No announcement yet.

Boston College hockey 2021-2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have seen it talked about on the BU thread about needing your degree to be head coach? Brooks Orpik kept his promise to York and completed his. He's still just volunteer coach but will be interesting to see how his career develops.

https://***********/BC_MHockey/statu...8y6DQMz_w&s=19

Comment

• Looks like we may see some shake ups with regards to recruiting. Guessing they told Norcross he'd have to wait another year to come or wouldn't play so he started looking elsewhere. Glad to see he landed on his feet at Northeastern with Riley. Wonder if we'll see any more changes in the 2023 class. Never know if kids committed are offered full scholarships, 2/2's, halfs or basically pwo's

https://***********/BCHockeyBlogger/...kvQLeZjbyURDMg

Comment

• Cav went out and got himself a monster raise off the potential move to BC. He just signed a contract last May paying him $360k a year and this new deal looks like it'll pay him $600k a year. Pretty insane

New Contract: https://uconnhuskies.com/news/2022/6...y-program.aspx

Old Contract: https://www.theuconnblog.com/2021/5/...tension-icebus

Comment

• Blake James? Half of Orono is laughing, the other half feels for y'all.
          bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
          SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
          All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
          A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

• Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
            Blake James? Half of Orono is laughing, the other half feels for y'all.
            That's life as a BC sports fan!

Comment

• So, what's everyone's thoughts on the USC/UCLA to the Big 10 earthquake? The general feeling seems to be that this is going to touch off a further collapse of the PAC 12 with several other teams leaving and ultimately trigger a raid on the ACC with the SEC and Big 10 becoming two mega conferences and everyone else on the outside looking in. If that happens, the only prayer BC has of being one of the cool kids is the Boston media market, but with the lack of football pedigree plus the state of the basketball program, you have to figure Clemson, Florida State, Miami, UNC for starters would be way more desirable to the Big 10 and/or SEC. I think this could very well end up with BC on the outside looking in, in which case the football program is a dead man walking.
              The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
              BC - 12
              BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

• ****ing nuts is what it is
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cross Check View Post
                  So, what's everyone's thoughts on the USC/UCLA to the Big 10 earthquake? The general feeling seems to be that this is going to touch off a further collapse of the PAC 12 with several other teams leaving and ultimately trigger a raid on the ACC with the SEC and Big 10 becoming two mega conferences and everyone else on the outside looking in. If that happens, the only prayer BC has of being one of the cool kids is the Boston media market, but with the lack of football pedigree plus the state of the basketball program, you have to figure Clemson, Florida State, Miami, UNC for starters would be way more desirable to the Big 10 and/or SEC. I think this could very well end up with BC on the outside looking in, in which case the football program is a dead man walking.
                  Depends on if the Big Ten/SEC want an NFL model. They each have 16 teams so they could easily turn it into that and have Big Ten and SEC playoffs leading to a super bowl just like NFL. Or if they are willing to throw a bone to remaining teams/conferences for one or a couple autobids into an expanded college football playoff. There are still big fish out there like Notre Dame, Clemson, etc. I just question how much bigger these conferences can get and still have a logical regular season schedule.

Comment

• Originally posted on the Expansion thread but copied here for obvious reasons:

Be careful what you wish for. You may bleed maroon and gold, but do you really want to really want to be an institution where the football tail wags the entire university dog? Because that's what will happen should BC decide to go down this swillhole, should it even get the chance.

We're all smart enough to understand that the end game in all of this is a football-driven B1G-SEC college sports duopoly that will make untold tons of money. That might be OK if football money built new classroom buildings, labs, dormitories, libraries, research centers, etc. but, in almost every case, football money goes back into ever more bloated football budgets that buy ever more lavish diamond-encrusted, platinum-plated football-only facilities.

Gotta wonder if certain boards of trustees will finally see this scam for what it is and draw a proverbial line in the sand. Not holding my breath, though.

Oh, and hockey expansion? Pure fantasy.
                    "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

• Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                      Originally posted on the Expansion thread but copied here for obvious reasons:

Be careful what you wish for. You may bleed maroon and gold, but do you really want to really want to be an institution where the football tail wags the entire university dog? Because that's what will happen should BC decide to go down this swillhole, should it even get the chance.

We're all smart enough to understand that the end game in all of this is a football-driven B1G-SEC college sports duopoly that will make untold tons of money. That might be OK if football money built new classroom buildings, labs, dormitories, libraries, research centers, etc. but, in almost every case, football money goes back into ever more bloated football budgets that buy ever more lavish diamond-encrusted, platinum-plated football-only facilities.

Gotta wonder if certain boards of trustees will finally see this scam for what it is and draw a proverbial line in the sand. Not holding my breath, though.

Oh, and hockey expansion? Pure fantasy.
                      I don't think it's going to matter, as I don't think BC will be getting an invite to the party. Clemson, Florida State, and Miami will be desirable to the SEC. UNC and UVA are probably desirable to both the SEC and Big 10 as large flagship state universities that are in southern states (SEC cares) and are academically strong (Big 10 cares). Five years ago when VT's football team was still consistently ranked in the Top 20, that might have gotten them a ticket to the dance. You'd think both would be interested in Duke's basketball program, but their football team is an anchor. BC, Wake, Pitt, Syracuse, Louisville, NC State, and Georgia Tech are all likely hopeless if and when the ACC gets raided. They'll end up between the SEC/Big 10 duopoly and mid-majors, but will be further behind the duopoly then they will be ahead of the mid-majors.
                      The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                      BC - 12
                      BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by Cross Check View Post

I don't think it's going to matter, as I don't think BC will be getting an invite to the party...
                        Actually, I wouldn't summarily write off BC if the B1G expands to 20+ teams split between two divisions, especially if the B1G powers-that-be covet the Boston media market. Should anything like this come to pass, BC would find itself a very small fish in a very big pond and likely become a perennial bottom feeder.

Comment

Actually, I wouldn't summarily write off BC if the B1G expands to 20+ teams split between two divisions, especially if the B1G powers-that-be covet the Boston media market. Should anything like this come to pass, BC would find itself a very small fish in a very big pond and likely become a perennial bottom feeder.
                          I'll still take that option over being associated with UConn and UMass football.

Comment

No one around here cares about BC football. They pull awful numbers despite being the only D1 football program around. Boston is a pro sports town and the B1G knows that.

Comment

• Someone should have told the Big Ten that nobody in New York cares about Rutgers.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                                Someone should have told the Big Ten that nobody in New York cares about Rutgers.
                                And someone should have told the Big Ten that nobody in DC or VA cares about Maryland. For that matter, not that many people in Maryland care about the Terps.

Comment

Working...
                                X