No announcement yet.

Boston College hockey 2021-2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When a tie feels like a loss, several posties, Maine carried the play in the second. Several guys sitting, with injuries I assume. Disappointing to not come out with two wins.

Comment

• Same old story. One great performance on the weekend accompanied by a game where they can't find a way to scratch out a win and complete the sweep.

Comment

• Well a disappointing weekend but win one lose one is the name of this team so far

Football team laid an egg too today

I was speechless driving home with my buddies from the game

Can't explain the play calling by the OC and the breakdowns in all phases of the game in the first half

FSU just out coached BC staff

Despite that BC had a chance to win at the end and play calls again mystified everyone

Run after run up the middle and unbelievable bad play calling by the OC

giving up 3 points when they had a sure FG in the 1st half

and a safety in the end hurt them

Hope everyone has a nice Thanksgiving )
        NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

• With today's news about the Notre Dame and Harvard games being postponed due to COVID protocols, it makes sense now why Helleson and Warren were not in the lineup on Friday.
          The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
          BC - 12
          BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

• Those were separate issues. Maine player was suspended for a hit on Helleson that resulted in upper body injury (concussion). I don't have the link but York danced around why Warren and Andres were out and deemed it a "medical" issue/illness. With schools like BC requiring the vaccine I do have to wonder when we will get to a point where we can stop testing athletes. I know that will offend and outrage people but at some point you need to take that next step. Stop testing and if you show symptoms stay away from the team like you would with any other illness. My employer required the vaccine. But they don't go and routinely test everyone after that.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
              Those were separate issues. Maine player was suspended for a hit on Helleson that resulted in upper body injury (concussion). I don't have the link but York danced around why Warren and Andres were out and deemed it a "medical" issue/illness. With schools like BC requiring the vaccine I do have to wonder when we will get to a point where we can stop testing athletes. I know that will offend and outrage people but at some point you need to take that next step. Stop testing and if you show symptoms stay away from the team like you would with any other illness. My employer required the vaccine. But they don't go and routinely test everyone after that.
              Jerry’s like 100 years old

Comment

• The week of the BU//BC series and the BC thread is on the 4th page? Is this really how far Comm Ave has fallen?

Comment

• Good players onn both teams but neither one has lite a fire. Game will turn on goal tending, but the outcome will not prove anything, there are a lot of HE teams that are better at this point. Still early but winning HE may be the only way they get to the post season.

Comment

• I will be at HAA Friday and let's hope their luck continues @ HAA / BC has fallen from its lofty perch and not even ranked in the top 25 according to USCHO

Other than the seniors of Giles, McLaughlin and McBain BC is not getting much offense

I was hoping Kuntar, Nesterenko and Abrosio would pick it up from last year

Overall, they're just not looking good and inconsistent

Passing is sloppy and turnovers in the offensive / neutral zones

Brown actually could have gone up 2-1 or 3-1 but Dop made some good stops before BC generated some offense

5-2 looks like a blowout but BC was not playing great in the first two periods

They look like they're going through the motions from game to game
                    Last edited by BCeagle; 12-09-2021, 12:35 AM.
                    NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                      The week of the BU//BC series and the BC thread is on the 4th page? Is this really how far Comm Ave has fallen?
                      missing the good old days when flaming ruled

Comment

• Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post

missing the good old days when flaming ruled
                        ::waves:: Hi sterlippo! Been a while since I’ve seen a post from you. Hope you’re doing well.

[obligatory flame post]BC sucks[/obligatory flame post]

Well, they don’t. Not really. At all. Sigh. This could be uncomfortable for me. Anyway. Please wear a mask while at the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post

::waves:: Hi sterlippo! Been a while since I’ve seen a post from you. Hope you’re doing well.

[obligatory flame post]BC sucks[/obligatory flame post]

Well, they don’t. Not really. At all. Sigh. This could be uncomfortable for me. Anyway. Please wear a mask while at the game.
                          Is BU now requiring proof of a booster -- in addition to the two covid shots -- at HAA as well?

Comment

• No

Comment

• That was a good tie for BC and nice to pick up the extra point

Can't remember ever seeing that many BC fans at Agganis

Comment

• Honestly shocked that BC got going in the 3rd to pull out a tie officially.

For the first 40 minutes, the 4th line was the only set of guys that looked like they got off the team bus. That being said, everyone got going in the 3rd period. Get the 4th line more ice time!

-Dop was huge tonight. He was feeling it by the shootout and came over to the glass to say goodbye to the BU fanboys to end the game.
                                -Kuntar really had a game, insane assist, tremendous hustle all night... capped it off with the goal in the shootout. But honestly take away the assist and shootout goal and he still was oustanding.
                                -Giles is finally healthy and having a heck of a season. That goal was something else, mostly from the passing to get the puck to him but wow.
                                -Not a single PP all night. LOL.
                                -Fully understanding that you can develop in D1 via practice, we need to get Cade Alami dressed and some ice time.

Happy Holidays to all.
                                Originally posted by reBlur
                                the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Working...
                                X