No announcement yet.

Boston College hockey 2021-2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for the memories JY. I had hoped he would stay for one more Nattie but he gave the university and his players his very best for 28 years. He is really the most positive and upbeat person I have ever met. Enjoy the next chapter.

Comment

• The GOAT is gone. It absolutely was time. But it was an absolutely absurd run of success from 1997 through the mid-2010s before falling off dramatically.

Very interesting this is happening while BU is also searching for another coach as well.

I have to think Greg Brown is a front-runner along with Cavanaugh. Will be interesting to hear who is submitting resumes and getting interviews for this job.
      Originally posted by reBlur
      the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• The intracity rivalry aside, this Northeastern fan could never find a way to dislike Jerry York. He was, is, and will remain a man of integrity who personifies everything that is good and noble about our game. Fair winds and following seas, coach.
        Last edited by Split-N; 04-13-2022, 07:06 PM.
        "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

• It's a shame he didn't get a proper send off during the season but I'm not surprised whatsoever. The greatest college hockey coach of all time will be missed.

It'll be very interesting to see who they hire next and who helps make the decision on the hiring. There's the obvious Cavanaugh or Brown and then there's outside shots of Rand Pecknold or Greg Carvel. Will be very interesting to see what direction they go in

Comment

• Originally posted by bcmsu9196 View Post
            Conte Forum is fine. If Princeton can skate at 100-year-old Baker Rink, BC is OK where it is. Need to start winning consistently again.
            Being fine does not mean you can't do better. Conte host two hockey teams and two basketball teams. How many arenas do that?

Comment

• We know the obvious candidates in Cav and Brown but I'd be thrilled if they went younger. JD Forrest is my top choice from within the BC family. This is a premier job though. Don't be afraid to call Mike Hastings even if he hangs up on you.

Comment

• Twitter is saying it’s Cavanaugh.
                It Happened!!!!

Comment

• https://twitter.com/NathanPStrauss/s...RcvWHqugw&s=19

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                    Twitter is saying it’s Cavanaugh.
                    Totally good with him. What he's done with UConn has been very impressive, that job was absolutely horrible when he took over. He's done a great job with it and recruited really well. If he comes and could possibly snipe Matthew Wood, a UConn recruit, along with him, it'd be a home run, he's absolutely disgusting. He's a top 5 recruit in the country

Do I think it's a 10/10 hire? No but that would've been basically as JD said, Mike Hastings or someone along those lines. I do think Cav is a 8.5 or 9/10. The UConn job was that bad and he's done a really good job with it

Comment

• It could have been Milbury

Comment

• Jerry York was the best college coach of all time. In any sport. His decency as a man is as boundless as his coaching skill too. College hockey has been endlessly fortunate to have had him around it for so long.

Comment

• Not sure if it was mentioned here yet but it sounds like UConn's coach Cav is going to be BCs next coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by Liveatjrl View Post
                            Not sure if it was mentioned here yet but it sounds like UConn's coach Cav is going to be BCs next coach.
                            I know nothing about Nathan Strauss but good for him if he's got the ultimate source.

Comment

• Compare and contrast the USCHO article (released 1st) with CHN's article on Coach York's retirement.
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• It'd be a great time for the triumphant return of the BChockeyblog. If he was still around, we would know who the next coach is, the staff and what impact it has on recruiting

Comment

Working...
                                X