No announcement yet.

Boston College hockey 2021-2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ah mookie considering the year Brady just had, not your best comparison!

Don't think next year's class will have anyone like Boldy/Newhook. What makes it worse is they are actually losing a good group of seniors and most likely Helleson.

McBain
    McLaughlin
    Giles
    St. Ivany
    Helleson

How the hell do you have that group of players and have the season BC is having seen? Maybe York gets a slight pass for them being in the mix went McBain went down injured and now the Olympics but that doesn't excuse the current slide they are on.

Brendan Buckley
    Brooks Orpik
    Mike Ayers

Team defense and goaltending has been abysmal. So if York wants to stay on and be a figurehead I am not sure he has the right supporting cast around him. How long has Mike Ayers been on staff? He should be leading the way and I just don't see it. It's not the right mix.

Comment

• Last night was dreadful, odd man rush on a bad turn over 90 seconds in,then they completely lost their defensive structure through the first two periods. The last goal came on what was one of the worse turnovers I have ever seen. Kid had it on his stick, looked up and left the puck behind. He should have gotten an assist on the goal, it was a nice drop pass going the wrong way, only thing worse would have been to shoot it in the net himself. They played hard and tied it up twice but the combination of poor defensive structure and shaky goal tending was too much for a decent Uconn team. Very tough. Not advocating for a coach change but the time is certainly coming. Ayers would seem to be the heir apparent but there are a lot of guys, BC grads or not, who would love the job.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        Ah mookie considering the year Brady just had, not your best comparison!
        tommy played well, well enough to retire!!! :-)

mookie picked the alternatives to wisely. both would have put up better results if tommy played for tb next year.
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          How the hell do you have that group of players and have the season BC is having seen? Maybe York gets a slight pass for them being in the mix went McBain went down injured and now the Olympics but that doesn't excuse the current slide they are on..
          mookie is starting to think some uhn fans have hacked jd's account?!?! since when did 'beeing in the mix' call for a banner raising??? chris!!! is rolling over on the cape

Comment

• If Mike Ayers gets the job something went seriously wrong with the search.

Mookie all I meant was things looked ok for a stretch run after they won the holiday tournament and had a decent record. Downhill from there.

Comment

• I would hire Greg Carvel, easy choice. He plays the style as the glory years of BC hockey. I know JY likes Rand Pecknold, he would be another very good choice. I’m not a fan of Greg Brown, I think he really screwed up our defense by recruiting too many small defenseman, plus he has zero head coaching experience.

Go Eagles!

Comment

• I could see Pecknold but Carvel won it all at UMass. I think he's pretty comfortable with that.

Brown is actually HC in the USHL. Maybe even someone like Casey Jones at Clarkson. Has done a very good job there.

Comment

• Eric Lang would be another. Miraculous what he has done at AIC.

Comment

• no "has to be a bc guy" like some other nutty school down the street seems to insist upon??

Comment

• I'm sorry to have to ask this, but why would Carvel or Pecknold leave their current positions to come to BC at this point? I don't think either of them would.
                      The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                      BC - 12
                      BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

• I don't think Carvel would either. Unless you blew him away with money. I could see guys like Pecknold and Bazin at least listening since they haven't been able to win the ultimate prize. But it's quite possible they are both content where they are.

Eric Lang? To me that guy should be at the front of the list for any ECAC/Hockey East team.

Comment

• Mookie, chances are it will be a BC guy but it would be foolish to limit it to only BC guys. If someone like Mike Hastings is up for a new challenge it doesn't hurt to ask. Is Cav enough of a BC guy?

Comment

• Pecknold just coached his 1000th at Quinnipiac, a program he molded and brought to the top of DI. He's not going anywhere.
                            Quinnipiac Bobcats
                            2023 National Champions
                            ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                            ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                            East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                            Northeast Regional:
                            West Regional: 2015, 2021
                            Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                            Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

• Thank you Mrs. Pecknold

Comment

• And the top of D1 would be actually winning the title but I certainly understand if he's content where he is

Comment

Working...
                                X