Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2021/2022 - Return of the Champions of October?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Good to see in box score that Fessenden finally got some time between the pipes. What did MacAdams do to get a 10-minute misconduct, as does not appear to be tied with a major or minor?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by GrouchyUNHer View Post
      JUMPIN' JEHOSAPHATS!! Can someone please explain to me why, for the love of Jesus, is Robin-sieve still in net for UNH?????
      The goaltender wasn't the issue on Friday...the terrible team in front of both of them were atrocious.
      Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

      Comment


      • Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post

        The goaltender wasn't the issue on Friday...the terrible team in front of both of them were atrocious.
        I couldn't tell you barely watched. Pains me to say that. Welp, will see how it goes tonight. Almost made the trip glad I didn't! I do not mind losing I have seen plenty of it but, did not see a semblance of UNH hockey out there. Nada. At least, show up for the games.
        Here we go 'Cats!!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post

          I couldn't tell you barely watched. Pains me to say that. Welp, will see how it goes tonight. Almost made the trip glad I didn't! I do not mind losing I have seen plenty of it but, did not see a semblance of UNH hockey out there. Nada. At least, show up for the games.
          The goals allowed were a wrist shot that went in off the far post on a great outlet pass, the leaving the puck behind the net and a bunch of terrible passes leading to breakaways or 1 v1 chances.
          Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
            Good to see in box score that Fessenden finally got some time between the pipes. What did MacAdams do to get a 10-minute misconduct, as does not appear to be tied with a major or minor?
            Rumor has it he had some choice words for the officials. Guess team didn't line up for handshakes after? I dunno...
            Here we go 'Cats!!

            Comment


            • Wow those other 'Cats win a big one over the Beagles last night I see! See anything's possible (cue the music)
              Last edited by HockeyRef; 10-30-2021, 08:32 AM.
              Here we go 'Cats!!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                Wow those other 'Cats win a big one over the Beagles last night I see! See anything possible (cue the music)
                If those other cats when again tonight, that would leave only the black bears wallowing in the cellar swamp below us.

                At least we are winning the fan forum posting contest over the past 12 hours, as only one post each in the BC (ha, ha), Maine, and UVM threads.
                Last edited by Snively65; 10-30-2021, 08:42 AM. Reason: Additional thought

                Comment


                • The plus minus don't lie. Goals against have many fathers, but Eriksson has consistently been among the bottom for UNH in each of his years. Yes, he logs more time than other D, but its not productive.

                  It may be deckchairs, but its time to move him up to forward, to add some scoring depth, and put others on D. UNH did it the last time they were this bad, moving Peter Herms up front his senior year. It didn't help, but it may be a start.

                  Also, I get trying to be responsible for goals against, but at some point you change what you can change. That Cafarelli has only played one game.... again, not the solution, but part of trying to get some skill up front.
                  The Umile legacy:
                  14-15 8th place,
                  15-16 10th place
                  16-17 10th place
                  17-18 11th place
                  18-19 8th place
                  19-20 9th place
                  20-21 10th place
                  21-22 9th place

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
                    The plus minus don't lie. Goals against have many fathers, but Eriksson has consistently been among the bottom for UNH in each of his years. Yes, he logs more time than other D, but its not productive.

                    It may be deckchairs, but its time to move him up to forward, to add some scoring depth, and put others on D. UNH did it the last time they were this bad, moving Peter Herms up front his senior year. It didn't help, but it may be a start.

                    Also, I get trying to be responsible for goals against, but at some point you change what you can change. That Cafarelli has only played one game.... again, not the solution, but part of trying to get some skill up front.
                    I’m all for shaking things up when certain line combos aren’t producing, maybe hit on something and find a spark. However, the larger problem here are the parts and pieces, they are just not that good. This team, like those before it, does not have the talent to be competitive week in and week out. No disrespect to the players, as I know they want to win and succeed, but it’s boys against men. The lack of talent on this team for the past several years is the only problem (especially the lack of a pure goal scorer/sniper), fix THAT and the problem is solved. Who do we blame for the lack of talent? Many, but ultimately it’s one person’s responsibility. Recruiting is key, and it’s been a bust for many years now.

                    So, shake up the lines, change a goalie, go for it, but it isn’t going to change the facts. This team lacks talent, top to bottom.
                    Last edited by d.gerry; 10-30-2021, 10:51 AM. Reason: Typo
                    GO BLUE!

