Boston College hockey 2021-2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PullTheGoalie View Post
    Question: Does the Regular Season Champ get an NCAA auto bid?
    Found the answer. No.
    A tournament win in HE is an auto even if you have a losing record
    NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post

Heh, now they face a team in UNH that has been a giant pain in the *** for BC in recent years. But, I am coming around to the idea that it would not stun me if BC makes it to the Garden. Not when you have McBain, McLaughlin and Giles leading the way.
      Nothing is automatic for BC this year

UNH won the home and home this season, so let's hope BC is ready this time or else end of season is quick

The one good thing perhaps is it's one and done if they can string it together to get an auto bid if they can do it

For the seniors Giles, McLaughlin and McBain it would be a nice present making the NCAA in their last season
      Last edited by BCeagle; 03-05-2022, 11:54 PM.
      NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Comment

• Love to see Giles and McLaughlin come back for a fifth year. McBain has to move on, but the other two, while not likely, could come back and enjoy another year and build their resume for the next level. They could terrorize the league. It is hard to predict what any team will look like a year out, I hope Warren and Helleson stay for their senior year.

Comment

• Why is nobody at this game??

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
            Why is nobody at this game??
            I wasn't expecting a big crowd but was actually gonna go. Wife didn't get home early enough and I would have gotten there at 7:25 at best. The weather was probably a factor.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post

I wasn't expecting a big crowd but was actually gonna go. Wife didn't get home early enough and I would have gotten there at 7:25 at best. The weather was probably a factor.
              They mentioned BC is on break.

Comment

• Well, OK... the streak vs UNH continues. UNH deserved better. BC got outplayed and outshot, especially as the game wore on. I get that they hit at least two posts and it could have been a blowout before they soiled themselves in the 3rd but they grabbed their ankles there for a good while which should be concerning.

Turning point in this game was a terrible play by Giles to wave his stick around like he's trying to cast a patronus charm 200 feet from his own net and drilling someone in the face with his stick. The fourth line actually played well in their limited time (Izyk penalty, meh).

Thought maybe York should have used his timeout in regulation before it was tied. He held onto it too late IMO. BUT... once again BC won an OT game very shortly after he called a timeout thanks to the extra timeout in overtime.

Let's see what they do vs. NU. Stop McDonough and you've got a chance but they will be able to make last change at Matthews to get him on the ice with favorable matchups.
                Originally posted by reBlur
                the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• I think it comes to an end at NU but the good thing for BC is it isn't a best of three. Maybe Levi has an off night. Better chance of that than beating him 2 of 3.

Comment

• For those keeping track at home of the rare postseason goal for BC under York, McLaughlin is the 14th goal scorer of an OT playoff goal and the first to do so since Logan Hutsko beat PC in 2019*. Others to score a golden goal vs. UNH were Blake Bellefeuille in 1998 for the HE title and Benn Ferriero in 2008 in the semifinals (Matt Greene was robbed of an earlier OT goal). The last to score one in the NCAA tournament for BC was also in 2008 when Joe Whitney got the diving rebound of a Dan Bertram slapshot in Worcester on the road to the 2008 national title.

Interestingly, there is another active NCAA player with an OT playoff goal for BC. Chris Grando, still playing at ASU, scored a shorthanded goal in OT against Merrimack in the QFs in 2018.

Good day for BC athletics given the hoops upset of Wake Forest as well.

*Also interesting, McLaughlin scored in that game as a freshman.
                    Last edited by Carmine Scarpaglia; 03-09-2022, 09:51 PM.
                    Originally posted by reBlur
                    the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                      Once again BC won an OT game very shortly after he called a timeout thanks to the extra timeout in overtime.
                      Memories of that enthralling win vs. Miami in Worcester, propelling them to the Denver Frozen Four and the national title in 2008. Jerry called a timeout seven minutes in to settle everyone down.

Comment

For those keeping track at home of the rare postseason goal for BC under York, McLaughlin is the 14th goal scorer of an OT playoff goal and the first to do so since Logan Hutsko beat PC in 2019*. Others to score a golden goal vs. UNH were Blake Bellefeuille in 1998 for the HE title and Benn Ferriero in 2008 in the semifinals (Matt Greene was robbed of an earlier OT goal). The last to score one in the NCAA tournament for BC was also in 2008 when Joe Whitney got te diving rebound of a Dan Bertram slapshot in Worcester on the road to the 2008 national title.

Interestingly, there is another active NCAA player with an OT playoff goal for BC. Chris Grando, still playing at ASU, scored a shorthanded goal in OT against Merrimack in the QFs in 2018.

Good day for BC athletics given the hoops upset of Wake Forest as well.

*Also interesting, McLaughlin scored in that game as a freshman.
                        Postseason OT to me revives memories of Kolanos at 4:43 in Albany.

Comment

Well, OK... the streak vs UNH continues. UNH deserved better. BC got outplayed and outshot, especially as the game wore on. I get that they hit at least two posts and it could have been a blowout before they soiled themselves in the 3rd but they grabbed their ankles there for a good while which should be concerning.

Turning point in this game was a terrible play by Giles to wave his stick around like he's trying to cast a patronus charm 200 feet from his own net and drilling someone in the face with his stick. The fourth line actually played well in their limited time (Izyk penalty, meh).

Thought maybe York should have used his timeout in regulation before it was tied. He held onto it too late IMO. BUT... once again BC won an OT game very shortly after he called a timeout thanks to the extra timeout in overtime.

Let's see what they do vs. NU. Stop McDonough and you've got a chance but they will be able to make last change at Matthews to get him on the ice with favorable matchups.
                          You may very well beat us as I see it as a coin flip game but disagree about the McDonough comment. He was the entirety of NU's offense early in the season but Colangelo and Hughes have been our best forwards by a sizeable margin the past month. McD has maybe the best shot of any NU player I can remember, but the other two guys drive play much more.

P.S. Marshall Warren is fun as hell
                          2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                          2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

• congrats on the hea title and making it back into the tournament
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Real good summary by Carmen, the ice was was tilted to UNH for sure, BC could not generate much ozone time and lost a lot of face offs. Dop faced a lot rubber and they hit the pipe after they tied it up. The penalties' were deserved and there were way too many of them. Jerry was a little animated on the bench after Iczk's trip. They live to play another day but it was not pretty. The goals were good however, the double drop pass on McBain's goal was a beauty, have not seen that trick before and Nesterenko's shorty was individual effort. He saw the break and went for it. Looking at the replay of Nesterenko's goal, he carried it through the defense with only his right hand on the stick, holding off the defense with his left, takes strength and concentration. Impressive
                              Last edited by DNAEagle; 03-10-2022, 09:09 AM.

Comment

• Hopefully Saturday is not the last game of the year

For some reason despite their poor season BC played well against NU and UMass and BU for some of their wins.
                                Got my tickets for Saturday and hopefully they can extend the season at least one more game

Comment

Working...
                                X