No announcement yet.

Boston College hockey 2021-2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry to see him go but wish him the best. One of the best solo rushes I ever saw. Eight second left in OT, he starts inside his own blue line, undresses the BU defenseman, dekes the goalie and scores with less than a second left, players on both teams seemed to be standing still just watching him speed down the right wing. Incredible goal.

Comment

• If we can keep all of our 2 round picks 3 years going forward we will all be very happy! All the best to Drew and Marc McLaughlin who signed with the Bruins.

Next year is a rebuilding year. It’s very important that we keep our current freshman and sophomores 4 years. These two classes combined with the next two years incoming recruits have all the pieces of a 6th NC. We do need to pick up a couple of big defenseman ideally through the portal for their experience.

Every team in college hockey will be a work in progress due to roster turnover. BC still has a chance to be good next year with two very good goalies coming in and 3 talented forwards. The year after they have the #1 recruiting class. That’s why it is so important to keep our freshman and sophomores 4 years.

Go Eagles!

Comment

• Forward:

Out:

1. McBain
        2. McLaughlin
        3. Giles
        4. Kruse
        5. Carreau
        6. Sternschein

In:

1. Cutter Gauthier (#6 North American skater; projected 1st round pick)
        2. Andre Gasseau (drafted by Bruins last year; solid year in the USHL this year)
        3. Oskar Jellvik (also drafted by Bruins last year; playing in Sweden this year)
        4. Paul Davey (ok season in USHL, clearly ahead of the next 3 guys)

5. Tim Delay
        6. Will Traeger
        7. Billy Norcross

Defense:

St. Ivany
        Wells
        Helleson

In:

1. Charlie Leddy (#84 North American skater
        2. Seamus Powell (#166 skater)
        3. Lukas Gustafsson (good season in the USHL; could turn out similar to Connor Moore)

4. Nolan Joyce

Goaltender:

Dop

In:

1. Dylan Silverstein (#3 North American goaltender)
        2. Grant Riley? (not sure this one is ever happening)

Who knows what ends up happening with Delay, Traeger, Norcross and Joyce. Those guys are all just bottom of the roster filler. And of course there's the transfer portal. Will have to see if anyone bolts.

Comment

• Grant Riley is definitely coming in this year. He has had a very good season in the USHL.

BCI reported that St. Ivany has another year of eligibility. That was news to me.

I thought Delay was pushed back to 2023. His father played at BC. Definitely needs time to bulk up to play in HEA.

I agree that they need some help especially on D from the portal. I see next year as a rebuilding year, but 2024 should be a peak season if our current freshman and sophomore classes stay 4 years.

Go Eagles!

Comment

• Riley played in BCHL and his numbers are pedestrian really but that could also just be the league. Either way, Silverstein the higher rated goalie. They gonna have four goalies on the roster?

Everyone technically has an extra year of eligibility due to COVID. I can't see St. Ivany coming back but who knows. The roster was just a projection on my part. So it's possible Delay has been delayed...I'll see myself out.

Comment

• Silverstein is definitely going to be the starter next season. I would think Moffat would be odd man out. I highly doubt they would keep both Wilder and Moffat as backups to Silverstein. The question is whether or not Riley is significantly better than Wilder. This is a real position of need and depth.

Go Eagles!

Comment

• Now I'm not sure what is going on. Mike McMahon tweeted BC has transfer goalie coming in from Colgate...Mitch Benson. At least I think that's who he is referencing. Will be 25 in November! Good career SP in three years at Colgate.

Comment

• Only times I saw Colgate play was 2-1 game three win over Cornell. 36 saves and Cornell only scored with 7 seconds left. And semifinal against QU. 30 saves in 3-1 loss. ECAC fans would need to chime in on him.

Comment

• Very surprising because I can’t believe that Silverstein would be pushed back a year. Benson has 2 years of eligibility I believe. They must have backed off Riley. They also have another goalie for 23.

Go Eagles!

Comment

• or Riley backed off them.

Comment

• College hockey is broken....25 year old men playing college is a joke.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lemonade View Post
                          ....25 year old men playing college is a joke.
                          Amen!
                          Last edited by Split-N; 03-25-2022, 09:25 AM.
                          "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

• It is but that's how it is these days. Even a soon to be 25 yr old helped BU win their last national title.

Comment

• It is a sad state of affairs, pro sports and cable TV have damaged college sports beyond repair. Big time college sports are now franchises that needs to be managed and branded in order to fund the endowment of the school.

Comment

• I think most of us agree that college hockey and this 25 and 26 year old stuff isnt good for the game? But what will change? There is no other NCAA sport that essentially requires 2 years of juniors to play at the NCAA level. College sports should be for college age kids not grown *** men. Jack Eichel is the same age as some college players still its pathetic. The game isnt getting better its getting older. Kids are playing a 100 games a year since they are mites - they don't need junior league hockey. Go to high school and then go play college - LIKE EVERY OTHER NCAA SPORT.

Comment

Working...
                                X