X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ExileOnDaytonStreet
    replied
    [stick taps] for one hell of a career

What could’ve been lost in all my excitement from the ‘06 championship game, but I’m glad I noticed, was a gesture from Coach York.

As UW was celebrating, the BC players started shuffling off the ice. York got to them, and had them all come back to the ice to the corner to give a stick salute to the BC fan section.

Plenty of great moments for BC in the middle of a lot of excellent seasons from 01-16, and I’m sure BC fans enjoy the titles a lot more. But I liked getting the measure of a great coach in that little moment.

Leave a comment:

• Hockey John
    replied
    Congratulations Coach York! This Bowling Green fan appreciates the 15 years spent as a Falcon. BG's 1984 National Title is still my favorite sports moment.

Leave a comment:

• Bomber
    replied
    Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    Wow! Huge.

BU and BC coachless at the same time. (Dogs and cats, living together.)

Leave a comment:

• QUAlum2004
    replied
    This is the right move for York and BC. It was time.

Leave a comment:

• The Sicatoka
    replied
    York retiring.

https://twitter.com/BC_MHockey/statu...xsports.com%2F

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied
    Played multiple positions and seems to be very little bust factor with him. I'd say end of first round is right. Might be a tad high for Steelers but I am no expert.

Leave a comment:

• mookie1995
    replied
    The ESPN that mookie just saw reads Zion Johnson is going to the stillers.

this dude any good? Worth it here?

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied
    Seems like a 3rd line depth piece which you can always use. Probably similar to a Carreau I would think. With a little more offensive upside.

Leave a comment:

• Seacaptim
    replied
    BC lands Norte Dame transfer Cam Burke F/C. Senior coming off his most productive season 8 goals/11 assists in 38 games. 5’9” 170 Boxborough native. Injured his Jr. season. Seems to notch timely goals.

Leave a comment:

• DNAEagle
    replied
    Feel good story of the week, undrafted local kid, plays 4 years at BC, captains two teams, makes the Olympics, now playing for the Bruins and scores a goal in first game. Looks like his skates didn't touch the ice. Doesn't get any better than this. Good for him.

Leave a comment:

• Cross Check
    replied
    Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    One game, one goal.
    That was a very cool moment. Heckuva snipe too.

Leave a comment:

• Seacaptim
    replied
    Originally posted by After the Whistle View Post
    Seacaptim, Jackson would be an excellent fit for you guys. He is one of the reasons we play you well. He is quick, has great hands, responsible defensively and with a better supporting cast he will be a bigger scorer. He will come closer to the 35/40 point level.
    Thank you. BC needs to return to these quicker type players who can ignite scoring. We have some promising freshmen like Gauthier, Jellvik, and Gasseau coming, and Jackson would be excellent veteran to complement a line. Hope York is talking with him.

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied
    Originally posted by Bomber View Post
    Marc McLaughlin is making his NHL debut with the Bruins tonight. I love to see a local kid get a shot with the hometown club.
    One game, one goal.

Leave a comment:

• After the Whistle
    replied
    Seacaptim, Jackson would be an excellent fit for you guys. He is one of the reasons we play you well. He is quick, has great hands, responsible defensively and with a better supporting cast he will be a bigger scorer. He will come closer to the 35/40 point level.

Leave a comment:

• Bomber
    replied
    Marc McLaughlin is making his NHL debut with the Bruins tonight. I love to see a local kid get a shot with the hometown club.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X