Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J.D.
    replied
    Yes, former players definitely support this hire. Would love to know if Fr. Leahy simply rubberstamped the pick from whoever he is listening to at the moment (with no AD) or if he picked himself based on final interviews. Maybe he asked each candidate if they go to church on Sundays.

Leave a comment:

• DNAEagle
    replied
    Spoke to several former players who were playing when he was coaching and there were very positive about the choice, 5 months to hockey season. Can't wait.

Leave a comment:

• theprofromdover
    replied
    Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post

Igles still have a coach older than mookie :-)
    mookie feels young!

much younger than old pro from dover!!
    Now that Old Pio is still dead, I’m the resident curmudgeon!

Leave a comment:

• Elbowing
    replied
    Go Brownie!

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied
    Originally posted by sigx15 View Post
    Mike McMahon & Adam Wodon must've been punching the air when they heard their guy Dennehy wasn't getting the gig, would've had so many free scoops with all the cheerleading they were doing in the process
    I wonder what job they'll be pushing him for next! Maybe UNH if that opens next year.

Leave a comment:

• DNAEagle
    replied
    Only better choice would have been York himself and he is golfing

Leave a comment:

• sigx15
    replied
    Mike McMahon & Adam Wodon must've been punching the air when they heard their guy Dennehy wasn't getting the gig, would've had so many free scoops with all the cheerleading they were doing in the process

Leave a comment:

• mookie1995
    replied
    Originally posted by sigx15 View Post
    Formal announcement had been made. Press Conference on Monday, May 16th at 11am

https://bceagles.com/news/2022/5/6/g...ns-hockey.aspx
    Igles still have a coach older than mookie :-)
    mookie feels young!

much younger than old pro from dover!!

Leave a comment:

• sigx15
    replied
    Formal announcement had been made. Press Conference on Monday, May 16th at 11am

https://bceagles.com/news/2022/5/6/g...ns-hockey.aspx
    Last edited by sigx15; 05-06-2022, 02:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• sigx15
    replied
    Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    Alright now we see what happens with the staff. I really want them to let Brown bring in at least one of his own guys. Preferably a top recruiter for forwards.
    Ya, my thoughts exactly. There are so many guys to choose from who could be cadidates, we'll see if he pulls the trigger though. There a bunch of alumni who are right at the tail end of their careers who I think would be great but I don't know if they're ready to hang them up yet. I'd like to see them go in the younger direction with it

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied
    Ya I actually ended up thinking he must be a BC guy himself but he went to Syracuse. Definitely has major connections within BC administration.

Alright now we see what happens with the staff. I really want them to let Brown bring in at least one of his own guys. Preferably a top recruiter for forwards.

Leave a comment:

• sigx15
    replied
    https://twitter.com/PeteThamel/statu...xbab94trnmsgIA

There it is, Brown is the guy. The next steps will be interesting

Also, seems like Thamel gets any scoup BC wants to hand out the past couple years. It's almost like there's a mentality with the school of like, "Thamel is a BC guy, he covers stuff about the school, we give him all the scoops"
    Last edited by sigx15; 05-06-2022, 01:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied
    Let's be honest. The chances the next coach, even if it was Leaman, wins multiple national championships at BC is highly unlikely. Not impossible but still unlikely.

Leave a comment:

• BC/HE
    replied
    Sure, it would be nice to have a coach that could bring a National Championship to BC quickly but if they do and then leave that would not be good enough for BC fans. What BC fans want is another Head Coach that brings several NC's to BC staying here for the long run as well. It's ironic but about a dozen years ago there was discussion about who would replace York and it always came down to Brown or Cavanaugh as that team of coaches with York was and still is the greatest coaching combination in the NCAA's for a long time if ever. Cavanaugh was considered the frontrunner then with Brown considered needing more outside experience to overtake him. It appears that thought at the time actually is coming to fruition.

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied
    And even if that did happen it would mean he did a good job at BC. Just like Jim Montgomery did at Denver.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X