Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UMass Lowell 2021-2022: Which way are we going?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ScottK View Post
    As of right now, Lowell will have 8 European-born players on the roster next season, which the most we've ever had in a single season.

Sweden - Carl Berglund, Isac Jonsson, Edvard Nordlund, Jake Stella, Filip Fornaa Svenson
    Germany - Nik Armstrong-Kingkade
    Slovakia - Marek Korencik
    Latvia - Gustavs Grigals
    I've been joking the last couple of years about UConn Moscow. Apparently we're Lowell Stockholm.
    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

• Matt Allen and Matt Kinash will be teammates again, as they're both transferring to Anchorage.
      Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

• Nice season recap from the Athletic Department:

https://goriverhawks.com/news/2022/4...in-review.aspx
        Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
        "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

• Deadline to enter the transfer portal is May 1st. The amount of players entering has definitely slowed down.
          Monty

Comment

• Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
            Deadline to enter the transfer portal is May 1st. The amount of players entering has definitely slowed down.
            Do think Norm brings anyone else in? I was wondering if he would bring in another defenseman.

Comment

• Originally posted by boblav1 View Post

Do think Norm brings anyone else in? I was wondering if he would bring in another defenseman.
              I would have thought so but doesn't appear that way.

Interesting to see that Anchorage has picked up 12 transfers. That's an impressive number.
              Monty

Comment

• They went two full seasons without playing, so I think it makes sense. The portal is the best chance they have of being somewhat competitive with their return to NCAA hockey.

Comment

• Barry Scanlon @Scanlon65
                  Sophomore F Jackson Sterrett is transferring from UMass Lowell to Endicott. Gulls getting a terrific kid. Native of Hendersonville, Tenn.

Comment

• From the recent STH email.

Opening Night is locked in – We’ll celebrate Homecoming and the start of the Hockey Season on Saturday, October 1 vs. St. Lawrence. We hope to have a full schedule for you sooner than later, but dates continue to shuffle.

Comment

• Cooper to bring game to UMass Lowell – Lowell Sun

Comment

• earlier comment that's stuck in my mind about lowell stockholm... always had the dream that I don't try to act on to be able to sing both anthems (US/Canada or either or)... I was looking up how viable it would be to learn in the swedish anthem. Not likely, I don't know the french version of the canadian anthem and it'd be without understanding it... know the music to both German and Russian anthems, they're both iconic, know the french anthem music and general gist of what its saying if i don't know the words. Sweden though, not martial in any way but it ends in an interesting "homeland" type of line "I hope to die in the north". I found that very curious and stirring in its own way. Interesting to what countries prioritize what. The US anthem is about perseverance, canada is about the defense of the people, the UK is about allegiance to the monarchy (I prefer rule brittania which is about protection of its people through naval supremacy), the french is largely about the Bastille and the triumph of the people (if i understand correctly), the german... well, lets not go there, I don't know what the modern version does or claims... the original Russian anthem was about the glory and ideals of communist rule. So sweden's a little bit different. I don't think I have any hope of learning it phonetically though.

I do think I can sing the state song, but that would mean validating the state of massachusetts.

Just my thoughts.

----

will be interesting to see this schedule.
                        BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                        Skating Friar Jersey
                        AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                        UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                        Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

• Julie Chen Named UMass Lowell Chancellor | UMass Lowell (uml.edu)

Comment

• The World Championships start tomorrow in Finland, and 3 current or former RiverHawks will be representing their home countries.

France - Guillaume Leclerc
                            Latvia - Gustavs Davis Grigals
                            Sweden - Christian Folin
                            Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                            "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

• It looks like former River Hawk Kim Brandvold may be heading to BU.

Mark Divver @MarkDivver
                              New @TerrierHockey head coach Jay Pandolfo hits the ground running with hire of Joe Pereira from UConn last week & expected addition of Kim Brandvold, Boston Bruins skating & skills guru, as assistant coach

In addition to his work with the NHL club, Brandvold has played a pivotal role in Providence, running skills practices once a week all season. He's an independent thinker and all-around good guy

Comment

• The River Hawks will be playing AIC next season.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1529091506715361280

Comment

Working...
                                X