Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2021/2022 - Return of the Champions of October?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post

One part of prediction right Fessenden in goal. GO 'Cat's
    Huard brings back memories of another UNH blue liner from California a couple decades ago. :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post

Huard brings back memories of another UNH blue liner from California a couple decades ago. :-)
      The one trait Souza has inherited from his predecessor is turning to the proven and known limitations of upperclassmen (or older recruits) as opposed to putting any trust in unpredictability of talent or youth. Maybe the injury big will force his hand...

it’s too bad he didn’t pick up hiring someone to do your recruiting or the development factor.
      Last edited by Dan; 11-05-2021, 07:58 PM.
      Live Free or Die!!
      Miami University '03

Comment

• So much for my prediction. I actually thought that UNH and Fessenden played well despite the lob-sided score at the end. Tying goal by Jakov Novak, senior transfer from Bentley, and winning goal by son Ryan of the great UVM-NHL player Martin St Louis.

Comment

• Final from Durham: the team that aggressively recruits and sells top talent skates past the program that patiently waits for 'kids that really want to be here', 4-1...
          Live Free or Die!!
          Miami University '03

Comment

So much for my prediction. I actually thought that UNH and Fessenden played well despite the lob-sided score at the end. Tying goal by Jakov Novak, senior transfer from Bentley, and winning goal by son Ryan of the great UVM-NHL player Martin St Louis.
            NU is just a better team period and that's all you have to know about this game tonight....No use ripping the team thought we played as well as we possibly could. Still think Fessenden is a good goalie. Will be tough going on that shorter sheet with NU's quick puck movement.

Highly skilled team does their job...
            I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

So I'm calling out YOU, you UNH lurkers, to get on this board and post! By the way, I still have expectations on the program. Big ones. Not saying I'm not disappointed and want to see much better from this program...but, I'm in it for the long haul at this point. What's gone is gone. I'm just hoping we get something out of this weekend!!
              Ok, confession time...I've been lurking here for years. Sometimes checking in once a year, other times 2-3x/week. Until last Friday at Providence I hadn't seen UNH live since 2015 when my Dad and I finally gave up our season tickets we'd had since 1999. Admittedly it was an awful showing, but it helped ignite the flame again.

Thanks to all of you dedicated posters for helping me stay in the loop over the past years. I feel like I know some of you. Looking forward to chatting with you all some more here.

Comment

• Originally posted by teez View Post

Ok, confession time...I've been lurking here for years. Sometimes checking in once a year, other times 2-3x/week. Until last Friday at Providence I hadn't seen UNH live since 2015 when my Dad and I finally gave up our season tickets we'd had since 1999. Admittedly it was an awful showing, but it helped ignite the flame again.

Thanks to all of you dedicated posters for helping me stay in the loop over the past years. I feel like I know some of you. Looking forward to chatting with you all some more here.
                Well hello there and welcome! Glad to see you are back at it. Fans play a huge role I believe...2015 was our last decent season with a trip to the Garden believe we were .500 that year?

As they say in certain circles "keep coming back" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                  Final from Durham: the team that aggressively recruits and sells top talent skates past the program that patiently waits for 'kids that really want to be here', 4-1...
                  Life lessons Dan...that's why they come to UNH....life lessons!

Comment

• What was up with the no hand shake after the game? Is this a Covid thing?
                    GO BLUE!

Comment

• Originally posted by d.gerry View Post
                      What was up with the no hand shake after the game? Is this a Covid thing?
                      ..and no salute to the fans....they did a handshake last game with PC.

Comment

It's no secret that things have indeed changed Whalers! I'd love to see new posters coming in...and, would love to hear from the old guard as well. I hear from people at the 'Whitt who do indeed, lurk, but don't want to get 'into it' so to speak. I wish they would post. People also use social media sources to discuss UNH hockey as well...but I'm not aware of how wide spread that is. Let's face it...if the team were winning like they did in the days so many of you got to witness it would be different. No question how things are going for sure influence the postings etc. I don't read a ton of other threads but would think, seem to think, not many are 'hyping up' games but I could be wrong. We USED to have a game thread on such and such a game...even in my short tenure as a poster here!

