Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UMass Lowell 2021-2022: Which way are we going?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tewksbury's Fowler lifts Clark Cup (lowellsun.com)

Comment

• Lowell wins the night game to face Binghamton in the double elmination format tournament. Lowell starts the day with a loss and must win two games against Binghamton.
      BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
      Skating Friar Jersey
      AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
      UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
      Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

• Originally posted by Patman View Post
        Lowell wins the night game to face Binghamton in the double elmination format tournament. Lowell starts the day with a loss and must win two games against Binghamton.
        The 1st game is at 1pm, with the 2nd, if necessary, right after. The games are available on ESPN+. The winner gets the conference autobid to the NCAA baseball tournament. With an overall record of 28-29, that's the only way Lowell is getting in. The 28 wins are the most Lowell has had in a single season at the D1 level.

Weather isn't looking that great though. The first game should start fine, but showers and thunderstorms are expected to move in by 3pm, and last through the evening.
        Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
        "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

• Originally posted by ScottK View Post
          Weather isn't looking that great though. The first game should start fine, but showers and thunderstorms are expected to move in by 3pm, and last through the evening.
          You know, you can pass along good news every once in a while.

Go Lowell!
          Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
          2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
          2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
          2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
          2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

• Originally posted by UMLFan View Post

Go Lowell!
            Game time has been changed to 7:32pm. They made need to bump it a little later. If Lowell wins, Game 2 will almost certainly be tomorrow instead of right after Game 1.

"It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

• Originally posted by UMLFan View Post

Go Lowell!
              This is the problem of college baseball BUT at least we aren't prescheduled to end Sunday like a lot of conferences. College baseball conference tournaments that end with modified formats or get canceled mid-way is not unheard of.

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

• Originally posted by ScottK View Post

Game time has been changed to 7:32pm. They may need to bump it a little later. If Lowell wins, Game 2 will almost certainly be tomorrow instead of right after Game 1.
                The delay has worked in Lowell's favor, as they had 3 starters (SP, 1B, RF) who missed the first 3 days due to COVID protocols. They all cleared and made the trip to Orono this morning, and are expected to be in the lineup tonight.

Still raining there, but it looks like it will end around 7:30-8:00, so probably a slight delay before the game can start. If a 2nd game is needed, it will be played at 1pm Sunday.
                Last edited by ScottK; 05-28-2022, 04:44 PM.

Comment

• Team sports is done for another academic year with a 7-1 loss to Binghamton in the championship rounds

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

• Barry Scanlon @Scanlon65
                    UMass Lowell wraps up nine-person incoming freshman class with addition of defenseman Mitchell Becker (NAHL). Defenseman Ben Brunette, who had injury-filled season for Waterloo (USHL), will return to junior hockey for one more year.

Comment

• Becker set to take ice with UML – Lowell Sun

Comment

• The schedule is out.
                        https://goriverhawks.com/sports/mens...hedule/2022-23

Comment

• Carter Hutton retires from NHL. https://thehockeynews.com/news/carte...WNBCnaI2fOfeNY

Comment

• Are there any riverhawks at development camps?

Comment

• Tickets for 2022 Friendship Four On Sale Friday - UMass Lowell Athletics (goriverhawks.com).

It appears the event is general admission.

Comment

• Originally posted by pressbox View Post
                                Here's part one of a two part article on Carter. Part two will come out next week.
                                Hutton retires from the NHL | Local Sports | chroniclejournal.com

Comment

Working...
                                X