No announcement yet.

Boston College hockey 2021-2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chuck, I've seen it mentioned that Cav is a year away from earning his CT state pension. How does it make you feel that he's parlayed his mediocrity at UConn into a nice fat pension? *smiley face*

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
      < hand raised >

Why is Mike Cavanaugh referred to as "Luce"?
      Was wondering that as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        Chuck, I've seen it mentioned that Cav is a year away from earning his CT state pension. How does it make you feel that he's parlayed his mediocrity at UConn into a nice fat pension? *smiley face*
        Good for him. Nothing says "go for the glory" than a middle-aged has-been collecting a pension.

He can pull up a chair with Umile at his Bow Lake cottage, and they can compare who's is bigger.

Pension, that is ...
        Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
        Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          I didn't even know Montgomery was back coaching. I'd certainly take a look at him but I doubt BC would. Maybe a program like MSU would. They've been irrelevant for a long time now and desperately need a turnaround.
          have to think they will be starting in that role forever. There is a doormat in every power conference year in and year out.
          just look at standings in the SEC, Big 10, etc.

sparty is destined to be the KU football team for big 10 hockey from now until the end of the world.
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post

have to think they will be starting in that role forever. There is a doormat in every power conference year in and year out.

sparty is destined to be the KU football team for big 10 hockey from now until the end of the world.
            MSU was a great hockey program for a long time, it'd be a shame if they couldn't revive it. It seems like they aren't settling for where they are either, only giving Anastos 6 years and Danton Cole 5 years

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post

You may be right, but do you know the last Big 10 school to win the national championship?

Comment

• Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post

You may be right, but do you know the last Big 10 school to win the national championship?
                That would be Michigan State (2007) - Rick Comley

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post

That would be Michigan State (2007) - Rick Comley
                  Please don't bring that up around here...
                  The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                  BC - 12
                  BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by sigx15 View Post

MSU was a great hockey program for a long time, it'd be a shame if they couldn't revive it. It seems like they aren't settling for where they are either, only giving Anastos 6 years and Danton Cole 5 years
                    But those are to low cost hires with limited (Cole) to no (Anastos) experience. Hastings would be a complete strategic 180, while Nightengale would be more of the same...

Turning over coaches won’t get you very far when you make uninspired, low investment hires.
                    Live Free or Die!!
                    Miami University '03

Comment

• https://***********/BCHockeyBlogger/..._-LAxG23yP3RrQ

Wow, Ron Rolston getting a stab at an interview. This means 1 of 2 things in my mind. 1 is Ron called in a big favor from Jerry/an alumni back from when he was an assistant in or they're truly casting a very wide net in the search. He's so far off the radar and below any level of expectation of potential coaches it's crazy. My guess is it's a combination of the two, not only did he call in a big favor but they're actually casting a wider net than maybe the names we've heard so far.

We basically only know for certain Cav, Brown & Rolston have interviewed. We can assume Dennehy has because of all the insane lobbying he's done to try to get the job, he's called in every favor, iou, christmas card and text message he's had for the past 30 years to try to get it. I really hope J.D. Forrest has gotten a fair shot in all of this and interviewed.

We also know Donato's name was definitely floated, just not how serious the interest is from either side. Btw, for anyone scoffing at Donato leaving, that's a really hard job at Harvard and with it's recruiting restrictions, he may be more open to leaving than people may think. Bob Motzko left St Cloud for Minnesota, Donato can leave Harvard for BC. My hope would be they have approached Carvel & Pecknold as well. I want no part of Leaman although I know some here do. There have been the Mike Hastings rumors about BU but I'm surprised we haven't heard anyone go after Scott Sandelin. A North Dakota guy coaching at Duluth, maybe he could be convinced to go after a new challenge?

Comment

• How does Dennehey now compare to York when he was hired? Dennehey certainly wouldn’t have the excitement or buzz of some other candidates but he is someone I could see doing a really good job at BC.
                        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• I read something from Mike McMahon about how Minnesota State does not fall under the same university structure of Minnesota/UMD. It's easier for those two schools to match big money offers from other schools. Minnesota State/St. Cloud/Bemidji are under a different structure. Part of the reason Motzko went to Minnesota. So while Hastings could be possible I don't see it happening with Sandelin. I think the only way he's leaving UMD is for UND and that doesn't look like it will happen anytime soon. Unless an NHL team shows interest I don't see Sandelin going anywhere.

If Ron Rolston wants to be a HC, getting it out there that he interviewed for the BC job should help him down the line. I can't see any way he gets this job though. That would be entirely underwhelming.

I am conflicted on Dennehy. Did a good job at Merrimack and then faded. Now it looks like Borek might be doing a better job recruiting. I don't blame anyone for not winning at Merrimack and Dennehy has actually gone on to do good things in the Devils organization. He was promoted last summer:

https://www.nhl.com/devils/news/mark...ng/c-325912496

Despite the agenda of CHN pushing Dennehy (McMahon is Merrimack beat reporter and tight with Dennehy) I could be talked into Dennehy being a good hire.

Comment

• Rolston does have HC experience at US NTDP, AHL and even NHL with Sabres but I'm not sure I want them going with him. Maybe I am underselling him.

Comment

• Ok let's do some flight tracking... looks like Greg Brown is in the building. Can't imagine anyone else flying from Dubuque to Hanscom

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/...300Z/KDBQ/KBED

Comment

• Haha love that you can find this stuff

Comment

Working...
                                X