X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I already said I wouldn't expect him to attend all the events you mentioned

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      I already said I wouldn't expect him to attend all the events you mentioned
      Right, I understand ... but then, where do you draw that line? Others might feel "snubbed"?

These are very sensitive times. And while I'd lean towards "screw it, it's York, I'll be there" personally, Fr. Leahy obviously feels differently. I'm just pointing out why that might be the case ...
      Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
      Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• I'm trying to think of who at BC could retire and feel snubbed that Leahy went to York's event. There's just a massive gulf. Next in line is probably the lacrosse coach and she's got years ahead of her to try and make her mark on the school. Athletics is part of a university and the school should feel and show the utmost respect and thanks for what York meant to BC. To other coaches/athletes and to the Jesuit "way". That's all. When it comes to Boston College, York is a unicorn.

But it's done with and hopefully everyone is on board in finding the best candidate to take over.

Comment

• It is amazing Leahy has been there almost as long as York, and in the world of academics and overall facilities he has done a good job. Not sure what the succession plan is but I am sure they have one.

Comment

• Depending on how far Dubuque goes, the announcement could be a bit off in the future
            • First Round: April 25-28.
            • Conference Semifinals: April 29 - May 4.
            • Conference Finals: May 5-12.
            • Clark Cup Final: May 13-25.
            The Souza record:
            15-16 10th place
            16-17 10th place
            17-18 11th place
            18-19 8th place
            19-20 9th place
            20-21 10th place
            21-22 9th place
            22-23 10th place

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
              Depending on how far Dubuque goes, the announcement could be a bit off in the future
              • First Round: April 25-28.
              • Conference Semifinals: April 29 - May 4.
              • Conference Finals: May 5-12.
              • Clark Cup Final: May 13-25.
              With it "only" being the USHL, how do these things typically work? Would it get out that Brown is the next guy but he still coaches out the rest of the season?

Comment

• I was afraid something like this was going to happen. You can’t tell me facilities weren’t a huge factor in this. Hopefully it’s a wake up call

https://twitter.com/bchockeyblogger/...c5eNMoTk-hF-bA

https://twitter.com/bchockeyblogger/...c5eNMoTk-hF-bA

https://twitter.com/danielvconnolly/...c5eNMoTk-hF-bA

Comment

I'm trying to think of who at BC could retire and feel snubbed that Leahy went to York's event.
                  We live in a world filled with emotional hemophiliacs, J.D. - especially in academia, even at BC.

I still suspect it's a decision driven by religious priorities, and what's done is done. I have no doubt whatsoever York knows how much his efforts have been appreciated by Fr. Leahy, who probably made a private call to York to thank him personally.

I also think youze guys dodged a bullet with Luce "doing a Umile" to stay put at UConn ...

Comment

• I wanted Cav over Brown but the one thing I will fight back on here is the UConn guy saying it was Cav's job if he wanted it. BC was never going to only interview Cav and have him on campus and then immediately offer him the job. Not buying that spin for one second. Greg Brown is still currently coaching. As is someone like JD Forrest. Cav is not Nick Saban. It's not "his job if he wants it" without checking in on other candidates and going through the interview process.

Comment

I wanted Cav over Brown but the one thing I will fight back on here is the UConn guy saying it was Cav's job if he wanted it. BC was never going to only interview Cav and have him on campus and then immediately offer him the job. Not buying that spin for one second. Greg Brown is still currently coaching. As is someone like JD Forrest. Cav is not Nick Saban. It's not "his job if he wants it" without checking in on other candidates and going through the interview process.
                      Totally agree. It also makes you wonder if someone at BC wanted to do Luce a favor, brought him in very early in the process, and then let word leak out that Luce had been to The Heights, so he could leverage the "interest" Umile-style into an improved contract at Storrs? The timing of everything seems more than a little odd. As I said before, I think BC dodged a bullet here. The guy has one (1) winning season - this year, and barely at that - in HEA at UConn, despite years of supposedly top talent and recruiting. One (1) trip to Boston for the tourney. All hat and no cattle, if you ask me. And it's beyond ironic that Luce "pulled a Umile" to leverage the apex of his head coaching career to stay put (possibly forever now?) in HEA's no-man's land. Good luck with that ...

Comment

• < hand raised >

Why is Mike Cavanaugh referred to as "Luce"?
                        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                          < hand raised >

Why is Mike Cavanaugh referred to as "Luce"?
                          Luce Canaan

It's a long story, but it's quite fitting for the fraudulent little dweeb ...

Comment

• I just hope the best candidate is given the job whether he was a BC guy or not. I have read discussions on other threads like twitter about guys like Carvel and Bazin being offered. I doubt they would come to BC but if they were interested, who knows.

Some of my friends keeping mentioning Cav, Brown or Dennehy, etc. but personally I think the best candidate should be offered, whoever he may be.
                            NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

• I'll tell you guys what worries me, as a fan of another HEA program ... what if a flawed yet uber qualified dark-horse candidate like Jim Montgomery were to decide that waiting for another shot at an NHL head coaching job isn't likely to surface any time soon, and instead he looks at something like BC or BU (or Michigan or MSU, etc.)? Assuming he's got his issues under control, and with the travel demands and pressures of competing in HEA a few steps down from the 8-9 month slog that the NHL can be (especially with a legit Cup contender like SLB), his return could tilt the D-1 landscape wherever he might surface. Understood that those programs might see him as being too risky (in which case I hope UNH offers him when they finally cut MS7 loose), but that would be a potential "home run hire" no one is really talking about.

Comment

• I didn't even know Montgomery was back coaching. I'd certainly take a look at him but I doubt BC would. Maybe a program like MSU would. They've been irrelevant for a long time now and desperately need a turnaround.

Comment

Working...
                                X