Boston College hockey 2021-2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sigx15 View Post
    Ok let's do some flight tracking... looks like Greg Brown is in the building. Can't imagine anyone else flying from Dubuque to Hanscom

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/...300Z/KDBQ/KBED
    Check the Hanscom flight logs and report back!

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post

Check the Hanscom flight logs and report back!
      Haha ya that's what I was doing when I saw it. Haven't seen much else notable yet

Comment

• Pat Kraft expected to be named AD at Penn State. Good timing Pat!

Comment

• Madigan became AD at NU. Maybe York could be interim AD to get through the hockey transition and until they find a replacement.

Comment

• Are the trustees really going to let Leahy pick another AD? What is Penn St thinking hiring this clown shoe. JY wanted an extension, how do you force him out while interviewing for the PSU AD job!

Gladchuk is laughing his *** off! Leahy never learned because he is an outsider himself, that you need to hire a BC person for AD. They are the only people that will stay and work under Leahy.

The trustees need to bring back JY for another year and force Leahy out next month. This is ridiculous!

Go Eagles!

Comment

• I'm not buying the York wanted an extension take. He's 76 and had the recurring/rolling contract. That doesn't make any sense. Haven't seen that reported anywhere.

And I couldn't care less about the AD being a BC person or that it's a stepping stone job really. But it's time to get some results if the last two ADs are being hired away from you by P5 programs.

Comment

Madigan became AD at NU. Maybe York could be interim AD to get through the hockey transition and until they find a replacement.
                York will not take an interim AD position, he would rather stay as coach vs. that. He needs time for himself. What I could see is Jerry getting deeply involved in the replacement selection with the AD sealing the contract parts of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by eaglekeeper View Post
                  Are the trustees really going to let Leahy pick another AD? What is Penn St thinking hiring this clown shoe. JY wanted an extension, how do you force him out while interviewing for the PSU AD job!

Gladchuk is laughing his *** off! Leahy never learned because he is an outsider himself, that you need to hire a BC person for AD. They are the only people that will stay and work under Leahy.

The trustees need to bring back JY for another year and force Leahy out next month. This is ridiculous!

Go Eagles!
                  I'm not familiar with these things, but would trustees actually oust a school president over an athletics matter that doesn't involve scandal or illegality?
                  if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

• Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post

I'm not familiar with these things, but would trustees actually oust a school president over an athletics matter that doesn't involve scandal or illegality?
                    At an SEC school? Maybe but still unlikely. At BC? Never.

Comment

• I'm not worried about the hockey program, it's lead by alumni anyways, they were always going to chose the next coach.

As for an AD, they really need to hire someone with some BC ties or is from MA this go around

Comment

• Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
                        York will not take an interim AD position, he would rather stay as coach vs. that. He needs time for himself. What I could see is Jerry getting deeply involved in the replacement selection with the AD sealing the contract parts of it.
                        Agree, no reason for the retiring consummate coaching lifer wanting any part of the AD job.

Disagree York will want to play a significant role in hiring his replacement. Look at what happened the last time a long-term BC Hockey head coach had significant input on who would be hired as his successor. I mean, what can go wrong, right? Mind you, the rest of HEA would be rooting for a repeat of the Count Cedorchuk Era, but York has spent the better part of the last 30 years solidifying his own legacy as the greatest coach in the program's history. For him to embark on an uncharacteristic ego trip to put a stamp of approval on the next hire isn't worth the risk to his spotless legacy.

Look at the crap Coach Umile has taken post-retirement for his role in hiring his successor. Ceglarski, see above comments. Heck, some UMaine fans still hold it against Walshy for spending some of his final days on Earth trying to do right by UMaine with the Whitehead hire, who was FAR more proficient than either Souza or Cedorchuk, but wasn't quite Walshy Part Deux.

York is too smart to risk cheapening his own legacy by failing to hire someone as good as himself.
                        Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                        Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Pat Kraft expected to be named AD at Penn State. Good timing Pat!
                          Because what they need right now is more uncertainty. Brother...
                          The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                          BC - 12
                          BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

• Leahy is from Omaha. It's a shame the Jesuits at Creighton have never brought him home.

Comment

• Adam Wodon Tweet: https://***********/CHN_AdamWodon/st...Tv_eoXxZ2ziyJA
                              It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                                Ah damn I'm blocked by that asshat

Comment

Working...
                                X