Boston College hockey 2021-2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lemonade View Post
    I think most of us agree that college hockey and this 25 and 26 year old stuff isnt good for the game? But what will change? There is no other NCAA sport that essentially requires 2 years of juniors to play at the NCAA level. College sports should be for college age kids not grown *** men. Jack Eichel is the same age as some college players still its pathetic. The game isnt getting better its getting older. Kids are playing a 100 games a year since they are mites - they don't need junior league hockey. Go to high school and then go play college - LIKE EVERY OTHER NCAA SPORT.
    Agreed but even when I was at NU in the 80s Canadian kids came from JrB. 2 years with the Merritt Centennials was the norm now kids do a PG year or two a year or two in the USHL and bam you have 22 and 23 freshman. Crazy. Great post. Nice chatting with you this season.

Comment

• The only thing that can change is the sport agreeing to an age restriction and that's never going to happen.

Comment

• Grant Riley appears to be odd man. Silverstein may or may not be at BC this Fall. My guess is that Wilder will depart to gain playing time in USHL/BCHL.. Could be Benson, Silverstein and Moffat next season or Benson, Wilder, Moffat. Makes no sense for Wilder to sit on the bench, as he is in the Bobby Orr camp, from what i have seen, and needs to play to improve. Benson looks like a better G than Dop but we shall see. Delay is not coming nor is Joyce. Swedish kid-Jellvik had a dynamite season in high level 20 yr old age Swedish league. Tremendous playmaker. Gauthier is tremendous player, and Gasseau blossomed offensively in USHL this past season. I sense St. Ivany is coming back, but just a hunch.. St. Ivany return would be huge for the Defense, as Eagles are young with only Warren, Hreschuk, Powell, and Alami returning. Gustaffson tremendous offensive player, and Leddy is a lockdown Defensive D man.

Comment

• Originally posted by Seacaptim View Post
          Grant Riley appears to be odd man. Silverstein may or may not be at BC this Fall. My guess is that Wilder will depart to gain playing time in USHL/BCHL.. Could be Benson, Silverstein and Moffat next season or Benson, Wilder, Moffat. Makes no sense for Wilder to sit on the bench, as he is in the Bobby Orr camp, from what i have seen, and needs to play to improve. Benson looks like a better G than Dop but we shall see. Delay is not coming nor is Joyce. Swedish kid-Jellvik had a dynamite season in high level 20 yr old age Swedish league. Tremendous playmaker. Gauthier is tremendous player, and Gasseau blossomed offensively in USHL this past season. I sense St. Ivany is coming back, but just a hunch.. St. Ivany return would be huge for the Defense, as Eagles are young with only Warren, Hreschuk, Powell, and Alami returning. Gustaffson tremendous offensive player, and Leddy is a lockdown Defensive D man.
          Wilder is an overager so he's not going back to juniors. Perhaps the transfer portal. His mistake was coming to BC straight out of NE prep.

Comment

• Yes, he just missed the cutoff as he turned 21. (20 is cutoff for USHL etc.). In fairness to Wilder, the covid mania emerged that season/may have disrupted his plans.

Comment

• I have said for a couple years that I don't think Riley will ever end up at BC

Comment

• NU picks up the scraps so to speak as Riley heads to NU. Glad he found a home. Their backup is transferring out probably because Levi is coming back. So Riley can back him up for a year.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                  NU picks up the scraps so to speak as Riley heads to NU. Glad he found a home. Their backup is transferring out probably because Levi is coming back. So Riley can back him up for a year.
                  NU has a fairly highly rated goalie coming in 2023, Cameron Whitehead, so this is interesting. Maybe he gets in a few games, plays well, and then goes the Semp rout. Worried TJS is gonna wind up in Amherst.
                  2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                  2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

• York should replace Ayers with Albie

Comment

• Would like to see UNH Jackson Pierson (31G/57a) at BC next season, but unsure if York has room. Eagles need playmakers.

Comment

• We have 6 forwards leaving and 5 freshman forward recruits. So there is room for a grad transfer.

Comment

• Nice catch. Eagles could also use his leadership as a Senior. Warren, St. Ivany (if returning) only seniors on the team. Maybe the UNH fans can add some color on Pierson. His line was buzzing against BC in games.

Comment

• Marc McLaughlin is making his NHL debut with the Bruins tonight. I love to see a local kid get a shot with the hometown club.
                            It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Seacaptim, Jackson would be an excellent fit for you guys. He is one of the reasons we play you well. He is quick, has great hands, responsible defensively and with a better supporting cast he will be a bigger scorer. He will come closer to the 35/40 point level.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                                Marc McLaughlin is making his NHL debut with the Bruins tonight. I love to see a local kid get a shot with the hometown club.
                                One game, one goal.

Comment

Working...
                                X