Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2021/2022 - Return of the Champions of October?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA watcher
    replied
    Any word on how the kids did on their midterms?

Leave a comment:

• HockeyRef
    replied
    Originally posted by Patman View Post

This is small people thinking and i hate it on our own boards. HOCKEY EAST! HOCKEY EAST! Yeah, that doesn't matter for **** if you can't make the NCAA tournament. Maybe UNH fans are into small thinking. Lord knows plenty of UML fans are small time thinkers. I think making the NCAAs is more important than winning hockey east.
    Well couldn't agree with you more and I was fully aware of what UML was going to bring last night. Kind of think it's not really true (or fair) that UNH fans are 'small time thinkers'. We'd love to be in the NCAA place we always used to be. Right now, we're forced to settle for what we get (and be 100% fine with it) and believe me, it's not....fun. And it doesn't make it any easier when we're told the best we can do, all we can hope for, is a possible first round game at home? Yeah, that's small time thinking all right...and it's not coming from us.

UNH is going to run the table...there, now I feel better haha!
    Last edited by HockeyRef; 03-05-2022, 05:16 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Felger
    replied
    Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

Six of one, half dozen of the other. Otherwise, I agree with the gist of what you're saying. A great/poor example of the "small people thinking" you invoke here is none other than MS7 entertaining the "if we lose" discussion a few posts earlier. That shouldn't even be in the discussion, never, not ever. As Herm Edwards once infamously said ... "You play to win the game".

Lowell found a way to win tonight. BC found a way to win. UNH and UConn found a way to lose.

In other news, the sun will rise in the East and set in the West. Pictures at Eleven.
    Fixed your post.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Murray
    replied
    Originally posted by Patman View Post
    This is small people thinking and i hate it on our own boards. HOCKEY EAST! HOCKEY EAST! Yeah, that doesn't matter for **** if you can't make the NCAA tournament. Maybe UNH fans are into small thinking. Lord knows plenty of UML fans are small time thinkers. I think making the NCAAs is more important than winning hockey east.
    Six of one, half dozen of the other. Otherwise, I agree with the gist of what you're saying. A great/poor example of the "small people thinking" you invoke here is none other than MS7 entertaining the "if we lose" discussion a few posts earlier. That shouldn't even be in the discussion, never, not ever. As Herm Edwards once infamously said ... "You play to win the game".

Lowell found a way to win tonight. BC found a way to win. UNH found a way to lose.

In other news, the sun will rise in the East and set in the West. Pictures at Eleven.

Leave a comment:

• Patman
    replied
    Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post

Was listening to the post game with Mike and Pete on the way home (I left a tad early) and Pete was saying that the plan was 'if they lost tonight (UNH) to use it as a momentum builder for the first round game' (Souza's comments in the pre game show) ....seeing how home ice was no longer the goal. I dunno...we sometimes have played well in the Tsongas but it's their Senior night and from looking at ticket sales think it's going to be packed. I've also seen us lose there 8 zip twice (along with some great wins...) but, will watch this one from home. I'm thinking 4-2 UML...

Leave a comment:

• Patman
    replied
    Originally posted by norbert View Post

Tomorrow will be interesting from the standpoint does UML care? I don't think pairwise a loss kills them but depending on tie breakers they have an outside chance of being the #1 seed. BC can't move up so do they mail it in? My guess is that this team goes down and doesn't compete.
    Dont think then, we need every last game with regards to the NCAAs.

Leave a comment:

• HockeyRef
    replied

Tomorrow will be interesting from the standpoint does UML care? I don't think pairwise a loss kills them but depending on tie breakers they have an outside chance of being the #1 seed. BC can't move up so do they mail it in? My guess is that this team goes down and doesn't compete.
    Was listening to the post game with Mike and Pete on the way home (I left a tad early) and Pete was saying that the plan was 'if they lost tonight (UNH) to use it as a momentum builder for the first round game' (Souza's comments in the pre game show) ....seeing how home ice was no longer the goal. I dunno...we sometimes have played well in the Tsongas but it's their Senior night and from looking at ticket sales think it's going to be packed. I've also seen us lose there 8 zip twice (along with some great wins...) but, will watch this one from home. I'm thinking 4-2 UML...

Leave a comment:

• HockeyRef
    replied
    Perfect storm of games tonight to finally end this season. I did not watch much of the game but if I remember, 3-1,3-2,4-2,4-3 then wheels fell off. Just not strong enough to fully make the comeback. The shorty was the killer and that is on Robinson for not coming out and moving the puck then getting beat short side 5 hole.

Conte Forum on Wednesday night. Prediction is 4-1 BC so we can start the 2022-2023 thread.

Back to earlier posts based on what I have heard Pierson could be coming back. Did not see the pregame stuff for seniors but they can always do it again. I'd assume he will take the "C" next year if true.

