Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2021/2022 - Return of the Champions of October?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chuck Murray
    replied
    Originally posted by norbert View Post
    I think blame goes all around. Inconsistent play is definitely on MS7 but players do need to step up
    UNH needs new people to be shopping for the groceries, in the immortal words of The Tuna.

They're all MS7's players now. There's no excuses to be made ...

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Murray
    replied
    Part of me hopes UMaine waxes UNH again tomorrow. Just to make sure Dean Dean understands the true depth of the rot that's set in. I've been under no illusions that UMaine was heading places when they hired Barr last Spring, I just didn't figure he'd bypass UNH this early in the rebuilding process up in the Downeast. Does UNH "win" the Cupcake Cup for losing games to UMaine, UVM AND Merrimack in the stretch of just a couple short weeks? Jeezus H ...

Leave a comment:

• norbert
    replied
    Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post

Hey, after tonight we won't be last anymore! Baby steps for both of us!
    Hhmmm nope but trying to get there

Play like crap Merrimack, somehow dominated Lowell, then a stinker at Maine

I think blame goes all around. Inconsistent play is definitely on MS7 but players do need to step up

Leave a comment:

• amkirby10
    replied
    Originally posted by d.gerry View Post

Couldn’t agree more, hence the quotes. Umile was a post away from winning the biggest of the bigs! I guess it just illustrates the sorry state of this program that a game against the last place team in the league would be considered “big”.
    Hey, after tonight we won't be last anymore! Baby steps for both of us!

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Murray
    replied
    That recent January winning streak is looking like the mother of all mirages right now ...

Leave a comment:

• d.gerry
    replied
    Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

In fairness to Coach Umile, he at least got the program to real "big" games, not fake ones like this.
    Couldn’t agree more, hence the quotes. Umile was a post away from winning the biggest of the bigs! I guess it just illustrates the sorry state of this program that a game against the last place team in the league would be considered “big”.

Leave a comment:

• HockeyRef
    replied
    Originally posted by Felger View Post

I thought you were going to say you felt like William Shatner's character in the "Nightmare at 30,000 Feet" episode.
    Yes...something like that! Scared me to death as a kid..

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Murray
    replied
    Originally posted by d.gerry View Post
    You have to look to the top, don't you? Not able to get his teams up for a “big” game was always a criticism of Umile, looks like that trait was passed on to his successor.
    In fairness to Coach Umile, he at least got the program to real "big" games, not fake ones like this.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Murray
    replied
    I thought you were going to say you felt like William Shatner's character in the "Nightmare at 30,000 Feet" episode.
    That's the best of the bunch IMO.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Murray
    replied
    I hope Dean Dean is watching, and is choking on his lobster bisque.

Thoroughly embarrassing. Hockey is broken, and it needs fixing ASAP.

Leave a comment:

• Nifty16
    replied
    Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post

Never have been a Stooges fan, but if I were, I'd probably be laughing. Instead, it's like this thing where you keep wandering down this same road searching for something that you never find. That...is the Twilight Zone. Honestly? I feel badly for the team. Now I know I'll catch flack on that. They are the ones skating, that's what my husband always says, but, where is the disconnect????
    I think we all know the answer to that

Leave a comment:

• d.gerry
    replied
    They are the ones skating, that's what my husband always says, but, where is the disconnect????
    You have to look to the top, don’t you? Not able to get his teams up for a “big” game was always a criticism of Umile, looks like that trait was passed on to his successor.
    Last edited by d.gerry; 02-18-2022, 08:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Felger
    replied

Never have been a Stooges fan, but if I were, I'd probably be laughing. Instead, it's like this thing where you keep wandering down this same road searching for something that you never find. That...is the Twilight Zone. Honestly? I feel badly for the team. Now I know I'll catch flack on that. They are the ones skating, that's what my husband always says, but, where is the disconnect????

Leave a comment:

• HockeyRef
    replied
    You thought you were watching The Twilight Zone? I'd say it was The Three Stooges

Leave a comment:

• Nifty16
    replied
    Well this can’t get any worst right? Here hold my beer

Leave a comment:

Working...
X