Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2021/2022 - Return of the Champions of October?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After the Whistle
    replied
    db, you are so right, and apparently with no consideration of those currently holding them. You can throw the fact that you can not hear the PA announcer in those rows also. I know they are going to upgrade the sound system too. They did that one other time with absolutely no improvement.
    And to Ref, great thought, I sent Taylor an email last week but have not heard back yet. Great guy but he is probably functioning as the little dutch boy with his fingers in a thousand holes along the dike.

Leave a comment:

• deltabravo62
    replied
    I haven’t seen anything from the renovation plan since the last plans pre COVID. Are they not pulling in the seats to March the ice with this great renovation they are planning? If so they claimed before that the first four rows along the sides would have a greatly obstructed view of the ice based on the low rise angle of the seating. So if they go along with this great plan (and unnecessary) to reduce the ice size they are picking the route that screws up the view on roughly 800-1000 seats. Might as well throw a tarp over them. But it’s going to greatly improve recruiting, we’re sure of it! Can’t wait for the next excuse for why we can’t compete with the big boys of hockey east (which now include Merrimack and UConn mind you)

Leave a comment:

• HockeyRef
    replied
    Originally posted by After the Whistle View Post
    FYI Ref, I did ask the students at the table last night. They had not thought of that nor been advised. No harm no foul. I’ll give it a week or so and try going up the latter. Film at 11:00!
    ....and they wouldn't have a clue lol (nothing personal to them). Like I said, this info should be made public about how the new renovations to the arena could impact your view of the game. I'd be calling the ticket office and speak to Taylor McCarthy. Maybe he can get the ball rolling.

Leave a comment:

• After the Whistle
    replied
    FYI Ref, I did ask the students at the table last night. They had not thought of that nor been advised. No harm no foul. I’ll give it a week or so and try going up the latter. Film at 11:00!

Leave a comment:

• HockeyRef
    replied
    Originally posted by After the Whistle View Post
    Lots of great points being made. Delta Bravo your remarks concerning the communication is so spot on! Like everything, they have let everything slide. I’m honestly surprised that they still throw the fish. Although that is now orchestrated by the facilities folks.
    I can’t imagine that a new AD will see replacing the hockey coach as the number one priority. I have not received a thing about the potential rink modification yet they say it will start immediately following the season. My seat will see an incredible site line modification, why would I want to renew without knowing my options.
    That is a really good point ATW...and perhaps you and others who wonder/worry about this should inquire. Obviously, they have the 'plan' and know what it's going to look like. I think it's a very fair question that should be answered. Maybe I don't remember but thinking it was early to be asking for renewals?? Anyway, please let us know if you do ask about this and what kind of answer you get. I'm doubting the ticket people handling the orders would have an answer, but the AD certainly does and should be forthright regarding it....right?

Leave a comment:

• After the Whistle
    replied
    Lots of great points being made. Delta Bravo your remarks concerning the communication is so spot on! Like everything, they have let everything slide. I’m honestly surprised that they still throw the fish. Although that is now orchestrated by the facilities folks.
    I can’t imagine that a new AD will see replacing the hockey coach as the number one priority. I have not received a thing about the potential rink modification yet they say it will start immediately following the season. My seat will see an incredible site line modification, why would I want to renew without knowing my options.

Leave a comment:

• medic4419
    replied
    I understand your frustrations and contemplating giving up season tickets but you don't know how lucky you are. I would give up my OU Sooner football tickets in a heartbeat for any HE school season hockey tickets. I was fortunate enough to be stationed at Ft Devens for 3 seasons(2016-18) of hockey. Love the game! We picked UML to follow and had season tickets(I had known about Norm Bazin at Colorado College when we were stationed in Colorado), we were in hockey heaven,,,,now we are in a hockey desert in Oklahoma.

Leave a comment:

• Engineers
    replied
    Dumais and Joel beal are the front runners for the union head coach job. Coming down to those two

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Murray
    replied
    Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
    Well yeah I get it. Just poking the bear haha
    Ironically, the only things Lombardi missed on were (1) failing to listen to doctors earlier - despite his admonition in the linked video; and (2) displaying a misplaced streak of loyalty in hiring his own HC replacement, who had been a long-time assistant, and in no way shared the same dynamic personality as VTL. He was his own harshest critic, and did tend to learn from mistakes, but unfortunately his biggest mistake (1, above) was one that proved fatally irreversible.

He and my granddad are atop the list of people who've passed who I'd love to spend an hour with.

Leave a comment:

• Felger
    replied
    I'm afraid the next person to occupy to occupy the corner office in the Field House will probably be the antithesis of Vince Lombardi in many ways. (Which is why I say be careful what you wish for.)

The phrase When Pride Still Mattered could describe the UNH hockey program circa two decades ago.

Leave a comment:

• HockeyRef
    replied
    Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

Lombardi was (is) the real thing, 'Ref. There's no comparison to what he pushed himself to accomplish, and what BS+, MS7 and Umile managed to accomplish, combined. Umile is the only one who even really tried, and at some point after 2003, he pretty much broke down, lost his self-belief, and started to mail it in. Lombardi never lost the fighting spirit until the moment he literally expired.
    Well yeah I get it. Just poking the bear haha

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Murray
    replied
    Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
    Lol had to watch this directly on You Tube. Thing is...haven't we had enough Italian influence where UNH hockey decision making is concerned (and I'm Italian)...
    Lombardi was (is) the real thing, 'Ref. There's no comparison to what he pushed himself to accomplish, and what BS+, MS7 and Umile managed to accomplish, combined. Umile is the only one who even really tried, and at some point after 2003, he pretty much broke down, lost his self-belief, and started to mail it in. Lombardi never lost the fighting spirit until the moment he literally expired.

Leave a comment:

• HockeyRef
    replied
    Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
    Too bad we can't have this Italian American involved in the upcoming hiring processes at UNH ...
    Lol had to watch this directly on You Tube. Thing is...haven't we had enough Italian influence where UNH hockey decision making is concerned (and I'm Italian)...

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Murray
    replied
    Too bad we can't have this Italian American involved in the upcoming hiring processes at UNH ...

Leave a comment:

• NCAA watcher
    replied
    Lang has a nice niche for an AHA program: older 20 year old Eastern Europeans. That's not the model I think UNH should be following.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X