Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quinnipiac Bobcats 2021-22 - Let's get this party started!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was watching the USA WJC game last night and the announcer stated Lehman thinks Ty is “day to day”. That’s good news for USA and better news for Rand and us. Hopefully not a lingering problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Quinnipiac and Princeton series postponed
      QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
      2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
      2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
      2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
      https://***********/QHockeyBlog
      https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
      https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

• Quinnipiac December Recruiting Recap

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/20...ing-recap.html
        QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
        2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
        2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
        2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
        https://***********/QHockeyBlog
        https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
        https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

• Happy New Year, Bobcats!

Comment

• Breaking news -- hockey team plays hockey.

Tonight's game is on SNY, for those in the NYC metro.

Comment

• Great performance tonight, especially after so much time off.

Also, just want to reiterate how great it is that the University still makes sure to get some games on TV. The Yale game will also be on SNY, Phil said during the broadcast. It's such a great thing to do the work to get on TV, and not enough athletic departments around here put in that kind of effort.

Comment

• So, any rust they had got knocked out in the Locker room. Dominant performance. They are stifling and it looks like they did some work over the break on the PP. First the D, wow, Harvard was out of sync all night. QU’s conditioning (Coach B) and tenacity are incredible. By midway through the 2nd Harvard was gassed. Perets made a couple good saves and didn’t get shaken when things got a little crazy around him, again, D helped get things clear. Great to see Smilanic out there, no Signs of the WJC injury. He was all over the Ice on both ends. TJ was TJ, full effort 200 ft. Chao might be this teams MVP, that guy was a great pick up. Amazing performance by the boys. Bring on the second half. They are ready to roll! Go Bobcats.

Comment

• Dare I say….win today vs Dartmouth…and they have a “great chance” of being #1 in the polls…for third time in program history….all within last 9 years….I know that ranking and 25 cents will get you a cup of coffee…it’s still a great representation of pride and hard work….great first half guys…you’ve all bought into the system consistently beating teams with double digit NHL draft picks

Comment

• Originally posted by ICECAT1811 View Post
                    Dare I say….win today vs Dartmouth…and they have a “great chance” of being #1 in the polls…for third time in program history….all within last 9 years….I know that ranking and 25 cents will get you a cup of coffee…it’s still a great representation of pride and hard work….great first half guys…you’ve all bought into the system consistently beating teams with double digit NHL draft picks
                    Obviously there are bigger goals in a season. Clearly Cup, Whitelaw, NCAA champions. But to get the No. 1 ranking, even if it's only for a week, is a big deal. A really big deal. We've been incredibly lucky these last few years to watch some outstanding Quinnipiac hockey teams, and this one looks like it has a chance to be right up there with the best of them. Really excited to see where it goes from here.

Comment

• #1 has had a target on their back all season. I'll take under the radar for now.
                      Quinnipiac Bobcats
                      2023 National Champions
                      ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                      ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                      East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                      Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                      Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                      Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                        #1 has had a target on their back all season. I'll take under the radar for now.
                        I think they’ll get it, but also wouldn’t be surprised to see MSU hold onto it or even a see Michigan get enough votes to grab it. We’re reaching the point in the season where pairwise and polls start to sync up a bit more. I agree this team could be one of the best we’ve seen in Hamden.

Comment

• Well... there ya go. #1 in the poll. Job well done but not yet finished.
                          Quinnipiac Bobcats
                          2023 National Champions
                          ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                          Northeast Regional:

Comment

Well... there ya go. #1 in the poll. Job well done but not yet finished.
                            Definitely well deserved. Team is stifling. Stevenson kept that game close, it could have been 5-1 easy. Have to stay focused for Princeton before taking on the road for a while. Looking forward to watching this team at Cornell. That should be a real test.

Comment

Well... there ya go. #1 in the poll. Job well done but not yet finished.
                              No, of course not -- this is a cool thing, but it's not the goal. You know me, I'm a firm believer in enjoying the ride during a sports season. Enjoy this today, get ready for tomorrow. We're a long way from April, and this means nothing if we don't win anything else the rest of the way.

Comment

• Originally posted by ZYanksRule View Post
                                No, of course not -- this is a cool thing, but it's not the goal. You know me, I'm a firm believer in enjoying the ride during a sports season. Enjoy this today, get ready for tomorrow. We're a long way from April, and this means nothing if we don't win anything else the rest of the way.
                                I think it's a great recognition of what they have accomplished thus far, and it's well deserved.

It's just that history has not been kind to the the top ranked team in early to mid season. Since we've turned the corner into the 2nd half, eveything starts to tighten up and the pairwise becomes more important. The poll makes the headlines but the pairwise makes the tournament.

With the ECAC being weak this season, every win is huge, and losses can be catastrophic. They just need to keep playing their game and not play down to the lesser opponents (which at this point is everyone since were 5th in the pairwise).

As the wise Jack McDonald once said: "one shift, one period, one game at a time".
                                Quinnipiac Bobcats
                                2023 National Champions
                                Northeast Regional:

Comment

Working...
                                X