• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For anyone interested

Ledyard Classic is at Thompson Arena starting on a Thursday, Dec. 30th

BC plays Mercyhurst 4 PM

https://dartmouthsports.com/sports/m...hedule/2021-22
    NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

• Yes those are the ones, no need to grad transfers from somewhere else, add St Ivany to the list.

Comment

• Originally posted by DNAEagle View Post
        Yes those are the ones, no need to grad transfers from somewhere else, add St Ivany to the list.
        I notice not much production from Kruse so far who is a one of the transfers

It would be great if the 3 of them could return but I'd take even one or. two even out of the three seniors

Any outstanding freshmen coming in the fall ? One great need is a goalie since Dop will be gone and WILDER is not really a number one starting goalie.
        NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Comment

• Good that most teams are off for two weeks and students are home for the break. I remain optimistic about the schedule but I think we could see a lot of games cancelled in January or no spectators allowed.

Comment

• Originally posted by DNAEagle View Post
            Good that most teams are off for two weeks and students are home for the break. I remain optimistic about the schedule but I think we could see a lot of games cancelled in January or no spectators allowed.
            Northeastern just banned fans

https://www.boston.com/news/coronavi...n-sports-fans/

I hope this is not a preview of future events.
            The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
            BC - 12
            BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by Cross Check View Post
              I hope this is not a preview of future events.
              Not to be Debbie Downer but NU just cancelled Sunday's hoops game vs Vermont due to "...positive COVID-19 test results (note plural) within the Northeastern program."

Hoping that the epidemiologist talking heads on TV are right about the current surge being like a flare that burns brightly for a short time, then flames out. If this sticks around, the Beanpot (at least in the form we have known it) is in jeopardy. Further on out, maybe even the HEA championships and--in the extreme--the FFour.

In the meantime, thanking the Husky guardian angels that the World University Games, where NU was to represent the USA, got cancelled. The unanticipated 5-week break is a Godsend.

"Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

• We have 6 forwards coming in next year. I doubt McLaughlin, McBain & Giles - the Irish Mafia line will be back next year.

Go Eagles!

Comment

• I think this season is going on pause, just a matter of time. Things are going to hell in a handbasket very rapidly.

Comment

• Merry Christmas folks!
                    Originally posted by reBlur
                    the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• As we close out the year I want to remember a friend of mine who loved college hockey. George Porter was a Harvard season ticket holder, but also attended other college games and he was of course a Beanpot regular for many years. His last game was December 4th Dartmouth at Brown. George (85 years young) and his buddy (also 85 years young) drove to the game. George sitting in his seat during the game closed his eyes and passed away. George died doing what he loved to do. I will certainly miss George, but he died his way, no long term illness, no nursing home, not shut in at home, but at a hockey game. When my time comes, sign me up for the same exit!

Go Eagles!

Comment

• Sounds like he ended his shift and left it all at the game, he had a good run and went out doing the thing he loved.
                        Last edited by DNAEagle; 12-26-2021, 09:31 AM.

Comment

• 4-2 win with Wilder in goal, not sure where Dop is but he wasn't on the lines sheet. Win and move on, get another one tomorrow. Lots of uncertainty with the January schedule, could be a lot of cancellations.

Comment

• Is McBain having a crazy good season or what? 11-11-22 in 17 games. Crazy thing about this is that he had games early in the season where he couldn't buy a goal and was getting 3,4,5,6 Grade A chances a game. His numbers would be absurd if he had any luck early on.

Also gotta give some credit to Hreschuk, the guy gets his first career goal and he just skates through the slot without as much as even putting his hands up. We all love the fun cellies but I have a ton of respect for players that put one in and shrug it off like it's nothing.
                            Originally posted by reBlur
                            the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• Good thing we have this senior bunch of McBain, McLaughlin and Giles or we'd be in real trouble. Looking for some other guys pick it up. I'm not expecting to win a title but hopefully make things interesting for everyone.

OK are they back to win one lose one ?

We'll find out Friday.

Keep in mind we are not playing highly ranked teams and expect them to win the games they're suppose to win. So far the losses to Bentley, MC and Maine were games they were suppose to win

I want to see better decisions with the puck whether to pass or shoot and less turnovers especially those blind / drop passes in the neutral zone and defensive zones. Want to see more SOG in the offensive zone and less questionable passing

Comment

• Originally posted by eaglekeeper View Post
                                As we close out the year I want to remember a friend of mine who loved college hockey. George Porter was a Harvard season ticket holder, but also attended other college games and he was of course a Beanpot regular for many years. His last game was December 4th Dartmouth at Brown. George (85 years young) and his buddy (also 85 years young) drove to the game. George sitting in his seat during the game closed his eyes and passed away. George died doing what he loved to do. I will certainly miss George, but he died his way, no long term illness, no nursing home, not shut in at home, but at a hockey game. When my time comes, sign me up for the same exit!

Go Eagles!
                                Hopefully we won't die driving our car. George is probably chatting with our Steve (BC fan who passed away) now up there.

Comment

Working...
                                X