Boston College hockey 2021-2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J.D. View Post

Yes, I think anyone who played last year gets an extra year regardless. But that then depends on if they want to take advantage of it and if the school wants them back or if they have other recruits coming in. A big reason why BC got the Bowling Green kids is the BG coach made it clear they had no room to bring them back as super seniors. The one time transfer rule is another that will have a huge impact going forward. I want BC to use that option to add older players like they did with the BG kids. It will be interesting to see what programs find that right mix of bringing in young talent and older players via transfer. Using Michigan as an example, they brought in a ton of young talent this year but I don't think they added anyone via transfer.

It looks to me like St. Cloud brought back some of their own super seniors. I think they will be there at the end. Probably a return trip to the FF for them. Add Minnesota State as well. And a good chance Michigan ands up in Boston as well. A lot of hockey to be played but a team like Michigan vs. St.Cloud/Minnesota State would be fascinating to watch.
    Actually Michigan added one of the displaced RMU goalies, although he's just a sophomore.

Comment

Originally posted by DNAEagle View Post
      If you are not NHL ready (and I don't think any of the seniors are) then the choice is pretty clear unless there is real financial need or it
      affects their contract status. Stay and enjoy another year of playing top level college hockey, preferable to riding the bus to Utica. These guys could have monster seasons this year and next.
      I don't disagree but it depends if BC will foot the bill for additional scholarships. If they won't the players would have to pay their own way.

Comment

Originally posted by carmine scarpaglia View Post
        hoooooooo boy. This team is terrible; could be the worst bc team in 30-40 years.
        bump!
        Originally posted by reBlur
        the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by carmine scarpaglia . This team is terrible; could be the worst bc team in 30-40 years.

If it makes you feel any better the same issue is happening at the other end of Comm Ave. They may be the worst BU team I have seen in 30 or 40 years as well. They are far worse than BC. However, the bigger contributing issue is the parity that exists in college hockey today is at an all time high. As the popularity has exploded at the kid level nationally with Hockey USA membership at all time highs there are quality players stacked in DIV 1. Newsflash, it seems they aren't all necessarily inclined, want or care if they play for a traditional hockey powerhouse. They are now at places like Arizona and Quinnipiac. Look for the trend to continue...and it only gets worse when a coach retires. If Jerry will coach till he's 100 right...

Comment

Originally posted by RossiRules View Post
            Originally posted by carmine scarpaglia . This team is terrible; could be the worst bc team in 30-40 years.

If it makes you feel any better the same issue is happening at the other end of Comm Ave. They may be the worst BU team I have seen in 30 or 40 years as well. They are far worse than BC. However, the bigger contributing issue is the parity that exists in college hockey today is at an all time high. As the popularity has exploded at the kid level nationally with Hockey USA membership at all time highs there are quality players stacked in DIV 1. Newsflash, it seems they aren't all necessarily inclined, want or care if they play for a traditional hockey powerhouse. They are now at places like Arizona and Quinnipiac. Look for the trend to continue...and it only gets worse when a coach retires. If Jerry will coach till he's 100 right...
            delusional. Bc just lost to Vermont. Deal with it. BU is playing without its first line of forwards in brown, obrien and tuch. BC doesn’t have excuses. BC and BU aren’t great but BC isn’t better. Parity is across all of college hockey. There are no dominant teams anymore in any league- get used to it.
            Last edited by Lemonade; 10-30-2021, 11:21 AM.

Comment

Lemonade again trying to say BC isn't better than BU...just an incredible obsession.

Analytics should love this team. Completely dominate CC and UVM yet find remarkable ways to lose games. To some extent there is some bad luck there. It's the reverse of BU last year. Whether it becomes a season long trend remains to be seen.

Comment

That took exactly one game to wash away the good feelings from the Denver game. Ugh. They had best win tonight.
                The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                BC - 12
                BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                  Lemonade again trying to say BC isn't better than BU...just an incredible obsession.

Analytics should love this team. Completely dominate CC and UVM yet find remarkable ways to lose games. To some extent there is some bad luck there. It's the reverse of BU last year. Whether it becomes a season long trend remains to be seen.
                  neither team is very good and both aren’t close to winning a national title. They are two mediocre teams. Those are the facts. If you think BC is some national power you are delusional. Losses to a Bentley and Vermont and it’s not even November.

Comment

You continue to be an absolute moron. Nobody called BC a national power this year.

Comment

• Disappointing loss, even worse they are up 3-0 and they lose. Normally 4 goals is enough to win but Dop was not quite up to it. BC's OT goal called back, didn't see the film of it but the refs had the benefit of the review ,so no goal, just wonder if that was the call on the ice or it was a call reversed. They need to play all three periods, great first period, bad second period. They longer any team like Vermont stays in the game the more they believe they can win. Last night was a perfect example of that. Need to play better for three periods and if they take the lead they need to step on the gas. Giles had a good night, he is really having a great year so far. Good for him he deserves it.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                        You continue to be an absolute moron. Nobody called BC a national power this year.
                        Being ranked so high to begin the season says different doesn’t it you fool.

Comment

• Deja vu all over again! Potential winning goal for BC under review

Comment

• Originally posted by Lemonade View Post

Preseason rankings are often very favorable to the blue bloods. So if you want to use that so be it. But BC is not on the same level as St. Cloud and Minnesota State. If everything falls into place it can still be an NCAA tournament team. After losing Knight, Newhook, Boldy, Hardman I didn't hear anyone saying this was gonna be a FF team. Still a lot of very good players. They just need to put it all together as a team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lemonade View Post

Hey Lemonade,
                              Did you know that Boston College isn't even in Boston?
                              Originally posted by mookie1995
                              bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                              Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                              Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

• Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post

Hey Lemonade,
                                Did you know that Boston College isn't even in Boston?
                                You literally thought that was funny enough to waste your time typing? Be better.

For the record BU and BC aren’t very good. Deal with it.

Comment

Working...
                                X