Is next year the last chance for MS7? This is all on him now and with a new AD this should be the defining season.
    In my short tenure being a fan this reminds me of Rich Boyd returning, but, he didn't get his 'Senior Night' until his last season...Oh, now I remember; Rich Boyd redshirted his Jr. (or Senior?) season, giving him his extra year. Could be wrong on that. BTW he was just sworn in as a police officer in Florida, FWIW dept! If I'm a betting person I'm betting Pierson doesn't return. But, anything could happen. Agree; that shorty was a dagger. Have seen some ugly moments for the 'Cats and yep, that is going in that file...sigh.

Leave a comment:

• norbert
    replied

Yes, really sucked the air out of the place EDIT (I'm talking about the shorthand goal after the delay of game call and you're talking about that quick whistle, got it!) ...and, the penalty was most deserved after what, 5, 6 times of Savory knocking off the net? That was a hard one. We beat ourselves pretty much, but I will give credit to UML as they were very hard on pucks and did what they came to do; take care of business to protect their standing in the PWR. Not going to criticize the team I felt they left it on the ice. I think the 'unsung' player of the night was Alex Gagne...he had a couple of great shifts. Between him and Huard, Jenson...I think this is a great blue line here. Love the fact that guys like Cronin, Devlin have had a lot of ice time this season, they are only going to get better. Loved Chase Stevenson's ripper of a goal too. We had a decent 2nd period. Hard that 2 goals were scored on breakaways...those hurt.

No real feelings about losing about 'home ice'. You have to take care of that stuff each and every game you play. You play with a purpose the best you can each night; obviously, some nights are going to be better than others. Look at UVM tonight handing it to UConn...good for them. Who knows? This single elimination tournament should scare the crap out of these coaches..."on any given night" bwahahahaha....

You can't depend on the last couple of games to put you in the drivers seat...even tho it came down to that. Now, maybe they see this as gaining some (?) momentum going into tomorrow night, and heading into Conte. Hope they don't mail it in down there at Lowell...

BC seems to be on an upswing right now. Is what it is. My best to the outgoing Seniors on their Senior night always bittersweet (yeah I know the season isn't over yet).

Leave a comment:

• HockeyRef
    replied
    Originally posted by TwoStep93 View Post
    Turnovers on the blue line, shorthanded goals, we love to hand out wins.

Happy Senior night - can't wait for next year's recruits.
    I'm excited about them coming in as well. I think, God willing...maybe not next year but the year after, we could have something going. Here's hoping..?

Leave a comment:

• norbert
    replied
    Perfect storm of games tonight to finally end this season. I did not watch much of the game but if I remember, 3-1,3-2,4-2,4-3 then wheels fell off. Just not strong enough to fully make the comeback. The shorty was the killer and that is on Robinson for not coming out and moving the puck then getting beat short side 5 hole.

Conte Forum on Wednesday night. Prediction is 4-1 BC so we can start the 2022-2023 thread.

Back to earlier posts based on what I have heard Pierson could be coming back. Did not see the pregame stuff for seniors but they can always do it again. I'd assume he will take the "C" next year if true.

Is next year the last chance for MS7? This is all on him now and with a new AD this should be the defining season.

Leave a comment:

• HockeyRef
    replied
    Originally posted by teez View Post

That was a brutal break for UNH
    Yes, really sucked the air out of the place EDIT (I'm talking about the shorthand goal after the delay of game call and you're talking about that quick whistle, got it!) ...and, the penalty was most deserved after what, 5, 6 times of Savory knocking off the net? That was a hard one. We beat ourselves pretty much, but I will give credit to UML as they were very hard on pucks and did what they came to do; take care of business to protect their standing in the PWR. Not going to criticize the team I felt they left it on the ice. I think the 'unsung' player of the night was Alex Gagne...he had a couple of great shifts. Between him and Huard, Jenson...I think this is a great blue line here. Love the fact that guys like Cronin, Devlin have had a lot of ice time this season, they are only going to get better. Loved Chase Stevenson's ripper of a goal too. We had a decent 2nd period. Hard that 2 goals were scored on breakaways...those hurt.

No real feelings about losing about 'home ice'. You have to take care of that stuff each and every game you play. You play with a purpose the best you can each night; obviously, some nights are going to be better than others. Look at UVM tonight handing it to UConn...good for them. Who knows? This single elimination tournament should scare the crap out of these coaches..."on any given night" bwahahahaha....

You can't depend on the last couple of games to put you in the drivers seat...even tho it came down to that. Now, maybe they see this as gaining some (?) momentum going into tomorrow night, and heading into Conte. Hope they don't mail it in down there at Lowell...

BC seems to be on an upswing right now. Is what it is. My best to the outgoing Seniors on their Senior night always bittersweet (yeah I know the season isn't over yet).
    Last edited by HockeyRef; 03-04-2022, 09:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• deltabravo62
    replied
    BC wins, tomorrow's game is meaningless to UNH so an early congrats to UNH on their upcoming win tomorrow

Leave a comment:

• TwoStep93
    replied
    Turnovers on the blue line, shorthanded goals, we love to hand out wins.

Happy Senior night - can't wait for next year's recruits.

Leave a comment:

• teez
    replied
    Cats are in this one robbed on that quick whistle...harrumph
    That was a brutal break for UNH

Leave a comment:

Working...
X