                    Comment


                    • If it takes a complete crap show to get Grouchy back onto the board, I say, let the **** run wild.

                      I tried to watch this thing on NESN+ last night, I could barely make it through the first period, and when I checked back intermittently after that, it was only getting (much) worse, and quickly. I also didn't want to post because I wanted some time to reflect. Not sure what needed to be reflected upon, though, this just confirmed Week One (Union) was a mirage against a program that skipped playing last season. Looks like UNH has decided to skip this season ...

                      Let's not give Robinson a pass on the second goal. Reid gets most of the blame, for sure, but If Robinson wasn't fast asleep until Berard was calmly picking his spot from many options, he might have been able to do something to keep it out.

                      But all in all, last night was a complete indictment of MS7 - (1) low talent team he recruited, (2) poorly coached, and (3) so obviously unprepared from the opening faceoff. Embarrassing.

                      Tonight if UNH manages to keep the game close, it will only be because the PC kids will be so overconfident, they won't get out of second gear most of the night. PC 3 UNH 1, attendance 2.300.

                      It will be a battle for the basement between UNH and UMaine this season, I'm afraid. But after Barr starts bringing in his own guys in earnest, the basement will be all ours, or at least between UNH and whatever team Scott Borek may still be coaching.
                      Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                      Montreal Expos Forever ...

                      Comment


                      • There's no trading in college hockey, otherwise a deal could be had with BU to shake things up. Heck, they'd even give us Albie.
                        Right now they are playing a top 6 HE team, and they aren't in that group. Let's play it out (no choice) and evaluate at the end of the year where we are after playing UVM, Merrimack and Maine, our current tier.

                        But ultimately, your are correct d.gerry. Look no further than Souza's (non)response to the first question in the interview:

                        CHN: What is new and improved with the New Hampshire Wildcats this year?

                        Souza: I really like what we have seen in terms of our depth. There is a lot of competition up and down the lineup in our forward group. We are a veteran team with eleven seniors. They are a real competitive group – Will MacKinnon, Eric MacAdams and guys like that. They drive the competitive nature of our team. We have good team speed. We have some creative offensive players like Jackson Pierson – a Second Team All-Hockey East player last year – and Kalle Eriksson, one of the leading scoring defensemen in all of college hockey last year. We are a team that can make some plays. We want to be hard to play against and a second effort team.
                        The Umile legacy:
                        14-15 8th place,
                        15-16 10th place
                        16-17 10th place
                        17-18 11th place
                        18-19 8th place
                        19-20 9th place
                        20-21 10th place
                        21-22 9th place

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
                          Right now they are playing a top 6 HE team, and they aren't in that group. Let's play it out (no choice) and evaluate at the end of the year where we are after playing UVM, Merrimack and Maine, our current tier.
                          What is there to "evaluate", 'Watcher? Whether UNH is an 8th place team with no future, or an 11th place team with no future? Even the best case scenario is unacceptable. Am I missing something?!?

                          Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                          Montreal Expos Forever ...

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                            What is there to "evaluate", 'Watcher? Whether UNH is an 8th place team with no future, or an 11th place team with no future? Even the best case scenario is unacceptable. Am I missing something?!?
                            We all (except Marty) think we know the answer, so there's no use shouting it over and over. (Many of us already knew the likely outcome in 2015) So, we hope something unexpected happens. The Sox started 0-3 and I judged them sub-500, and yet they went far. Maybe we are all misjudging based on a bad streak.

                            Only one person's opinion matters.

                            (Not to say I haven't been scanning the rosters of college teams and USHL teams for who might be the next NCAA hire)
                            The Umile legacy:
                            14-15 8th place,
                            15-16 10th place
                            16-17 10th place
                            17-18 11th place
                            18-19 8th place
                            19-20 9th place
                            20-21 10th place
                            21-22 9th place

                            Comment


                            • Today is usually a 2fer day for me. Football and then hockey. Not today though. I'm quickly becomming a UNH Soccer fan :-);-)
                              GO BLUE/GO UNH

                              COLLEGE HOCKEY RULES

                              Comment


                              • I've been following our thread as always, not posting to avoid being one who is "Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves". Factoring in that the Friars are #8 nationally, #1 in HEA and that I consider our Friday travel to Providence the worst bus ride we have AND that I was watching on television (I usually reserve judgement when not being able to see all of the ice), that was embarrassing.
                                I will not be out cheered in my own building.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X