Boston College hockey 2021-2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
    Exactly. They have no business playing Bentley. If they beat them it's, "Big deal you beat Bentley". If they lose to them it's, "Bwah-ha-ha you lost to Bentley". I took the grandkids in 2018 to that game at Conte where they we're humiliated by them so I'm guessing it was some sort of home and home deal with them.
    Like BC is too superior to play a team like Bentley? Laughable.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      Jim Connelly explained that the Ambrosio goal was the kind of "skill" goal they want to reward as long as there's not that distinct kicking motion towards the goal. In fact it looked like Ambrosio actually pulled his skate back a bit in touching the puck.
      What a homer you are, Mr. Connelly! If Ambrosio wanted to show his skill (and he has plenty) he would have found a way to get his stick on the puck instead of "skillfully" making an effort to direct (not kicking) the puck into the net.

I must have missed the part where Connelly (didn't) make a point of the fact that NU was missing 3 of their regular 6 Defensemen and played the game with just 5. BC made a trade worthy of the Red Sox when they swapped a 4th line LW for NU's Captain Jordan Harris. Slew footing is considered to be one of the more heinous and usually deliberate hockey crimes, along with spearing. Both are likely to result in a serious injury to the recipient. The BC player got off easy with a 2 game suspension. Perhaps if players who, upon review, appear to have deliberately injured another were suspended for as long as their victims were sidelined, "sportmanship" might reappear in the lineup in their place. That will happen when pigs fly! Maybe.
      Last edited by Ryecheers; 10-18-2021, 03:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post

weaker….
        Yeah, like Sacred Heart...
        The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
        BC - 12
        BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Ryecheers View Post

What a homer you are, Mr. Connelly! If Ambrosio wanted to show his skill (and he has plenty) he would have found a way to get his stick on the puck instead of "skillfully" making an effort to direct (not kicking) the puck into the net.

I must have missed the part where Connelly (didn't) make a point of the fact that NU was missing 3 of their regular 6 Defensemen and played the game with just 5. BC made a trade worthy of the Red Sox when they swapped a 4th line LW for NU's Captain Jordan Harris. Slew footing is considered to be one of the more heinous and usually deliberate hockey crimes, along with spearing. Both are likely to result in a serious injury to the recipient. The BC player got off easy with a 2 game suspension. Perhaps if players who, upon review, appear to have deliberately injured another were suspended for as long as their victims were sidelined, "sportmanship" might reappear in the lineup in their place. That will happen when pigs fly! Maybe.
          I don't know how explaining why the goal was allowed makes Jim Connelly a BC homer but I think you should tweet at him. If you're looking for a Bill Belichick without Tom Brady moral victory for NU dealing with some injuries congrats on your moral victory.

And spearing almost never results in serious injury. Has Hockey East ever even suspended someone for 3 games? Calm down.

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
            Exactly. They have no business playing Bentley. If they beat them it's, "Big deal you beat Bentley". If they lose to them it's, "Bwah-ha-ha you lost to Bentley". I took the grandkids in 2018 to that game at Conte where they we're humiliated by them so I'm guessing it was some sort of home and home deal with them.
            I certainly wouldn't care if they didn't play Bentley. I agree there isn't much to gain from playing them unless they are on Hockey East's radar? Is their arena big enough? Considering all the crying Lemonade did last year when BC didn't have to play Notre Dame he must be OUTRAGED that Bentley didn't have to play Friday night.

Comment

And spearing almost never results in serious injury. Has Hockey East ever even suspended someone for 3 games? Calm down.
              You’re 100% right on Hockey East not suspending someone more than two games and it’s part of the reason we see guys trying to hurt other players. I think he should have gotten around 10 games. It wasn’t even really a hockey play. At every level of hockey that stuff shouldn’t be tolerated.
              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Before you get to 10 games, history usually comes into play and I don't believe Carreau has one. Bad play for sure but 10 games is beyond extreme.

Comment

Before you get to 10 games, history usually comes into play and I don't believe Carreau has one. Bad play for sure but 10 games is beyond extreme.
                  It would be harsh in the short term but if you started having tougher punishments it would clean up a lot of the dirty play.
                  Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                  Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Cross Check View Post

Yeah, like Sacred Heart...
                    Except we're not a top 10 ranked team. So yeah, weaker.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post

You were supposed to be, no? At least that's what Lemonade was spewing coming into this year. I think BU was also picked ahead of BC in Hockey East this year. With Minnesota State being Hockey East's daddy early on this year and teams like St. Cloud and Michigan right up there...gonna be interesting to see who emerges as Hockey East's best chance. Right now I would lean towards no chance at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                        If your team took care of business themselves this weekend, then by all means come into the thread and crow. Except BU took the same face plant that BC did, so it's the pot calling the kettle black.
                        The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                        BC - 12
                        BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

You're overlooking Bentley. Somewhat surprising to me that Bentley didn't get more love than four votes in the latest poll given its wins over both BC and Ohio State.
                          "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

While NU was able shut out Bentley 4-0, it wasn't easy. Our D was only missing one player and our goalie was super-psyched after missing last season with cracked ribs he got in the World Junior tournament. Bentley plays crunchingly hard, has some skilled players and a very capable goalie. Additionally the team was rested and BC had to chase NU around untill they cracked it open in the third period. They are no one's patsies, but you would no doubt destroy them if you played after New Year's .

IIRC we lost two games to them in 2015-16, but recovered in time to do well in the HEA finals.

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                              You're overlooking Bentley. Somewhat surprising to me that Bentley didn't get more love than four votes in the latest poll given its wins over both BC and Ohio State.
                              You forgot the 7-1 loss to Ohio State in between!

Comment

You forgot the 7-1 loss to Ohio State in between!
                                I'd guess Bentley forgot it too. But they'll remember that they've poked two bears and are still standing.
                                "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Working...
                                X