No announcement yet.

Boston College hockey 2021-2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Absolutely hysterical. Seek help! I will give you credit for admitting BU isn't good though. Has to be heartbreaking considering this was supposed to be the year Albie had it together.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      Absolutely hysterical. Seek help! I will give you credit for admitting BU isn't good though. Has to be heartbreaking considering this was supposed to be the year Albie had it together.
      i was never in the Albie would pull it together corner. Pandolfo should be head coach immediately. BU isn’t good now but they will be better they are missing their 5 top players in tuch, cockerill, brown, amonte, obrien. BC doesn’t have that excuse. That being said college hockey is insanely level this year as is hockey East. Either everyone is good or equally as bad. My betting money is on the teams with 26 year olds filling their rosters.

Comment

• A quick look at some interesting stats. BC outshot UVM 31-13 last night and barely won with a late goal in regulation. Dop stands out right now as our #1 goaltender, or at least he did for a while. He's currently rocking a .877% save percentage. Wilder isn't that much worse at .865%. Abysmal.

You can argue about stats and shot quality, and that's fine, but this team has real problems if they are outshooting their opponents the way they are and getting the results they are getting.

31-13 (W)
        43-21 (L)
        28-27 (W)
        43-19 (L)
        40-32 (L)
        37-25 (W)
        41-19 (W)
        19-33 (T)

That's 7 straight games outshooting their opponents and only a 4-3 record. Not helping the cause is a team that is killing penalties at a rate of 77% (41st nationally). Back in the old days BC would be 90% annually. And that's rough for a team that is 19th nationally in PIMs per game.
        Originally posted by reBlur
        the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• Dop is not Knight but he seems to be solid. The 2 goals last night were put in by the defenseman, the first goal on Friday he should have had but the guy got off a rocket. He may not steal too many games for them this year but I think as the defense gets coached up his numbers will improve. The GWG last night was really nice, great feed from Powell and Kuntar got off a real good shot. Not much of a chance for the VT goalie to stop that one.
          Last edited by DNAEagle; 10-31-2021, 02:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DNAEagle View Post
            Dop is not Knight but he seems to be solid. The 2 goals last night were put in by the defenseman, the first goal on Friday he should have had but the guy got off a rocket. He may not steal too many games for them this year but I think as the defense gets coached up his numbers will improve. The GWG last night was really nice, great feed from Powell and Kuntar got off a real good shot. Not much of a chance for the VT goalie to stop that one.
            I think it starts in front of him too. Carmine's stats support what i said about analytics loving this team. But you still have to do the little things and make winning plays.

They win the CC and UVM games 9 times out of 10. But when you lose two players to majors in the first period against CC and proceed to give up:

PP goal
            Breakaway goal
            2 on 1 goal
            Penalty shot goal

And then against UVM you give up 3 PP goals. It negates all the good you do over the course of the game.

If they continue winning the SOG battle but can't be more disciplined and better on PK it won't matter. They will toil along as a .500 team. But if they clean up those areas there's no doubt they have enough to be a good team. We'll see which way it goes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
              A quick look at some interesting stats. BC outshot UVM 31-13 last night and barely won with a late goal in regulation. Dop stands out right now as our #1 goaltender, or at least he did for a while. He's currently rocking a .877% save percentage. Wilder isn't that much worse at .865%. Abysmal.

You can argue about stats and shot quality, and that's fine, but this team has real problems if they are outshooting their opponents the way they are and getting the results they are getting.

31-13 (W)
              43-21 (L)
              28-27 (W)
              43-19 (L)
              40-32 (L)
              37-25 (W)
              41-19 (W)
              19-33 (T)

That's 7 straight games outshooting their opponents and only a 4-3 record. Not helping the cause is a team that is killing penalties at a rate of 77% (41st nationally). Back in the old days BC would be 90% annually. And that's rough for a team that is 19th nationally in PIMs per game.
              Quality of shots is important and the passing has a lot to do with it. From what I see, they're not taking shots enough in the slot area. Often they make the extra pass when it's not necessary and how often do you see them passing and shooting from a bad angle after all that passing ?

I don't see enough slap shots from the blue line into screens in front. Don't give the goalie time to see the puck and be ready for shots if you give him enough time.

As far as defense, give aways in their zone and neutral zone are killing them. If you make a bad pass or turn it over they're giving their opponents good scoring chances.

So if BC is outshooting the opponent, it means nothing if they give up better shot quality to the other team and capitalize on BC mistakes and lead to odd man rushes going the other way against BC.

You can be outshot but if you get great scoring chances and put it in the net there you go.

They have enough talent to make the tournament but they have to play well and not play sloppy hockey. Thus a 4-3 record and losses to the likes of Bentley and UVM and CC.

And of course, penalties don't help either especially stupid ones.
              Last edited by BCeagle; 11-02-2021, 01:32 AM.
              NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

• Looking for consistent effort this weekend against MC. Needless to say, they cannot take any team lightly but hoping for two W's this weekend.
                NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Comment

• This was a solid performance tonight. The 2nd period was insanely lopsided. There were some very good looks where they ripped shots over the crossbar tonight, otherwise could have been ugly.

How about that surprise return from Jurkovec?
                  Originally posted by reBlur
                  the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post

How about that surprise return from Jurkovec?
                    out of nowhere. Nice win before 35,000 which is pretty damn good given the great accessibility of Alumni on a Friday night ! Red Bandana Night. R.I.P. Welles Remy Crowther, The Greatest Eagle of them all.

Comment

• Good game with a bad outcome. Mac played well, they are very good at passing the puck from behind the net and finding the man in the slot.Point blank shots and someone missed a wide open net on the PP in the second. I think all 4 were scored that way, defense needs to be better marking the man in front. BC dominated the third period but they couldn't finish. First period they were too passive and didn't have a shot on goal until 10 minutes in. It doesn't get easier, Uconn and UML on the road next week. Tough stretch in the schedule.
                      Last edited by DNAEagle; 11-07-2021, 10:45 AM.

Comment

• Every step forward is followed by a step back. Frustrating.
                        The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                        BC - 12
                        BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

• More like one step up two steps back and this is just the beginning of the HE schedule, they have a lot of good teams to play.

Comment

• I will drive down to UConn Friday and see if they can get a tough road win. Consistently inconsistent team this season.

Good win on the gridiron in the freezing night. There's hope again with starting QB back ) They should be able to beat FSU to be bowl eligible but 7-5 is better if they can upset Wake

Comment

• Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
                              I will drive down to UConn Friday and see if they can get a tough road win. Consistently inconsistent team this season.

Good win on the gridiron in the freezing night. There's hope again with starting QB back ) They should be able to beat FSU to be bowl eligible but 7-5 is better if they can upset Wake
                              They won't score enough to upset Wake
                              The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                              BC - 12
                              BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

• Big win against a good UConn team. Becomes a great weekend with a win tomorrow. Gotta sweep one of these weekends.

Comment

Working...
                                X