• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    That was a good tie for BC and nice to pick up the extra point

Can't remember ever seeing that many BC fans at Agganis
    A "character tie."

Comment

• When does a tie feel like a win, when your goalie is the number one star and you come from 2 down in the third. If you look at the end of the game it felt like BC won, they mobbed Dop. Agree the 4th line was the best line in the first two periods, more ice time for them please. In the first period they were they only line that had sustained OZone time. BU disrupted them with the forecheck and BC was getting frustrated. I thought the ref came within a whisker of blowing the whistle on the first goal. The second goal was a sleeping defensive pairing, they got a good look at Kaufman's back as he scored. The third goal was just a really nice feed to Kaufman. Great crowd, surprising number of BC fans in the house, great atmosphere, like the days of old. Not great hockey but some terrific goals. BU has a lot of underclassmen, they will be a very good team next year.

Comment

• Glad they came back in the third the way they did. Overall it was a mostly satisfying result. That said, once you take the the lead in the 3rd, you need to bring it home.
        The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
        BC - 12
        BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

• Cheers to all and Happy Holidays ) Anyone going to the MILITARY Bowl ?
          NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

• Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post

missing the good old days when flaming ruled
            What's up Joe?! Been awhile. Hope all is well.
            A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• That is two very good third periods in a row. The best passing that led to goals of the entire season. I like the all freshman 4th line. BU’s first goal was a result of Dop dropping the puck something he has struggled this year with, but he played his best hockey after that goal. I was not at the game, but I was told there should have been a BU penalty which would have taken away that breakaway goal. #2 for BC gave up the 3rd BU goal by letting Kaufman get a clean shot.

Let’s see if they can put together a full game by March. If so, they can make a run.

Go Eagles!

Comment

• For once, BC will not be impacted by the WJC. The next 5 games are crucial before a trip to ND. Need to stack some Ws together against the upcoming opponents.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post

::waves:: Hi sterlippo! Been a while since I’ve seen a post from you. Hope you’re doing well.

[obligatory flame post]BC sucks[/obligatory flame post]

Well, they don’t. Not really. At all. Sigh. This could be uncomfortable for me. Anyway. Please wear a mask while at the game.
                  Hey Scarlet! Thanks for the shout out, Doing well, hope the same for you and Merry Christmas :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                    What's up Joe?! Been awhile. Hope all is well.
                    hey Mike, doing ok down here is Savannah. Merry Christmas brother, hope all is well.

Comment

• I watched the highlights a number of times just to see Kuntar's assist on the first one. That was a seriously creative play, to find McLaughlin and then backhand it through the legs right onto his stick. Highlight reel stuff. I love his physical presence as well, he got into with Carrabas, he is tough and plays full throttle. He had a great game, should give him a lot of confidence for the second half of the season.
                      Last edited by DNAEagle; 12-13-2021, 07:46 AM.

Comment

• The 3rd goal was a thing of beauty as well. I have to say that while the overall results have been a bit disappointing it's nice seeing how McLaughlin, Giles and McBain have developed as 4 year players. Hope they can lead a 2nd half push. But still, if you can develop 4 year players like them you should be in good shape as a program.

Comment

• With a COVID eligibility year it would be great if they were to stay for one more year. I hope there is serious consideration of this.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                            For once, BC will not be impacted by the WJC.
                            That's really not a good thing though.
                            The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                            BC - 12
                            BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by Cross Check View Post

That's really not a good thing though.
                              I don't view it that way. I don't need WJ players every single season. All depends on the mix of players you have.

Comment

• Originally posted by DNAEagle View Post
                                With a COVID eligibility year it would be great if they were to stay for one more year. I hope there is serious consideration of this.
                                Are you talking about the seniors like Giles, McLaughlin and McBain ?
                                NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Working...
                                X