Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adam Wodon
    @CHN_AdamWodon
    If Boston College had a lick of sense -- its hires would be ... Ed McLaughlin as AD, Mark Denney has head coach. The end. If they want to ensure a smooth, competent transition to the future - that's the ticket.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• I knew it was gonna be about Dennehy. CHN has been pushing him i am assuming because of the McMahon/Merrimack connection. Dennehy was promoted in Devils organization from AHL coach to chief scout or something. Didn't NU hire Madigan from a scouting position? And Dennehy is more accomplished as a HC than Cav! Smiley face (but it's true)

Comment

• https://twitter.com/BCHockeyBlogger/...qf5r_EKTjI1rvA

"I believe there are three finalists for the job- Leaman, Greg Brown, and Mark Dennehy. The candidates will meet individually with Father Leahy. AD Pat Kraft is leaving to take the Penn State job."

"Breaking- per my sources, Providence head coach Nate Leaman interviewed with BC earlier this week and is a leading candidate for the job. Leaman won a national title at PC in 2015."

Leaman made $800k last year, he'd probably need a $1m+ contract to come here and I wouldn't be surprised if he would ask for a hockey only arena as well

Comment

• Originally posted by sigx15 View Post
          Leaman made $800k last year, he'd probably need a $1m+ contract to come here and I wouldn't be surprised if he would ask for a hockey only arena as well
          If Leaman thinks he can only win at BC if he gets a "cute little expensive perk" like the Alabama football hottubs then no thanks. For a million a year, I hope the coach is enough of a "wow" factor to get kids, and its not like he has to recruit them to Providence anymore... this is BC, his job is getting easier.
          Last edited by NCAA watcher; 04-28-2022, 02:22 PM.
          The Souza record:
          15-16 10th place
          16-17 10th place
          17-18 11th place
          18-19 8th place
          19-20 9th place
          20-21 10th place
          21-22 9th place
          22-23 10th place

Comment

• If there is mutual interest between BC and Leaman, that just confirms Cav was never offered this job.

Comment

• Hiring Leaman would require BC to pay top dollar. I am not convinced they will do it.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                ...Didn't NU hire Madigan from a scouting position?...
                IIRC, Jimmy was Director of Development for the College of Business Administration when he was hired as HC but I believe he was also scouting on the side. The development gig worked out as he used those talents to help endow the HC job and otherwise put the hockey program on a solid financial footing. And although it's none of my business as an NU fan, I truly believe that Dennehy, with his pro experience and connections, would work out great for youse guys.
                "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
                  this is BC, his job is getting easier.
                  They haven't won a National Championship in a decade at this point. With these younger generations' lack of attention spans, I'm not convinced that BC's past success means a whole lot to future recruits nowadays, and at the very least does not carry the same weight that it used to. I hope I'm wrong about that, but I suspect that I'm not.
                  The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                  BC - 12
                  BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

• If you look at next year's class (Ryan Leonard etc), BC is still getting top kids. Leaman has won without that built in recruiting edge. I just have a hard time believing this ends up happening. I will be pleasantly surprised if BC steps up and gives Leaman the $.

Comment

• BC could cut Leaman in on some New Balance funds to make it work. Leaman was my top pick, but am convinced that he heads to the NHL within 3 years. He also is staring at a monster BC class in 2023 and probably would add some talent in 2024 with his recruiting ability.

Comment

• Myself and every other Maine fan has a lot of love for Nate but BC seems like kind of an odd fit. He’s a great coach and I’m sure he wouldn’t be unsuccessful but just how successful I’m not really sure.

Is Timmy the last person to go directly from being head coach of one hockey east school to another? Obviously in his case directly is used a little loosely.
                        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• I'm so curious as to who the main guys on the alumni committee doing the interviews are. There are legit 20 different guys I could see who have been involved. I'm shocked at least one of the names hasn't been leaked yet. I would guess a combination of Orpik, Mottau, Gionta or Collins would be involved but there a ton more guys from other generations who could be too. Knowing who is involved would give me a better read on what direction I thought they'd go in but honestly no idea right now

The odds in my head are 20% Leaman, 50% Brown, 20% Dennehy, 10% someone else not reported as a finalist like JD Forrest, Ted Donato or Scott Gordon

Comment

• I agree. Until it actually happens I just don't see BC closing things out with Leaman. But at the same time if he really is a finalist you have to know the salary demands by now, no? If BC/Leahy simply pick Brown because he's a BC grad that will be the most BC thing ever.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                              I agree. Until it actually happens I just don't see BC closing things out with Leaman. But at the same time if he really is a finalist you have to know the salary demands by now, no? If BC/Leahy simply pick Brown because he's a BC grad that will be the most BC thing ever.
                              Weirdly, I dont think it'll actually be about the money. I think it'll be more philosophically driven. In my mind it's more about, do they go with the sure thing on Leaman or Brown who probably has a lower floor but also may have a higher ceiling?

This is also part of the reason I'm really curious on who is on the committee. Depending on who it is, Brown may have coached them and that could have a big sway on the decision
                              Last edited by sigx15; 04-28-2022, 07:05 PM.

Comment

• Not Dennehy, yes he is a BC grad and a former head coach, but he was let go by MickyMac, yes he has elevated the program, it is a tough place to work and compete with the likes of the top teams, but he just doesn"t fit the HC mold for me. I will say Leaman teams are tough and play a heavy game, he doesn't need BC as a stepping stone if he wants to move to the NHL. Brown seems to be the best fit and I hope he is the guy since it is not going to be Cav.

Comment

Working...
                                X