Arizina. Woof. Wedding was fun tho....
                            Woof is correct. Hope that the marriage is more successful.

My new fav stat that CHN tracks is shot attempts (SA), which UNH easily won tonight, 74-41, along with SOG, 41-24, both supporting Chuck’s hypothesis that SOG are typically inverse of goals scored (SG), which UNH lost 5-1.

Meanwhile, in Waltham, BC Iggles lost 6-2, but won SA 76-51 and SOG 40-32. Chuck may be onto something here. But, probably just as well that UNH chose to visit Tempe instead of Waltham this season.

Comment

https://fanforum.uscho.com/forum/col...ockeystats-net

The mastermind behind college hockey stats is stepping back; what does it mean for the future?
                              https://sports.yahoo.com/mastermind-...003000830.html

“Danehy also revolutionized live scoring in college hockey. In roughly 2008, he started keeping live scores on collegehockeystats.net and it became the conduit for every other outlet to get live college hockey scores. Danehy pulled the data from the sports information directors and distributed it to other outlets.

The popular College Hockey News app? Its data came from Danehy. USCHO? It used Danehy, too. The NCAA? Yes, even the NCAA relied on Danehy's site to get its live scores.”

I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post

Woof is correct. Hope that the marriage is more successful.

My new fav stat that CHN tracks is shot attempts (SA), which UNH easily won tonight, 74-41, along with SOG, 41-24, both supporting Chuck’s hypothesis that SOG are typically inverse of goals scored (SG), which UNH lost 5-1.

Meanwhile, in Waltham, BC Iggles lost 6-2, but won SA 76-51 and SOG 40-32. Chuck may be onto something here. But, probably just as well that UNH chose to visit Tempe instead of Waltham this season.
                                Somehow, knowing that BC lost to Bentley tonight, makes me feel somewhat better. But still, woof.
                                Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Working...
                                X