Boston College hockey 2021-2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
    Oh man, you must be ****ed he's staying!

We'll probably never know if BC was going to offer him the job/if he was told that Brown was the guy/if he took it to the limit just to get more out of PC but in the end I do applaud BC for at least getting this far with an "outside" candidate.

Comment

Nailed it.

BC can now take credit for rampant HC salary inflation across HEA, first Luce, now Leaman.
      Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
      Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post

Oh man, you must be ****ed he's staying!

We'll probably never know if BC was going to offer him the job/if he was told that Brown was the guy/if he took it to the limit just to get more out of PC but in the end I do applaud BC for at least getting this far with an "outside" candidate.
        He will leave next year for the NHL...his act has gotten REAL old.
        Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

• Leaman just signed long term deal with PC according to McMahon. Brown to be next BC coach. Leaman used BC for raise....seems like standard operation procedure for coaches nowadays.

Comment

He will leave next year for the NHL...his act has gotten REAL old.
            That's certainly the vibe this neutral has picked up on.

Seems like Leaman's time in the 02918 is winding down, but this at least gives him a better floor from which to negotiate his next deal, presumably somewhere at the pro level.
            Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
            Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Okay BC, you're on the clock .... Tick, tick, tick. : )
              It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Well, that hopefully settles it, and it's Brown. I'll be very curious to see what he does with the staff. I really like to see him add someone to work with the forwards. My first choice would be Ben Smith but I don't know if he's ready to retire but he's talked about wanting to jump into coaching after his career. Another name I'd be interested in is Stephen Gionta who's a pro scout with the Lightning. A couple other names to keep an eye on would be Jeff Giuliano who's an assistant at UNH and Benn Ferriero, who's coaching midgets

Comment

In case you were curious what irrelevant Twitter users want:

https://***********/BCHockeyBlogger/...T3WarlFXQ&s=19

This will prove to be the ultimate test of resume vs. family member. With what Leaman did at Union and has done at PC, his resume blows Greg Brown away. There's really no other way to spin that. Yet the source who gave me the Kevin Shea nugget is a BC guy through and through. He wants nothing to do with Leaman. And judging from what I see from BC people they want Greg Brown.
                  BC would be silly to evaluate Leaman candidacy in a vacuum, apart from his commitment to the job. It would make zero sense to hire this guy knowing his aspirations to move to NHL, and those jobs open up every hour. The York philosophy works at BC, and Brown is well qualified to run it.
                  Brown will have to balance his USA hockey type recruits, with higher end/speedier forwards from USHL, Sweden etc. York got away from the speed element for a few years and went with size.

Comment

• How do we know he simply has aspirations to go to the NHL? He might have aspirations to max out his leverage at PC and then bolt--like he might have been planning here. But if he actually made the jump to BC that doesn't automatically mean he would then move on to the NHL.

Comment

• And even if that did happen it would mean he did a good job at BC. Just like Jim Montgomery did at Denver.

Comment

• Sure, it would be nice to have a coach that could bring a National Championship to BC quickly but if they do and then leave that would not be good enough for BC fans. What BC fans want is another Head Coach that brings several NC's to BC staying here for the long run as well. It's ironic but about a dozen years ago there was discussion about who would replace York and it always came down to Brown or Cavanaugh as that team of coaches with York was and still is the greatest coaching combination in the NCAA's for a long time if ever. Cavanaugh was considered the frontrunner then with Brown considered needing more outside experience to overtake him. It appears that thought at the time actually is coming to fruition.

Comment

• Let's be honest. The chances the next coach, even if it was Leaman, wins multiple national championships at BC is highly unlikely. Not impossible but still unlikely.

Comment

• https://***********/PeteThamel/statu...xbab94trnmsgIA

There it is, Brown is the guy. The next steps will be interesting

Also, seems like Thamel gets any scoup BC wants to hand out the past couple years. It's almost like there's a mentality with the school of like, "Thamel is a BC guy, he covers stuff about the school, we give him all the scoops"
                            Last edited by sigx15; 05-06-2022, 01:04 PM.

Comment

• Ya I actually ended up thinking he must be a BC guy himself but he went to Syracuse. Definitely has major connections within BC administration.

Alright now we see what happens with the staff. I really want them to let Brown bring in at least one of his own guys. Preferably a top recruiter for forwards.

Comment

Alright now we see what happens with the staff. I really want them to let Brown bring in at least one of his own guys. Preferably a top recruiter for forwards.
                                Ya, my thoughts exactly. There are so many guys to choose from who could be cadidates, we'll see if he pulls the trigger though. There a bunch of alumni who are right at the tail end of their careers who I think would be great but I don't know if they're ready to hang them up yet. I'd like to see them go in the younger direction with it

Comment

Working...
                                X