Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2021/2022 - Return of the Champions of October?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deltabravo62
    replied
    Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

Me too, teez. I've never wanted to be wrong so badly, at least not in recent memory ...

The Effingwoods Hockey Almanac - "Won't Get Fooled Again" edition - USCHO.com Fan Forum | fanforum.uscho.com
    Thing is, we know there is no level of "outside the box" thinking within the echo chambers of UNH to the point that this is the expected outcome.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Murray
    replied
    Originally posted by teez View Post
    I'm praying these two posts are not related in any way, shape, or form.
    Me too, teez. I've never wanted so badly to be wrong, at least not in recent memory ...

The Effingwoods Hockey Almanac - "Won't Get Fooled Again" edition - USCHO.com Fan Forum | fanforum.uscho.com

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Murray
    replied
    Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    Whistlin' Dick? How's he staying busy these days?
    Wrong new (old) guy, at least for the story referenced in my recent EHA thread.

Leave a comment:

• deltabravo62
    replied
    Originally posted by After the Whistle View Post
    Good predictions from all. Let me add, as the goal position plays, so goes the game. Our energy in the first 5 is important but the goal tending will lead or lose this team. And I have to go with Chucks guesses on the score. Always love the matchups between these two.
    Agreed, I have seen us score first way too many times and come out swinging for 10 minutes then pack it in for 40 and try to win in the final 10 to be happy with just scoring first. BC is probably the best opponent UNH could have asked for based on recent season results. I'm not sold on us having this one but at least I can see it as a possibility. For best results, come out of the gate swinging and keep at it, something I have only seen once this year against Mercyhurst

Leave a comment:

• Scott
    replied
    Originally posted by Felger View Post
    Comical nugget from the UNH Game Notes:

"UNH is 12-2 all-time versus the No. 8 seed"
    LOL...like, when UNH is seeded 1/2/3/4/5/6 or 7????

Here's another one: "UNH is 3-9 versus Boston College in the HE tournament"

Leave a comment:

• After the Whistle
    replied
    Good predictions from all. Let me add, as the goal position plays, so goes the game. Our energy in the first 5 is important but the goal tending will lead or lose this team. And I have to go with Chucks guesses on the score. Always love the matchups between these two.

Leave a comment:

• Felger
    replied
    Comical nugget from the UNH Game Notes:

"UNH is 12-2 all-time versus the No. 8 seed"

Leave a comment:

• Felger
    replied
    Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post

From what I hear coming to UNH practices on occasion and at games...might even be in the audience tonight at Conte F
    Have also heard he visits North Andover now and then

Leave a comment:

• HockeyRef
    replied
    Originally posted by J.D. View Post

From what I hear coming to UNH practices on occasion and at games...might even be in the audience tonight at Conte F

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied
    I think BC will win but there's no denying UNH has given them fits in recent years. I think it's a 3-2 type game.

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied
    But with what I'm hearing about the new (old) guy first in line for the AD's job, MS7 may be around for awhile yet ...

Leave a comment:

• teez
    replied
    For What It's Worth ... the Effingwoods Hockey Almanac is sitting on details of an important UNH-related story as we wait to confirm sourcing in the next couple of days, possibly sooner. Coming to a USCHO thread near you no later than next weekend, unless pending sourcing does not pan out ...
    But with what I'm hearing about the new (old) guy first in line for the AD's job, MS7 may be around for awhile yet ...
    I'm praying these two posts are not related in any way, shape, or form.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Murray
    replied
    Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
    ...but...someone might upset the apple cart in this single elimination thing...could it be us?
    'Ref, you are indeed the eternal optimist. But to answer your question - I highly doubt it.

Leave a comment:

• teez
    replied
    Completely agree Ref - we'll know in the first 5 minutes how it'll turn out. If UNH scores first, I think they win. That's my optimistic take.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Murray
    replied
    From today's Union Leader sports page ... I mean, where do you begin with this train wreck?

Hockey East: UNH treats tourney as new season | College Sports | unionleader.com

Mike Souza did not say a word to his players after their 1-0 loss at UMass Lowell. Souza said he turned the locker room over to senior captain Will MacKinnon, who emphasized to his teammates that, now, a new season begins.

“We wanted to go into Lowell and have an opportunity to potentially get home ice Wednesday but we didn’t,” Souza said. “It’s a new season ... I think our team is in a good frame of mind right now.”

“It was all, for us, about building momentum, carry momentum over into Wednesday. That was our goal. We didn’t get there but we’re not going to talk about it ..."

Even the photo that accompanies the article shows a very aloof-looking MS7 gazing up at his enemy (the scoreboard) with his arms crossed in the same style as his legendary predecessor. He won't energize his guys during the game, apparently passes on those opportunities in the locker room too, and sets goals for his team that they regularly do not achieve. And when they fall short, are there ever any consequences? Who knows, since "we're not going to talk about it".

One cannot be faulted for getting the clear impression that communication is not exactly a high priority for the guy in charge, as he stands there helplessly watching the clock, almost like a piecemeal worker on an assembly line at the end of their shift, hoping things will eventually go right for him.

I think ordinarily, his time might be up after tonight's game. But with what I'm hearing about the new (old) guy first in line for the AD's job, MS7 may be around for awhile yet ...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X