No announcement yet.

LSSU Lakers 2021-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations to Jake Willets on becoming the first Laker defenseman in program history to record a hat trick.
    Last edited by LSSULaker889294; 02-13-2022, 07:13 AM.
    LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
      The Lakers have a new commitment. Reagan Milburn, a forward currently playing for Vernon of the BCHL. His older brother Connor will be joining the Lakers next season. Reagan is 2, maybe 3, seasons away.
      According to the tech radio show tech and LSSU are heading out to play Clarkson and st Lawrence one game each in the fall of 2023.

Comment

Is Brandon Puricelli hurt? I thought he was one of their best players but hasn't played in awhile.

Comment

Embarrassing loss tonight. NMU bailed the Lakers out by upsetting Bowling Green tonight so home ice is still possible with the Lakers in control of their own destiny.

I wonder what Damon said in the post game interview?
          Last edited by LSSULaker889294; 02-18-2022, 10:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
            Embarrassing loss tonight. NMU bailed the Lakers out by upsetting Bowling Green tonight so home ice is still possible with the Lakers in control of their own destiny.

I heard part of the postgame and he basically said they weren’t ready to play. Said there would be a lot of lineup changes if they were at home.

Comment

Sounded like this week is his first week back in practice from whatever he was out for

Comment

It's been a strange season. The Lakers have never had a full lineup available right from the start. Between injuries (Jeffers, Jenuwine, Roy), illness (Covid? Flu? Bad Colds?) to a bunch of guys starting at the first Bemidji series, and breaking team rules (Puricelli, maybe one other guy), it's been a struggle to put a consistent lineup on the ice without even taking into consideration who is playing the best at any given time. They haven't played nearly as well on the road this season compared to last. Aside from the lineup issues, I think the biggest on ice problem has been getting consistent scoring. Some guys have obviously put up some pretty decent numbers this season, but the Lakers have played 13 games (thus far) where they scored either 1 or 0 goals. That's a big problem.

Comment

Lakers guaranteed to finish 4th and have home ice for the first round if they get at least 5 points against BGSU next weekend. They can still finish 4th with 4 points if NMU doesn't take all 6 points against Ferris State. Lakers own tiebreaker over NMU but would lose tiebreaker over BGSU if they split the series with 3 points each.

Lakers will either host Bowling Green or NMU or travel to Bowling Green, NMU, or Bemidji.

Comment

The radio announcer Matt Paquet didn't give any indication on why Purchelli was out of the lineup for so long.

Comment

What is Jim Roque doing nowadays? I wonder if he gets another chance to get a DI head coaching job like Scott Borek did?

Comment

What is Jim Roque doing nowadays? I wonder if he gets another chance to get a DI head coaching job like Scott Borek did?
                        He's still a pro scout; I think with the Maple Leafs now.
                        Last edited by Bill; 02-23-2022, 08:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Serum View Post
                          The radio announcer Matt Paquet didn't give any indication on why Purchelli was out of the lineup for so long.
                          Off-ice issues. Not really important what they were, but that's why.

Comment

Big sweep for Lake State this weekend! Probably the first time in a long time they've played with a full line-up. Makes you wonder what could have been this season?

Comment

Originally posted by WayUpNorth22 View Post
                              Big sweep for Lake State this weekend! Probably the first time in a long time they've played with a full line-up. Makes you wonder what could have been this season?
                              The only guy they were missing is Jack Jeffers. Tough year for him. Had off-season surgery, came back to play after the holidays, played in only 3 games, got hurt again, and missed the rest of the season. I think he's taking a medical red-shirt and coming back next season.

Comment

There is supposed to be a new video scoreboard for the Norris Center ice arena next season.

Comment

Working...
                                X