Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2021/2022 - Return of the Champions of October?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patman
    replied
    Originally posted by Darius View Post
    Not all. There was another post mocking the all teams make the playoffs format. I dislike the format, but it did make for some good scoreboard watching and standings page refreshing last night. The last minute or two of the BC/UMA game was great to watch. I was appalled to find myself rooting for the Eagles because of higher interest level for tonight’s games and hoping UMA misses out on the regular season title. With UNH’s seeding set and if BC wins earlier, I may find myself rooting for UML tonight.
    Keep in mind its just an annoyance i have with some segment of my own fanbase. I just don't like the idea that UNH has succumbed to that same type of thinking over the several years.

You guys kept us on edge tonight, both teams probably deserved a few. We (Lowell) need stop committing dumb penalties but I feel like the refs whistles were in playoff mode.

Leave a comment:

• HockeyRef
    replied
    Originally posted by ClOuD 9 View Post
    Can't believe we're going to be forced to sit through another season of this, just can him now and save us 12 months and the new AD having to do it in 2023.
    Maybe more...still think there's a big extention coming...

On tonight...well at least my score prediction didn't pan out. That said we were never really a threat in anyway. Glad that Fezz got a chance in net tonight thought he did well.

Regular season over. Best thing to me was the young players really got their ice time in. Some bright spots there .

Onto BC who swept UMass this weekend. As much as most of us hate that "everyone plays" format at least...we are still skating...fwiw dept.

Leave a comment:

• ClOuD 9
    replied
    Originally posted by deltabravo62 View Post
    More uninspired Mike Snouza hockey on display tonight, once again totally failed at the ever lowering goals of the program.
    Can't believe we're going to be forced to sit through another season of this, just can him now and save us 12 months and the new AD having to do it in 2023.

Leave a comment:

• deltabravo62
    replied
    More uninspired Mike Snouza hockey on display tonight, once again totally failed at the ever lowering goals of the program.

Leave a comment:

• HockeyRef
    replied
    Originally posted by After the Whistle View Post
    Fesser for President!
    Haha he's playing well tonight. Glad he's out there...got my vote!

Leave a comment:

• After the Whistle
    replied
    Fesser for President!

Leave a comment:

• HockeyRef
    replied
    BC sweeps UMass...they are on a roll...

Leave a comment:

• mookie1995
    replied
    Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
    …..

Lowell found a way to win tonight. BC found a way to win. UNH found a way to lose.

In other news, the sun will rise in the East and set in the West. Pictures at Eleven.
    Couldn’t fit an “and I’ll have lunch” in there?? :-)

Leave a comment:

• Dan
    replied
    Academic performance of athletes is a much bigger factor for UNH than it is for some athletics fans. Not looking to pick a fight here, just expectation setting.
    Yup! And when one sees the so-called ‘student-athletes’ at other institutions failing out of school and growing up to be unmarried and unmentored anchors on society one truly appreciates UNH’s public stance in today’s dark, cold existence...

Why do we continue to call them student-athletes, anyway? When, as UNH informs us regularly, it is impossible to be both...
    Last edited by Dan; 03-05-2022, 11:30 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Felger
    replied
    Originally posted by Beauty View Post

Rent free
    Hoping the medical staff in Storrs brushed up on the Heimlich Maneuver prior to this weekend.

Leave a comment:

• HockeyRef
    replied
    Academic performance of athletes is a much bigger factor for UNH than it is for some athletics fans. Not looking to pick a fight here, just expectation setting.
    Without question, isn't that why they come to UNH (or any school, 'cept a few I could mention) is to get an education? It's awesome to hear that our students in many sports at UNH excel in the classroom. From what I've garnered being on these boards UNH has a very tough admission requirement and I know we've lost some skaters because of it. That's the bar they've (AD , admission) has set at UNH and they do not waiver from it AND, they make no bones about the priority (you mentioned expectations) it holds. This is why we call them 'student - athletes'.

Leave a comment:

• Darius
    replied
    Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
    Any word on how the kids did on their midterms?

Leave a comment:

• HockeyRef
    replied
    Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
    Any word on how the kids did on their midterms?
    If I'm being honest, I'm more concerned if they've met their future wives...I mean...Sorry that was a darn snarky comment....!
    Last edited by HockeyRef; 03-05-2022, 10:49 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Darius
    replied
    Originally posted by Patman View Post
    This is small people thinking and i hate it on our own boards. HOCKEY EAST! HOCKEY EAST! Yeah, that doesn't matter for **** if you can't make the NCAA tournament. Maybe UNH fans are into small thinking. Lord knows plenty of UML fans are small time thinkers. I think making the NCAAs is more important than winning hockey east.
    Not all. There was another post mocking the all teams make the playoffs format. I dislike the format, but it did make for some good scoreboard watching and standings page refreshing last night. The last minute or two of the BC/UMA game was great to watch. I was appalled to find myself rooting for the Eagles because of higher interest level for tonight’s games and hoping UMA misses out on the regular season title. With UNH’s seeding set and if BC wins earlier, I may find myself rooting for UML tonight.

Leave a comment:

• ScottK
    replied
    Originally posted by Patman View Post

This is small people thinking and i hate it on our own boards. HOCKEY EAST! HOCKEY EAST! Yeah, that doesn't matter for **** if you can't make the NCAA tournament. Maybe UNH fans are into small thinking. Lord knows plenty of UML fans are small time thinkers. I think making the NCAAs is more important than winning hockey east.
    No, most UML fans think winning Hockey East is important, because not only is it a title, but it gets you into the NCAAs. It's just a step along the way. Sure, you can make the NCAAs without winning Hockey East, but its always better to pick up another trophy or two along the way.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X