So I'm calling out YOU, you UNH lurkers, to get on this board and post! By the way, I still have expectations on the program. Big ones. Not saying I'm not disappointed and want to see much better from this program...but, I'm in it for the long haul at this point. What's gone is gone. I'm just hoping we get something out of this weekend!!

ps. None of these players are walking through that door: Krog, Haydar, etc...those days are loooonnngggg gone. But I AM hopeful for those that ARE. I'm grateful for CHC's blog; following these new players has been a great thing and then seeing them with the jersey finally on. And, bummed for those who do not and we are all well aware who those skaters are...

Pss...Fun former player fact! Potsy was AHL's player for the month. He's tearing it up in Chicago!
                        Ok, here is my “research.”

Ranking, #posts, #days, ppd (posts per day)

1, NU, 29, 3, 9.7
                        2, UNH, 250, 27, 9.3
                        3, UVM, 38, 7, 5.4
                        4, Maine, 933, 178, 5.2
                        5, BC, 113, 29, 3.9
                        6, BU, 496, 160, 3.1
                        7, UML, 72, 35, 2.1
                        8, PC, 20, 36, 0.6
                        9, Flagship, 0, 38, 0
                        10t, Mac, 0, 0, 0
                        10t, Yukon, 0, 0, 0

Comment

..and no salute to the fans....they did a handshake last game with PC.
                          That’s what I thought. So what, you get beat soundly by a better team, and skate off the ice like a bunch of sore losers? No acknowledgment of the few fans who still actually support you? MS7 should be proud.
                          GO BLUE!

Comment

• Originally posted by d.gerry View Post

That’s what I thought. So what, you get beat soundly by a better team, and skate off the ice like a bunch of sore losers? No acknowledgment of the few fans who still actually support you? MS7 should be proud.
                            May seem insignificant but people notice these things. Hey I was pretty much expecting a tough game but felt for the most part we were "in it". But geeze for those of us who come to game after game the least you can do is a salute to the fans. Kind of early to be packing it in Wildcats.....just sayin' I guess...whatever! Sigh.....

Would love to go tonight but will watch on our new 75 inch screen hubby just had delivered. That is if it's televised. Good luck on St. Botophs Street!

Comment

Ok, here is my “research.”

Ranking, #posts, #days, ppd (posts per day)

1, NU, 29, 3, 9.7
                              2, UNH, 250, 27, 9.3
                              3, UVM, 38, 7, 5.4
                              4, Maine, 933, 178, 5.2
                              5, BC, 113, 29, 3.9
                              6, BU, 496, 160, 3.1
                              7, UML, 72, 35, 2.1
                              8, PC, 20, 36, 0.6
                              9, Flagship, 0, 38, 0
                              10t, Mac, 0, 0, 0
                              10t, Yukon, 0, 0, 0
                              With stats like that we are gonna make it to the Gahden! Oh wait....

Comment

NU is just a better team period and that's all you have to know about this game tonight....No use ripping the team thought we played as well as we possibly could. Still think Fessenden is a good goalie. Will be tough going on that shorter sheet with NU's quick puck movement.
                                or UNH is the worse team period and that's all you have to know... I watched parts on TV, fell asleep before the end (long week). Observing us trying to get out of our own zone, finally getting to neutral ice, being gassed and dumping the puck for a line change, we looked like we are from a different league and didn't really belong on the ice with a team like NU. I do appreciate your more positive slant on this ‘Ref, but this sh1t is getting REALLY old.

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                                The one trait Souza has inherited from his predecessor is turning to the proven and known limitations of upperclassmen (or older recruits) as opposed to putting any trust in unpredictability of talent or youth. Maybe the injury big will force his hand...
                                This! Going back to my where would the top NHIAA talent project on this team post from a week ago, if this is where we are (it is), let's own NH. NHIAA players should know that if they have even modest NCAA D-I aspirations there is a development spot for them with the state's flagship U. Think you need a year to develop? Can’t afford prep? Fine, practice with the team for FR/SO years, maybe start seeing game ice time as a JR. The recruiting cost in NH is basically zero, skating locals would generate fan interest, put UNH hockey more on the local radar, and what the heck, if we are going to score 1 - 2 goals/game and be sub .500 let's do it with more local players. A strategy to get back to the top of HEA? In and of itself, no, but NH kids play on travel teams throughout New England, maybe the word spreads. "Trust in predictability of talent or youth" and the ability to develop players would be important.

The in state line up worked for MN back in the day. Lol.

I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Working...
                                X