Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sigx15
    replied
    Very interesting, Craig Janney, BC alum & longtime NHLer weighs in with his support of Greg Brown

https://twitter.com/CraigJanney1/sta...ukne-xz57wm22w

Leave a comment:

• sigx15
    replied
    Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    A pretty good source relayed to me that Kevin Shea, Vice President and Executive Assistant to the President/Chief of Staff, is pushing for Leaman. What I don't know is how much pull he has with Fr. Leahy compared to anyone who is pushing for Greg Brown.
    Interesting development and frankly makes sense why it seems like it's down to Brown vs. Leaman. My gut tells me the hockey alumni committee want Greg Brown to be the coach and Shea wants Leaman. Will be interesting to see how this plays out

Leave a comment:

• sigx15
    replied
    Looks like Greg Brown has arrived... https://flightaware.com/live/flight/...345Z/KDBQ/KBED

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Murray
    replied
    A pretty good source relayed to me that Kevin Shea, Vice President and Executive Assistant to the President/Chief of Staff, is pushing for Leaman. What I don't know is how much pull he has with Fr. Leahy compared to anyone who is pushing for Greg Brown.
    You left out the part where Shea is/was/has been a long-term Hockey East on-ice official, J.D.

Maybe he admires Leaman for not ripping him as much, or at least doing so more courteously?

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied

Leave a comment:

• sigx15
    replied
    I know, not a peep from anybody else on Leaman. Not even anybody refuting it. Everyone just assuming it will be Greg Brown.
    Ya, same thing with the Ted Donato thing. No one had it and no one is refuting it. Pretty wild

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied
    I know, not a peep from anybody else on Leaman. Not even anybody refuting it. Everyone just assuming it will be Greg Brown.

Leave a comment:

• sigx15
    replied
    Imagine if BChockeyblogger didn't make his triumphant return? I'd be losing my **** not knowing anything going on with the search. The lack of other reporters knowing anything about it is wild. I hope he gets the scoop on who the actual hire is and gets to leak it with all the work he's done on it

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied
    Ha I watch very little basketball but Grant has actually recruited far better than expected. Incoming class is best BC has had in quite some time. They might have something with him. We'll see. Hafley has recruited far better than Addazio too. So while Jarmond and Kraft both left it's possible they at least helped make good hires.

Leave a comment:

• DNAEagle
    replied
    Well I was being facetious about JY returning but he is the best person for the job. Interesting to see the process for selection. Best to leave it to hockey guys anyway. I am not sure Kraft make a great choice for Bball, another two years before we know that. Brown over Leamen if that is the choice.

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied
    Haven't seen anyone report York staying on. That ain't happening. I have no reason to believe the BC blogger has this one wrong. Haven't seen anyone refute Leaman being a candidate. Not even Mark Divver. If Leaman was not a candidate I think we would have seen something by now.

Leave a comment:

• DNAEagle
    replied
    Good bye Pat, don't let the door hit you on the way out. Just like the flipper, Bates and Jarmond. At least the HC job selection process is out of Kraft's hands, I think JY will have an even bigger role in the selection. Maybe he will decide he is the best person for the job and stay longer. I would be ok with that because that would be true. Please just not Dennehy.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Murray
    replied
    The BC blogger says Nate Leaman is very much still involved. Claims Leaman and Brown meeting with Fr. Leahy this week.
    This does make one wonder how long Leaman intends to stay at PC, even if he doesn't get the BC job.

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied
    The BC blogger says Nate Leaman is very much still involved. Claims Leaman and Brown meeting with Fr. Leahy this week.

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied
    While Greg Brown is not my first choice, from what I have seen/know he certainly has the right demeanor for the job. Experience as an assistant in college/NHL and then got some quality time as HC in the USHL. I said before that BC has fallen behind in recruiting the USHL. So if he had made any connections, that can certainly help. Ultimately I'll be fine with him but I don't want the same staff configuration. I'd even be ok with retaining Ayers but I would take a hard look at replacing Buckley with someone who can recruit and focus on forwards. Then you would have a former dman as HC, former goalie as associate HC and then someone for forwards. That could really work well.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X