X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sterlippo1
    replied
    Originally posted by BCeagle View Post

Hopefully we won't die driving our car. George is probably chatting with our Steve (BC fan who passed away) now up there.
    good time to put this here...........i am FB friends with one of Steve's daughters, Shannon, and have kept in contact. Shannon has opened up a restaurant in Rockland (Steve was from Hanover) called Stevie G's, appropriately enough......Named after her baby daughter, Stevie who was named after Steve of course. Unfortunately Steve had passed before he got to see his grandaughter but i know he is enjoying her from upstairs. For those in the area you might want to give it a try and let Shannon know how you knew Steve. She knows all about us nuts here on "the blog" as we used to say. Happy New Year to all!

Leave a comment:

• BCeagle
    replied
    Originally posted by eaglekeeper View Post
    As we close out the year I want to remember a friend of mine who loved college hockey. George Porter was a Harvard season ticket holder, but also attended other college games and he was of course a Beanpot regular for many years. His last game was December 4th Dartmouth at Brown. George (85 years young) and his buddy (also 85 years young) drove to the game. George sitting in his seat during the game closed his eyes and passed away. George died doing what he loved to do. I will certainly miss George, but he died his way, no long term illness, no nursing home, not shut in at home, but at a hockey game. When my time comes, sign me up for the same exit!

Go Eagles!
    Hopefully we won't die driving our car. George is probably chatting with our Steve (BC fan who passed away) now up there.

Leave a comment:

• BCeagle
    replied
    Good thing we have this senior bunch of McBain, McLaughlin and Giles or we'd be in real trouble. Looking for some other guys pick it up. I'm not expecting to win a title but hopefully make things interesting for everyone.

OK are they back to win one lose one ?

We'll find out Friday.

Keep in mind we are not playing highly ranked teams and expect them to win the games they're suppose to win. So far the losses to Bentley, MC and Maine were games they were suppose to win

I want to see better decisions with the puck whether to pass or shoot and less turnovers especially those blind / drop passes in the neutral zone and defensive zones. Want to see more SOG in the offensive zone and less questionable passing

Leave a comment:

• Carmine Scarpaglia
    replied
    Is McBain having a crazy good season or what? 11-11-22 in 17 games. Crazy thing about this is that he had games early in the season where he couldn't buy a goal and was getting 3,4,5,6 Grade A chances a game. His numbers would be absurd if he had any luck early on.

Also gotta give some credit to Hreschuk, the guy gets his first career goal and he just skates through the slot without as much as even putting his hands up. We all love the fun cellies but I have a ton of respect for players that put one in and shrug it off like it's nothing.

Leave a comment:

• DNAEagle
    replied
    4-2 win with Wilder in goal, not sure where Dop is but he wasn't on the lines sheet. Win and move on, get another one tomorrow. Lots of uncertainty with the January schedule, could be a lot of cancellations.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X