LSSU Lakers 2021-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LSSU Lakers 2021-22

Tough schedule to start the year similar to 2 years ago. Hopefully the Lakers jump out of the gate a bit better than 2 years ago.
    LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Big OT win vs. #17 Omaha to open the season. Go Lakers!

Comment

Lots of questions going into the season about who would score the goals, and Puricelli with 2 tonight and the OT game winner is showing he's up for the task.

Comment

Definitely a nice come from behind win and congratulations to Damon for his 100th career win as Laker head coach.

Comment

Highlight reel from the CCHA site:
          https://ccha.com/news/2021/10/3/mens...ench-boss.aspx

That OT goal by Puricelli was nice, and Roy did some good things, too.

Comment

Really nice to see them come back from the 2 goal deficit. Tough to do on the road.

Comment

Another tough road series this weekend at Michigan. It would be nice to manage another split and pick up the Lakers 50th win in program history vs. Michigan.

Comment

My brother (fellow LSSU grad) and I attended the game tonight. He has followed college hockey for about a decade, I’ve done so for 15 years, and we both said that the Michigan team that took the ice tonight was the best college team either of us has ever seen. If that roster remains intact through the entire season, and they don’t win the national championship, they have nobody to blame but themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by AnchorsAway View Post
                  My brother (fellow LSSU grad) and I attended the game tonight. He has followed college hockey for about a decade, I’ve done so for 15 years, and we both said that the Michigan team that took the ice tonight was the best college team either of us has ever seen. If that roster remains intact through the entire season, and they don’t win the national championship, they have nobody to blame but themselves.
                  They obviously have a lot of talent. It will be interesting to see how they respond when they fall behind in games, especially by more than one goal. They are young and sometimes that can affect how well they play when they face a little adversity. For a team like the Lakers to give them much of a game, the keys will be to stay out of the box and get an early goal or two.

Comment

We have a new commitment.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe...1/hunter-ramos

Comment

Originally posted by AnchorsAway View Post
                      I'm curious about Saturday's game. What were the keys to the Lakers' second period surge, and did Michigan show any panic?
                      Kato might see these guys this weekend, and I'm just wondering if there's any way to beat them!

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post

I'm curious about Saturday's game. What were the keys to the Lakers' second period surge, and did Michigan show any panic?
                        Kato might see these guys this weekend, and I'm just wondering if there's any way to beat them!
                        I didn't see the games, but in general I think the keys to beat them are (1) stay out of the box and (2) keep with (or close to) them on the scoreboard late into the game. An early goal or two will help. They are fairly young so if you can get even a small lead on them in the third period, they may not react as well especially if you get them away from Yost.

Comment

Very odd they didn't put a 2021 NCAA tournament banner up in Abel arena. Also still no 1991 NCAA banner up for some odd reason.

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                            Very odd they didn't put a 2021 NCAA tournament banner up in Abel arena. Also still no 1991 NCAA banner up for some odd reason.
                            Wasn't the banner raising tomorrow night?

Comment

Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post

Wasn't the banner raising tomorrow night?
                              Yes, Saturday night the WCHA banner is supposed to be raised.

Comment

Working...
                              X