No announcement yet.

Boston College hockey 2021-2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In other news from hockey world the Finns beat the ROC 2-1. If it can't be the US who better to beat the Russians than the Finns, well maybe the Swedes. Props to the Finns.

Comment

• Originally posted by DNAEagle View Post
      In other news from hockey world the Finns beat the ROC 2-1. If it can't be the US who better to beat the Russians than the Finns, well maybe the Swedes. Props to the Finns.
      So will this mean the Russians now start massing troops on the border with Finland?
      "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

• Saturday’s loss does not explain or excuse their inconsistency from game to game or even period to period

with or without the top 4 players mcbain, McLaughlin, Giles and hellison they continue to play with inconsistencies for whatever reasons

if you look at the sophomore class that left early from last year BC has had a number of subpar seasons in the last 5 -6 seasons under York

it’s tiime to bow out gracefully if he wants but it’s understandable if he wants to continue

I agree that BC has a way of screwing things up and all you need to do is look at the athletic department miscues administratively and the subsequent bad hirings in different sports

basketball has been a non factor for decades
        football mediocre since the 90s
        hockey was the bright light but not anymore
        ⚾️baseball is mediocre

I won’t comment on the Womens athletics but only mens varsity sports

if it were me I would take a chance on brooks orpik who is BC all the way like York was

he is young and has a couple of rings and a 2001 ncaa with York

you would think he is good candidate being young and enough accomplishments so that recruits look up to him and the ability to connect and communicate with young people

york was turned down by Flynn to be a BC coach due to inexperience

But York replaced ceglarski at an ecac school and did a good job before going to BG to win hardware

ceglarski came here and had good teams but never won many big games to earn any ncaa title or win many Beanpots

maybe one per decade

if I read right Brooks has been going back to class too and probably getting certified

he does not want to overstep his boundaries with York in charge I read somewhere

but if given a chance I say give Orpik the opportunity when the time comes

NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

• Originally posted by BCeagle View Post

if it were me I would take a chance on brooks orpik who is BC all the way like York was
          If Jerry exits I wouldn't mind Orpik.

Comment

• Originally posted by paulfb View Post

Did you park right at the arena? We didn't go tonight, but we usually park at that funky garage at the corner of Gainesborough, the one that was a mechanic shop years ago. You do have to get there early on weekends though because of events at the NE Conservatory and Symphony Hall.
            Parked in the garage next to the bubble put up. I had to fumble through my clothes for the ticket, and 2 parking slips before the attendant let me go for free
            NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Comment

• On the Heisenberg Site I counted 10 recruits plus a goalie named Grant Riley in this group, 2 are defensemen. Hope the 2022 class improves the team in the fall

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1466169803

Comment

• Just getting out played in all aspects of the game. BC not able to match BU speed in the first two periods. Lot of room for improvement for tomorrow. Mcbain has two goals tonight but didn't see too much from anyone else. Nesterenko gone for spearing.

Comment

• Fire everyone.
                  Originally posted by reBlur
                  the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• Thinking about heading to Conte. Any chance of a sellout? I'm guessing no, but don't want to assume...
                    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post
                      Thinking about heading to Conte. Any chance of a sellout? I'm guessing no, but don't want to assume...
                      Wait....tickets on the main bowl are $40-$50????
                      BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Probs not out on the sidewalk.

Comment

Only for BU fans

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post

Only for BU fans
                            Gotta hide the colors and logos while buying!

Comment

• Merrimack fan here. Nice win for the Eagles. Dop came up big. Appreciate that you could keep the Terriers from jumping up in the standings.
                              Last edited by RENCEB; 02-27-2022, 09:07 PM.
                              Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

• Nice bounce back win and Dop was stellar, they should feel a little better about themselves tonight. Naturally the dog fans blame the coach and the players for not showing up. Well maybe they didn't but BC came to play. We like our coach, well most of us do.

Comment

Working...
                                X