No announcement yet.

Boston College hockey 2021-2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ha I watch very little basketball but Grant has actually recruited far better than expected. Incoming class is best BC has had in quite some time. They might have something with him. We'll see. Hafley has recruited far better than Addazio too. So while Jarmond and Kraft both left it's possible they at least helped make good hires.

Comment

• Imagine if BChockeyblogger didn't make his triumphant return? I'd be losing my **** not knowing anything going on with the search. The lack of other reporters knowing anything about it is wild. I hope he gets the scoop on who the actual hire is and gets to leak it with all the work he's done on it

Comment

• I know, not a peep from anybody else on Leaman. Not even anybody refuting it. Everyone just assuming it will be Greg Brown.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          I know, not a peep from anybody else on Leaman. Not even anybody refuting it. Everyone just assuming it will be Greg Brown.
          Ya, same thing with the Ted Donato thing. No one had it and no one is refuting it. Pretty wild

Comment

• A pretty good source relayed to me that Kevin Shea, Vice President and Executive Assistant to the President/Chief of Staff, is pushing for Leaman. What I don't know is how much pull he has with Fr. Leahy compared to anyone who is pushing for Greg Brown.

Comment

A pretty good source relayed to me that Kevin Shea, Vice President and Executive Assistant to the President/Chief of Staff, is pushing for Leaman. What I don't know is how much pull he has with Fr. Leahy compared to anyone who is pushing for Greg Brown.
              You left out the part where Shea is/was/has been a long-term Hockey East on-ice official, J.D.

Maybe he admires Leaman for not ripping him as much, or at least doing so more courteously?
              Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
              Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Looks like Greg Brown has arrived... https://flightaware.com/live/flight/...345Z/KDBQ/KBED

Comment

A pretty good source relayed to me that Kevin Shea, Vice President and Executive Assistant to the President/Chief of Staff, is pushing for Leaman. What I don't know is how much pull he has with Fr. Leahy compared to anyone who is pushing for Greg Brown.
                  Interesting development and frankly makes sense why it seems like it's down to Brown vs. Leaman. My gut tells me the hockey alumni committee want Greg Brown to be the coach and Shea wants Leaman. Will be interesting to see how this plays out

Comment

• Very interesting, Craig Janney, BC alum & longtime NHLer weighs in with his support of Greg Brown

https://twitter.com/CraigJanney1/sta...ukne-xz57wm22w

Comment

• Originally posted by sigx15 View Post

Interesting development and frankly makes sense why it seems like it's down to Brown vs. Leaman. My gut tells me the hockey alumni committee want Greg Brown to be the coach and Shea wants Leaman. Will be interesting to see how this plays out
                      I think from experience, Leaman is proven with an NCAA title, while Brown has not had that much as a HC but I am not sure being coach of the national team is good enough for me. I would go with Leaman over Dennehy and Brown and I doubt Brown would want to be an assistant again at BC with Leaman.
                      NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

• If BC wants the possibility of a longtime coach, then it would have to be Brown or Dennehy. Anyone else would probably be gone to the NHL with any degree of success at BC. Brown or Dennehy could be lifetime head coaches at BC even with outstanding success.

Comment

• I would say the signs are there that Leaman is not long for PC. Whether that's the BC job or an NHL gig. But if he does get the BC job I wouldn't say it's a guarantee that he goes on to the NHL. Right now you can only say the signs point towards him leaving PC.

Comment

• And losing a coach to the NHL doesn't have to be a bad thing. I am sure BU fans will say it was when Quinn left but you can also look at Denver. Jim Montgomery won a national title and went to NHL. Replaced by David Carle who just won his own national title.

Comment

• Originally posted by sigx15 View Post
                              Very interesting, Craig Janney, BC alum & longtime NHLer weighs in with his support of Greg Brown

https://twitter.com/CraigJanney1/sta...ukne-xz57wm22w
                              Janney and Brown were BC teammates in Janney's last year (soph) at BC, when Brown was a frosh.

So, hardly surprising. It's not as if Janney tweeted to recommend Brendan Shanahan for the job ...

Top 12 NHL Players Who Allegedly Slept With A Teammate's Wife (thesportster.com)
                              Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                              Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

And losing a coach to the NHL doesn't have to be a bad thing. I am sure BU fans will say it was when Quinn left but you can also look at Denver. Jim Montgomery won a national title and went to NHL. Replaced by David Carle who just won his own national title.
                                Maybe not, but I'm sure BC is hoping to hire a long term coach and not someone who is going to jump in 3-4 years - ala Quinn.

Comment

Working...
                                X