Boston College hockey 2021-2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by paulfb View Post
    Jon Rish said they were "stunned" for the second straight game. No, they're just a bad team.
    They certainly don't know how to play in the 3rd period when you're up a goal. Horrible play by St. Ivany on tying goal and then you let a man in shortly after that. CC had no business winning that game but they took their chances.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post

They certainly don't know how to play in the 3rd period when you're up a goal. Horrible play by St. Ivany on tying goal and then you let a man in shortly after that. CC had no business winning that game but they took their chances.
      Saw the live stream from NY City. Can't go up there for games until second semester because I just dislocated my hip. It took lots of self-discipline not to throw my cane.

Comment

Horrible play by St. Ivany on tying goal
        Tough play. With a lead, in the 3rd period, you certainly don't want to commit to holding the blue line on a wacky bouncer like that. Better to back out and get a more certain play there.

Originally posted by reBlur
        the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Marshall Warren has been terrific. That is all.

Comment

Agreed on some of the play, bad bounces and poor judgement led to two goals in the third. Can't fault Dop, he had a penalty shot and clean breakaway to contend with. Denver lost so we have two wounded teams tonight, need to mount a good response.

Comment

Shots 42-18

Two majors and a penalty shot against

Not a single penalty on CC

Seen a lot but that was an all timer!
              I'm usually the last one to complain about refereeing as I hate excuses. But to say that was slanted is to put it extremely delicately. That said, it has nothing to do with the odd man rushes and breakaways. That has to stop.
              The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
              BC - 12
              BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Last night's final score was a fluke. That's not to say they played a perfect game. Far from it. But a great response tonight to finish the game out. Dop is the guy and this can still be a pretty good team.

Comment

Lose to Bentley by four goals, beat Denver by four goals. A roller-coaster ride and we're not even out of October.

Comment

They have to feel good about themselves after last night. It was a challenge but the big guys played big. Need to go on a run, they have some games coming up where that should happen. Love the switch in the top 6 Ambrosino with Kuntar and Mclaughlin is a good change.
                    Last edited by DNAEagle; 10-24-2021, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Last night was very encouraging after the last couple of games. McBain has become extremely adept at using his size and reach to maintain puck possession. He is an absolute load to deal with down low.
                      The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                      BC - 12
                      BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

That's the problem when you make mistakes. You end up giving up goals on turnovers from errant passes in the their end or neutral zone or take a penalty to make up for that mistake.

The passing I've seen is typical BC of late. Blind passes getting intercepted and not accurate passing lead to turnovers.

I even saw a pass to a man getting off the ice with his back turned as he was getting off the ice.

If they don't clean this up more of the same and they will pay against any team even teams like Bentley and Colorado who we all think BC should beat.

Over passing leads to no shots on goal and the opposing team goes on a rush back towards the BC zone. I think the DU goal came off a 4 on 2 rush if I remember correctly

They're obviously not that talented that they can go into a hole and recover. They just don't have that kind of talent to score a lot of goals like last year and even if they do, that's no way to play.

Hopefully they address the penalties and nip it in the butt because having a major a game and too many penalties does not win games and you spend half the game on the PK

They're good enough to finish top 4 in HE but not that good if they keep playing mistake filled games each week

Even MC beat BU this past weekend so they can't take any team lightly if they haven't learned it already.
                        NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

There are 10 new players on this team and they are just learning to play with one another. They are good, not great but solid throughout the lineup and the youngsters are learning. The good news is that they are the oldest team ever to play for BC, 21.4 years of age. All the teams are older but this is really a competitive boost for BC. Does anyone know if players can now get an extra year eligibility because of COVID, if that is so wouldn't that make all the seniors eligible for another year ? McBain, Giles and McLaughlin would be great super seniors.

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post

That's the problem when you make mistakes. You end up giving up goals on turnovers from errant passes in the their end or neutral zone or take a penalty to make up for that mistake.

The passing I've seen is typical BC of late. Blind passes getting intercepted and not accurate passing lead to turnovers.

I even saw a pass to a man getting off the ice with his back turned as he was getting off the ice.

If they don't clean this up more of the same and they will pay against any team even teams like Bentley and Colorado who we all think BC should beat.

Over passing leads to no shots on goal and the opposing team goes on a rush back towards the BC zone. I think the DU goal came off a 4 on 2 rush if I remember correctly

They're obviously not that talented that they can go into a hole and recover. They just don't have that kind of talent to score a lot of goals like last year and even if they do, that's no way to play.

Hopefully they address the penalties and nip it in the butt because having a major a game and too many penalties does not win games and you spend half the game on the PK

They're good enough to finish top 4 in HE but not that good if they keep playing mistake filled games each week

Even MC beat BU this past weekend so they can't take any team lightly if they haven't learned it already.
                            I am not confident saying any HE team is good right now. Seems like every single team in HE is on a roller coaster ride so far.

Comment

Originally posted by DNAEagle View Post
                              There are 10 new players on this team and they are just learning to play with one another. They are good, not great but solid throughout the lineup and the youngsters are learning. The good news is that they are the oldest team ever to play for BC, 21.4 years of age. All the teams are older but this is really a competitive boost for BC. Does anyone know if players can now get an extra year eligibility because of COVID, if that is so wouldn't that make all the seniors eligible for another year ? McBain, Giles and McLaughlin would be great super seniors.
                              Yes, I think anyone who played last year gets an extra year regardless. But that then depends on if they want to take advantage of it and if the school wants them back or if they have other recruits coming in. A big reason why BC got the Bowling Green kids is the BG coach made it clear they had no room to bring them back as super seniors. The one time transfer rule is another that will have a huge impact going forward. I want BC to use that option to add older players like they did with the BG kids. It will be interesting to see what programs find that right mix of bringing in young talent and older players via transfer. Using Michigan as an example, they brought in a ton of young talent this year but I don't think they added anyone via transfer.

It looks to me like St. Cloud brought back some of their own super seniors. I think they will be there at the end. Probably a return trip to the FF for them. Add Minnesota State as well. And a good chance Michigan ands up in Boston as well. A lot of hockey to be played but a team like Michigan vs. St.Cloud/Minnesota State would be fascinating to watch.

Comment

If you are not NHL ready (and I don't think any of the seniors are) then the choice is pretty clear unless there is real financial need or it
                                affects their contract status. Stay and enjoy another year of playing top level college hockey, preferable to riding the bus to Utica. These guys could have monster seasons this year and next.

Comment

Working...
                                X