No announcement yet.

Boston College hockey 2021-2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jim Connelly explained that the Ambrosio goal was the kind of "skill" goal they want to reward as long as there's not that distinct kicking motion towards the goal. In fact it looked like Ambrosio actually pulled his skate back a bit in touching the puck.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      I then tuned into the last couple minutes of BU-Sacred Heart...

It's been a good night
      I understand the sentiment, but unfortunately that weak non-league loss ends up hurting every team in Hockey East including BC.
      The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
      BC - 12
      BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

The big crowd and the atmosphere was great to see last night. The place was rocking and the students were particularly raucous. Now if they can cut down on the swearing a bit...
        The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
        BC - 12
        BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Cross Check View Post
          The big crowd and the atmosphere was great to see last night. The place was rocking and the students were particularly raucous. Now if they can cut down on the swearing a bit...
          Football and now hockey student sections have been really really good through mid-October.

The important thing about a game like last night - for sophomore and freshmen students this was their first taste of a home hockey game at Conte. You have an environment like that, a fun game like that with some offense, and a win. They will keep coming back if you win a game like that so it was important to get that W. I don't know if there is just pent up demand from the pandemic or if marketing is doing a better job (likely the former) but it's been impressive so far.

Big sports weekend in New England... Red Sox ALCS, BC at home vs NCSU, 2 BC hockey games, Bruins opener at the Garden, and the Cowboys in Foxboro.
          Originally posted by reBlur
          the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

7,000+ definitely encouraging but will be tough to get that every game. Just keep winning.

As for non league play, Minnesota State has wiped the floor with Hockey East to start the year. UConn, Merrimack and UNH lost last night to mediocre competition.

Will be interesting to see how Michigan matches up with Minnesota State. Two entirely different roster building philosophies. I would think those two and St. Cloud State will have a very good chance at ending up in Boston.

Comment

CC will have to be really careful when he returns, everyone will be watching him for any real or imagined infraction.

Comment

Another banner night for the BC Athletic Department!
                Originally posted by reBlur
                the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                  Another banner night for the BC Athletic Department!
                  Bentley didn't have to play last night!

Kidding aside, looks like they outshot Bentley 40-32. Without seeing the game i am thinking this will lead to Dop getting both games next weekend.

Football was going ok until the punter lost his mind. Not a good night for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post

Oh ya I think Dop is the #1 as well. I just think since they're playing a "weaker" opponent tomorrow Wilder gets in there like he did against HC. We'll see. No game for Bentley tonight. You don't typically see that.
                    weaker….
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post

weaker….
                      The quotes Mookie, the quotes. Surely Bentley isn't as good as QU and NU, right? QU looks strong but I will say it's entirely possible Hockey East just sucks.

Comment

Sure sucked last night.
                        and don’t hold mookie responsible for the lack of smiley faces
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

6-2 is a pretty through beat down and and after Friday night a let down could expected but lots of things to work on, learning to play together is one of them. Bentley circled this game the day after it was scheduled. Good for them, feeling good about themselves early in the season.

Comment

Drug overdose killed Jimmy Hayes. A real tragedy, repeated over and over, young people losing their lives to fentanyl and cocaine. Mass and Cass is overwhelmed with the effects of this epidemic. Just a very sad story.

Comment

Exactly. They have no business playing Bentley. If they beat them it's, "Big deal you beat Bentley". If they lose to them it's, "Bwah-ha-ha you lost to Bentley". I took the grandkids in 2018 to that game at Conte where they we're humiliated by them so I'm guessing it was some sort of home and home deal with them.
                              A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Working...
                              X