No announcement yet.

Boston College hockey 2021-2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This team seems unable to focus the whole game without let downs or taking shifts or periods off.

Often my friend and I talk about the turnovers and gafes made by this team, the blind passes, turnovers, bad passes, over passing sometimes, lack of urgency on the PP, etc. They are what they are, a .500 team and going no where. JY was fumbling for words on the post game conference on the mistakes that keep happening again and again. Glaringly painful to watch and we're all going what's going to happen next when they have a lead and you know something bad is going to happen

But despite that I'm planning to drive up to. the Whit Friday
    NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

• Congrat to Helleson and McLaughlin for earning a spot on the US Team. Does anyone know when they leave and when they will be back. Is McBain healthy for tonight, is he expected to make the Canadian team. Tough to lose these guys but all the Boston teams are going to be down key players.

Comment

• Originally posted by DNAEagle View Post
        Congrat to Helleson and McLaughlin for earning a spot on the US Team. Does anyone know when they leave and when they will be back. Is McBain healthy for tonight, is he expected to make the Canadian team. Tough to lose these guys but all the Boston teams are going to be down key players.
        I'm glad for them, but this is definitely going to hurt.
        The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
        BC - 12
        BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

• They haven't left yet and it already hurts, playing without McBain and last night Nesterenko and StIvany also didn't help. The better team won, Mclaughlin is the only guy who can consistently score goals.

Comment

• Originally posted by DNAEagle View Post
            They haven't left yet and it already hurts, playing without McBain and last night Nesterenko and StIvany also didn't help. The better team won, Mclaughlin is the only guy who can consistently score goals.
            I ate my tickets to watch the Pats game. Looks like I was destined to be a loser either way...
            The ORIGINAL Cross Check

BC - 12
            BU - 2

Comment

• 6-1 after 2 ND, 2 5 minute majors on BC. Not sure when they will hit bottom but I think there is a way to go. Long season.

Comment

• It's time.
                Originally posted by reBlur
                the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• Well, after tonight's disaster, this season seems to have turned into a dumpster fire.
                  The ORIGINAL Cross Check

BC - 12
                  BU - 2

Comment

• Originally posted by Cross Check View Post
                    Well, after tonight's disaster, this season seems to have turned into a dumpster fire.
                    It was an average to slightly above average team till McBain went down. Then the news about the Olympics and it's as if they completely threw in the towel. Losing 8-2 and 7-0 in back to back games is an effort issue. Simple as that. Very disappointing.

If there was any doubt who the team MVP is...

Don't know if McBain officially made team Canada but I wouldn't blame him if he pulled a LaFontaine at this point.

Comment

• outscored 15-2 in the last two games. There is no way to sugar coat it. They were beaten in every facet of the game. I don't think I have seen a BC game that was leading to a BC loss so early. Now a third game in 4 days, two days of travel. They may not even make the HE tourney. The upcoming schedule is tough, 2UMass 2BU 3NU and UML and Maine away. Yikes

Comment

• For the first time I can remember, I left a BC game after the second period. If they aren't going to put a competitive product on the ice, then I'm not going to waste an additional 20 minutes of my time watching it.
                        The ORIGINAL Cross Check

BC - 12
                        BU - 2

Comment

• The season is going from bad to worse. A total of 4 goals in the last three games and three of them scored by a guy who is leaving for China for three weeks. They are not going to win any games 1-0. Just do not have anyone who can put the puck in the net. Giles and Ambrosio are capable but they need more than that. It is going to be a long stretch to get to the end of this season. The freshmen are going to be getting major ice time, it can only make them better.

Comment

• All 11 teams make the HEA Tournament.

I still think this team has a run in them if they get a full roster back. McBain was obviously a huge loss. With him they have two scoring lines. He also brings grit, toughness and leadership to this team.

They need to go back to an aggressive forecheck that they were running at the start of the year. Last night that played the first period with a one man forecheck. They went with a two man forecheck stating in the 2nd period. They need to create turnovers as they were at the start of the year.

Go Eagles!

Comment

• Should have called the game after the first period, it was a nice start but then the roof fell in. Ouch.

Comment

• Originally posted by eaglekeeper View Post
                                All 11 teams make the HEA Tournament.

I still think this team has a run in them if they get a full roster back. McBain was obviously a huge loss. With him they have two scoring lines. He also brings grit, toughness and leadership to this team.

They need to go back to an aggressive forecheck that they were running at the start of the year. Last night that played the first period with a one man forecheck. They went with a two man forecheck stating in the 2nd period. They need to create turnovers as they were at the start of the year.

Go Eagles!
                                No run in them this season, with a month to go...and BU now playing well, I think you would need to win both those remaining games with BU and not thinking they are playing well enough to get that done.

Comment

Working...
                                X