Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DNAEagle
    replied
    In other news from hockey world the Finns beat the ROC 2-1. If it can't be the US who better to beat the Russians than the Finns, well maybe the Swedes. Props to the Finns.

Leave a comment:

• DNAEagle
    replied
    NU played with the edge that BC had in Friday night. 50/50 battles, loose pucks all wound up with NU. They came out committed and it did not take long for them to get on the board , 23 seconds ! Defensive breakdowns led to a several odd man rushes and goals. BC had plenty of PP time and they couldn't convert one. Ambrosio rang it off the post which would have tied the game and maybe could have altered the outcome. Giles made an a highlight reel goal, best goal I have ever seen him make. The move to the net was incredible but he fought for the puck for 20 seconds or so before he got full control and then he lifted a backhand over the shoulder and between two defenders. The shots were about even but BC caught up in the last 10 minutes. In the first period they had 7 shots on goal and none of them were of high quality. After Friday night's win this was a disappointing effort. At least we will have McBain back next weekend and they should have a bigger presence in the front of the net.
    Last edited by DNAEagle; 02-20-2022, 08:56 AM.

Leave a comment:

• RossiRules
    replied
    I think all this talk of Jerry's successor is a bit mature, he won't be pressured to leave and will do so under his own terms. As a result, I think he hangs on to go out on a higher note than this seasons results. The issue I see for BC and college hockey in general is the landscape of college hockey has changed nationally and particularly in HE. Programs at CT, UMASS and NU now better than ever and snapping up too recruits. I mean Quinnipiac has a better recruiting class that most of HE next year...times have changed. Coach York can't be blamed for that..it was a down year, but it could change in a flash.

Leave a comment:

• Bomber
    replied
    Congrats on your first win of 2022!!!! : )

Leave a comment:

• DNAEagle
    replied
    They should feel better about themselves after last night. They need all cylinders firing to win games, particularly Dop. Last night they attacked the net and they lifted the puck up over the pads. Ambrosio and Warren had terrific goals. Warrens speed and daring just took NU defense by surprise. More speed and daring ? Yes please.

Leave a comment:

• paulfb
    replied
    Originally posted by BCeagle View Post

Parking is a little complicated at Matthews, I had to show my game ticket, parking slips
    Did you park right at the arena? We didn't go tonight, but we usually park at that funky garage at the corner of Gainesborough, the one that was a mechanic shop years ago. You do have to get there early on weekends though because of events at the NE Conservatory and Symphony Hall.

Leave a comment:

• BCeagle
    replied
    Hopefully they can end the season on a positive note with just a few more games left.

So this is what a win looks like .........

If they follow the pattern this season, Saturday is a loss at Conte

Parking is a little complicated at Matthews, I had to show my game ticket, parking slips

Good to see #4 and #25 back

Leave a comment:

• DNAEagle
    replied
    McLaughlin makes it 3-1 at the end of 1. Good first period, but a long way to go.

Leave a comment:

• DNAEagle
    replied
    2-0 BC early, Ambrosio at 14 seconds and Kuntar at 3 minutes. Helleson and MacLaughlin are playing. No McBain maybe tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• DNAEagle
    replied
    Just can't seem to close any game, lose to UML in the last 90 seconds, here in the last 5 minutes, UConn in the last minute after tying it up. Just a lot of games where they could not close. Two best games of the year were NU early on and BU where they won the SO. The rest mostly forgettable. Last night it sounded like they played pretty well against a good Harvard team but they were hanging on, they were lucky in the OT Harvard had puck possession most of the 5 minutes, thanks to a penalty. They did well to come out with a tie. Now on to the meat of the schedule, yikes!

Leave a comment:

• DNAEagle
    replied
    I did wonder why he hasn't seen more ice time, bet he is in the line up when the big three come back.

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied
    Make that 4 goals in two games

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied
    Things that make you go hmmmmm

When finally given a legit chance because there were no other options, Liam Izyk has three goals in last two games now.

Leave a comment:

• DNAEagle
    replied
    Let the speculation begin but I don't think Jerry will exit with such a disappointing season, as long as his health remains good he will be behind the boards next October. It has been an underwhelming season and though he has nothing to prove I think he could coach for another couple of years to try and go out on a more positive note.

Leave a comment:

• Sean Pickett
    replied
    Originally posted by bothman View Post
    $$. What does BC pay relative to UMASS or Quinny?
    What BC pays Coach York is likely not what they will pay his successor. However, according to BC's 2020 IRS Form 990 Coach York's reportable compensation was $646,649, with another $59,722 in other compensation.

Quinnipiac's 2020 IRS Form 990 shows Coach Pecknold's reportable compensation was $628,584, with another $35,798 in other compensation.

Coach Carvel's current base salary is $500,000. Last year it was $459,423, with another $140,500 in other pay. Sean

Leave a comment:

Working...
X