Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• paulfb
    replied
    Wonder if nine is the longest winless streak in program history. The losing streaks of the awful teams in the 1990s never went that deep, and in the 1970s, even when bad, they were able to pad their schedules with teams like Boston State.

Leave a comment:

• RossiRules
    replied
    Originally posted by eaglekeeper View Post
    All 11 teams make the HEA Tournament.

I still think this team has a run in them if they get a full roster back. McBain was obviously a huge loss. With him they have two scoring lines. He also brings grit, toughness and leadership to this team.

They need to go back to an aggressive forecheck that they were running at the start of the year. Last night that played the first period with a one man forecheck. They went with a two man forecheck stating in the 2nd period. They need to create turnovers as they were at the start of the year.

Go Eagles!
    No run in them this season, with a month to go...and BU now playing well, I think you would need to win both those remaining games with BU and not thinking they are playing well enough to get that done.

Leave a comment:

• DNAEagle
    replied
    Should have called the game after the first period, it was a nice start but then the roof fell in. Ouch.

Leave a comment:

• eaglekeeper
    replied
    All 11 teams make the HEA Tournament.

I still think this team has a run in them if they get a full roster back. McBain was obviously a huge loss. With him they have two scoring lines. He also brings grit, toughness and leadership to this team.

They need to go back to an aggressive forecheck that they were running at the start of the year. Last night that played the first period with a one man forecheck. They went with a two man forecheck stating in the 2nd period. They need to create turnovers as they were at the start of the year.

Go Eagles!

Leave a comment:

• DNAEagle
    replied
    The season is going from bad to worse. A total of 4 goals in the last three games and three of them scored by a guy who is leaving for China for three weeks. They are not going to win any games 1-0. Just do not have anyone who can put the puck in the net. Giles and Ambrosio are capable but they need more than that. It is going to be a long stretch to get to the end of this season. The freshmen are going to be getting major ice time, it can only make them better.

Leave a comment:

• Cross Check
    replied
    For the first time I can remember, I left a BC game after the second period. If they aren't going to put a competitive product on the ice, then I'm not going to waste an additional 20 minutes of my time watching it.

Leave a comment:

• DNAEagle
    replied
    outscored 15-2 in the last two games. There is no way to sugar coat it. They were beaten in every facet of the game. I don't think I have seen a BC game that was leading to a BC loss so early. Now a third game in 4 days, two days of travel. They may not even make the HE tourney. The upcoming schedule is tough, 2UMass 2BU 3NU and UML and Maine away. Yikes

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied
    Originally posted by Cross Check View Post
    Well, after tonight's disaster, this season seems to have turned into a dumpster fire.
    It was an average to slightly above average team till McBain went down. Then the news about the Olympics and it's as if they completely threw in the towel. Losing 8-2 and 7-0 in back to back games is an effort issue. Simple as that. Very disappointing.

If there was any doubt who the team MVP is...

Don't know if McBain officially made team Canada but I wouldn't blame him if he pulled a LaFontaine at this point.

Leave a comment:

• Cross Check
    replied
    Well, after tonight's disaster, this season seems to have turned into a dumpster fire.

Leave a comment:

• Carmine Scarpaglia
    replied
    It's time.

Leave a comment:

• DNAEagle
    replied
    6-1 after 2 ND, 2 5 minute majors on BC. Not sure when they will hit bottom but I think there is a way to go. Long season.

Leave a comment:

• Cross Check
    replied
    Originally posted by DNAEagle View Post
    They haven't left yet and it already hurts, playing without McBain and last night Nesterenko and StIvany also didn't help. The better team won, Mclaughlin is the only guy who can consistently score goals.
    I ate my tickets to watch the Pats game. Looks like I was destined to be a loser either way...

Leave a comment:

• DNAEagle
    replied
    They haven't left yet and it already hurts, playing without McBain and last night Nesterenko and StIvany also didn't help. The better team won, Mclaughlin is the only guy who can consistently score goals.

Leave a comment:

• Cross Check
    replied
    Originally posted by DNAEagle View Post
    Congrat to Helleson and McLaughlin for earning a spot on the US Team. Does anyone know when they leave and when they will be back. Is McBain healthy for tonight, is he expected to make the Canadian team. Tough to lose these guys but all the Boston teams are going to be down key players.
    I'm glad for them, but this is definitely going to hurt.

Leave a comment:

• DNAEagle
    replied
    Congrat to Helleson and McLaughlin for earning a spot on the US Team. Does anyone know when they leave and when they will be back. Is McBain healthy for tonight, is he expected to make the Canadian team. Tough to lose these guys but all the Boston teams are going to be down key players.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X