X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chuck Murray
    replied
    Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    The BC blogger says Nate Leaman is very much still involved. Claims Leaman and Brown meeting with Fr. Leahy this week.
    This does make one wonder how long Leaman intends to stay at PC, even if he doesn't get the BC job.

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied
    The BC blogger says Nate Leaman is very much still involved. Claims Leaman and Brown meeting with Fr. Leahy this week.

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied
    While Greg Brown is not my first choice, from what I have seen/know he certainly has the right demeanor for the job. Experience as an assistant in college/NHL and then got some quality time as HC in the USHL. I said before that BC has fallen behind in recruiting the USHL. So if he had made any connections, that can certainly help. Ultimately I'll be fine with him but I don't want the same staff configuration. I'd even be ok with retaining Ayers but I would take a hard look at replacing Buckley with someone who can recruit and focus on forwards. Then you would have a former dman as HC, former goalie as associate HC and then someone for forwards. That could really work well.

Leave a comment:

• BCeagle
    replied
    I agree. Until it actually happens I just don't see BC closing things out with Leaman. But at the same time if he really is a finalist you have to know the salary demands by now, no? If BC/Leahy simply pick Brown because he's a BC grad that will be the most BC thing ever.
    Has it been a pattern since Leahy took over that BC's problems starts with a bad AD or lack of a good AD that stays long term ? Do the good ones leave because their hands are tied ? There is no long term consistency with the constant changes in the AD

Defilippo and down have put BC varsity programs into mediocrity year after year in basketball, football, baseball, etc ? Even now hockey has tanked in the last 5 of 8 years

Leahy must not be the last say on a good AD because I have no confidence in him to pick the right AD who will stay long term and not use BC as a stepping stone

Continuity is needed for the programs to be what it use to be, very competitive teams year in and year out

Our standards of excellence has dropped

I really want this time a BC guy who cares about BC and understands what BC needs unless they hire a home run candidate who has established himself in another program
    Last edited by BCeagle; 05-02-2022, 12:42 AM.

Leave a comment:

• sigx15
    replied

"Yah Greg Brown tanked the season kid"

Better check the flight logs tomorrow!
    I'm already on it. Confirmed he didn't fly out immediatley after the game haha

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied
    Originally posted by PullTheGoalie View Post
    And now Dubuque is out of the playoffs.
    "Yah Greg Brown tanked the season kid"

Better check the flight logs tomorrow!

Leave a comment:

• PullTheGoalie
    replied
    And now Dubuque is out of the playoffs.

Leave a comment:

• joecct
    replied
    Originally posted by Split-N View Post

Nope. Merrimack is Augustinian. I'm not aware of any Franciscan schools that offer hockey.
    Alvernia in PA will be playing D3 hockey next season.

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied
    Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
    Leaman is staying in PVD.
    Well if that's the case that is what I thought would happen anyway. I do like the fact BC didn't limit it to just BC guys. I didn't think BC would get over the line with Leaman.

Leave a comment:

• theprofromdover
    replied
    Leaman is staying in PVD.

Leave a comment:

• Split-N
    replied
    Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    Someone is Franciscan. Wait...Merrimack I think?
    Nope. Merrimack is Augustinian. I'm not aware of any Franciscan schools that offer hockey.

Leave a comment:

• Scarlet
    replied
    Originally posted by sigx15 View Post

Nope, they're Dominican aka Friars. They're pretty similar nowadays to Franciscans but they'll say they're very different
    Someone is Franciscan. Wait...Merrimack I think?

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied
    Well, if not Leaman...who should BC be taking a run at? Isn't it possible they kicked the tires on Carvel/Bazin as well? I know that hasn't been reported but if you reached out to Leaman it would make sense if you did the same for the other established coaches in Hockey East. Especially since there is no BC connection with Leaman. Totally different than Cav.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Murray
    replied
    Originally posted by Split-N View Post
    Remember, the Dominicans were the enforcers during the inquisition. Very good at racks, thumbscrews, beds of nails, etc. BTW, I went to Dominican elementary and high schools.
    Explains their creepy looking mascot I suppose.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Murray
    replied
    He did get back to another FF after that one. Bazin just has the one trip despite numerous HE titles. I just look at what Union and Providence were before Nate Leaman. Complete non factors and he helped turn both programs into national contenders without having the recruiting advantages he would have at BC. That is enticing to me. He's a proven commodity. Could Greg Brown turn out to be a great coach? Sure, but there's more risk in picking him.
    As you know, there's a certain young new HC named Ben Barr who can also lay claim to being involved in both of those title runs, PLUS the subsequent UMass Amherst title run.

If O'Connor doesn't get the worst possible case of the dropsies in recent hockey history, Leaman is arguably still in search of his first meaningful piece of hardware (except one RS title, right?). Well behind Umile, Bazin, and arguably Madigan as well.

Having said that, Leaman at Providence is probably not all that different than York was at BGSU, although (again) Leaman lags overall with less conference-level success that York had at BGSU.

Then again, Leaman learned the ropes initially under Walshy at UMaine FWIW ...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X