No announcement yet.

Boston College hockey 2021-2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wonder if nine is the longest winless streak in program history. The losing streaks of the awful teams in the 1990s never went that deep, and in the 1970s, even when bad, they were able to pad their schedules with teams like Boston State.

Comment

• so….. who is going to tell jrrrrrry it’s time to go?
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Maybe Albie, though I certainly hope Albie keeps his job.
        Last edited by DNAEagle; 02-06-2022, 05:01 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by paulfb View Post
          Wonder if nine is the longest winless streak in program history. The losing streaks of the awful teams in the 1990s never went that deep, and in the 1970s, even when bad, they were able to pad their schedules with teams like Boston State.
          Many of Len's teams sucked much worse. I believe the issue isn't with coaching, it's with the face of college hockey today. The BCs and BUs of the world no longer have a real edge in recruiting because college hockey is in a vastly different place than it was just a decade ago. UMASS just won a national championship, NU has the last 3 Beanpots and has just as many sons of NHL stars as any team in the nation over the last decade, Quinnipiac has a better recruiting class than North Dakota and Arizona offence is more high powered than 75% of the nation, it's the landscape of college hockey that has changed it's got nothing to do with Coach York. Get used to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            so….. who is going to tell jrrrrrry it’s time to go?
            You see this happen in every sport. The game changes and coaches don't.

Comment

• It’s NHL expansion that has hurt the blue bloods. Our best players use to stay 3-4 years, now it’s 1-2 years, huge difference. Hopefully, NHL expansion is over with 32 teams. As their rosters fill up with younger players they won’t need to take as many college players after only 1-2 years.

I thought BC played well tonight, perhaps their best game since beating Dartmouth. Once they get the big 3 back, I really believe this team has a major run in it.

Go Eagles!

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                so….. who is going to tell jrrrrrry it’s time to go?
                I still maintain barring a Joe Paterno type ending, he should determine that. I am in the minority with that. But even with this current skid they are coming off two seasons where they had very good teams. I do think it's time for a change but you don't force him out after this season.

Comment

• They played well, stoned several times by a very good positional goalie. Other than the first ten minutes I thought they carried the play. Their were a number of guys who played major minutes, Kuntar, Giles Warren and StIvany were out there and really played hard. I thought they were going to tie it up on the PP but the goalie held them off. Dop played well, on the first goal he made the initial stop but couldn't find the puck and the defensemen didn't get to it. NU is a pretty good team but the way BU is playing now I think they are better. Tough streak but JY challenges them and they responded, I agree with Keeper, they are down but when the big three come back they will be a team with something to prove.

Comment

• Originally posted by DNAEagle View Post
                    They played well, stoned several times by a very good positional goalie. Other than the first ten minutes I thought they carried the play. Their were a number of guys who played major minutes, Kuntar, Giles Warren and StIvany were out there and really played hard. I thought they were going to tie it up on the PP but the goalie held them off. Dop played well, on the first goal he made the initial stop but couldn't find the puck and the defensemen didn't get to it. NU is a pretty good team but the way BU is playing now I think they are better. Tough streak but JY challenges them and they responded, I agree with Keeper, they are down but when the big three come back they will be a team with something to prove.
                    The last sentence is the key part. Obviously the only thing to play for is Hockey East tournament now. I would say the positive there is there is no great Hockey East team from what I have seen. UMass is highest in PWR but they are probably up there simply because they played Michigan and Minnesota State twice each and lost all four games. The slide started when McBain went down injured and then obviously McLaughlin and Helleson are huge losses. Good chance for other guys to get minutes now. Have to hope that this skid doesn't completely send them into the tank. Based off last night's performance they are still competing. The gold medal game is Feb. 19. Not sure what the quarantine policy is upon returning to BC and if they just have to post x number of negative tests but is it possible they are back for the BU series? They'll just be competing for seeding in those last two weekends of the season anyway. Getting your top two centers and best dman back will at least give them hope for the HE tournament.

Comment

• McBain was extra forward for Canada today and Helleson extra dman for USA. McLaughlin 4th line RW. Thanks for taking these guys!

Comment

• Who is a better candidate for current head coaches...Greg Brown, Cav, or JD Forrest?

Comment

• JD seems like an intriguing dark horse. Cav is a logical short-lister. Greg Brown worries me because he was a small D-man who recruited like-minded sorts back in the day. The problem with succession is that we can't trust the administration/athletic dept not to screw it up.

Comment

• OMG..you guys are looking for a coaching change and attribute your lack luster season to a downward trend in someway to coach York, arguably the greatest college hockey coach on the history of the NCAA. Funny they did the same thing on the BU thread about Albie the 1st three months of the season, now look. Would have loved to hip check you all back in the 80's..you are missing your 3 best players. It's one season get over it. Coach York is coaching till he's 80. Lol. Loss tonight was hard taught and they played pretty well.
                            ​​​​​​
                            Last edited by RossiRules; 02-11-2022, 09:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                              McBain was extra forward for Canada today and Helleson extra dman for USA. McLaughlin 4th line RW. Thanks for taking these guys!
                              And Canada reportedly doesn't even dress Devon Levi. Yeah, thanks.
                              "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

• jeez Rossi. Brady is the goat but who takes him next season over borrows or mahomies?

times they are a-changin’

anyhows—-
                                …..you igles have a good class coming in next year? (Obviously not as good as the red headed step children, but 2nd place still earns a silver medal :/) )
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X