Boston College hockey 2021-2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sigx15 View Post

Nope, they're Dominican aka Friars. They're pretty similar nowadays to Franciscans but they'll say they're very different
    Someone is Franciscan. Wait...Merrimack I think?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
      Someone is Franciscan. Wait...Merrimack I think?
      Nope. Merrimack is Augustinian. I'm not aware of any Franciscan schools that offer hockey.
      "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

• Leaman is staying in PVD.
        Originally posted by mookie1995
        bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
        Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
        Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

• Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
          Leaman is staying in PVD.
          Well if that's the case that is what I thought would happen anyway. I do like the fact BC didn't limit it to just BC guys. I didn't think BC would get over the line with Leaman.

Comment

• Originally posted by Split-N View Post

Nope. Merrimack is Augustinian. I'm not aware of any Franciscan schools that offer hockey.
            Alvernia in PA will be playing D3 hockey next season.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• And now Dubuque is out of the playoffs.

Comment

• Originally posted by PullTheGoalie View Post
                And now Dubuque is out of the playoffs.
                "Yah Greg Brown tanked the season kid"

Better check the flight logs tomorrow!

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post

"Yah Greg Brown tanked the season kid"

Better check the flight logs tomorrow!
                  I'm already on it. Confirmed he didn't fly out immediatley after the game haha

Comment

I agree. Until it actually happens I just don't see BC closing things out with Leaman. But at the same time if he really is a finalist you have to know the salary demands by now, no? If BC/Leahy simply pick Brown because he's a BC grad that will be the most BC thing ever.
                    Has it been a pattern since Leahy took over that BC's problems starts with a bad AD or lack of a good AD that stays long term ? Do the good ones leave because their hands are tied ? There is no long term consistency with the constant changes in the AD

Defilippo and down have put BC varsity programs into mediocrity year after year in basketball, football, baseball, etc ? Even now hockey has tanked in the last 5 of 8 years

Leahy must not be the last say on a good AD because I have no confidence in him to pick the right AD who will stay long term and not use BC as a stepping stone

Continuity is needed for the programs to be what it use to be, very competitive teams year in and year out

Our standards of excellence has dropped

I really want this time a BC guy who cares about BC and understands what BC needs unless they hire a home run candidate who has established himself in another program
                    Last edited by BCeagle; 05-02-2022, 12:42 AM.
                    NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

• While Greg Brown is not my first choice, from what I have seen/know he certainly has the right demeanor for the job. Experience as an assistant in college/NHL and then got some quality time as HC in the USHL. I said before that BC has fallen behind in recruiting the USHL. So if he had made any connections, that can certainly help. Ultimately I'll be fine with him but I don't want the same staff configuration. I'd even be ok with retaining Ayers but I would take a hard look at replacing Buckley with someone who can recruit and focus on forwards. Then you would have a former dman as HC, former goalie as associate HC and then someone for forwards. That could really work well.

Comment

• The BC blogger says Nate Leaman is very much still involved. Claims Leaman and Brown meeting with Fr. Leahy this week.

Comment

The BC blogger says Nate Leaman is very much still involved. Claims Leaman and Brown meeting with Fr. Leahy this week.
                          This does make one wonder how long Leaman intends to stay at PC, even if he doesn't get the BC job.
                          Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                          Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Good bye Pat, don't let the door hit you on the way out. Just like the flipper, Bates and Jarmond. At least the HC job selection process is out of Kraft's hands, I think JY will have an even bigger role in the selection. Maybe he will decide he is the best person for the job and stay longer. I would be ok with that because that would be true. Please just not Dennehy.

Comment

• Haven't seen anyone report York staying on. That ain't happening. I have no reason to believe the BC blogger has this one wrong. Haven't seen anyone refute Leaman being a candidate. Not even Mark Divver. If Leaman was not a candidate I think we would have seen something by now.

Comment

• Well I was being facetious about JY returning but he is the best person for the job. Interesting to see the process for selection. Best to leave it to hockey guys anyway. I am not sure Kraft make a great choice for Bball, another two years before we know that. Brown over Leamen if that is the choice.

Comment

Working...
                                X