Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UMass Lowell 2021-2022: Which way are we going?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The kid from Bemidji...sillinger has some time left and looks like he could be a good pickup w his numbers. Hopefully norm takes a look. Also for defense...could look at Connor Kelley (so) or Dylan Anhorn (jr)

Comment

• Originally posted by umlhockey22490 View Post
      The kid from Bemidji...sillinger has some time left and looks like he could be a good pickup w his numbers. Hopefully norm takes a look. Also for defense...could look at Connor Kelley (so) or Dylan Anhorn (jr)
      Stillinger is heading to ASU. Kelly to PC.
      The 2022 men's college hockey transfer board - The Rink Live | Comprehensive coverage of youth, junior, high school and college hockey

Comment

• The end of an era, Jerry York retires. It's hard to believe that both BU and BC are looking for head coaches.

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ne...e-Coaching.php

Comment

• Per the Schedules thread - Miami is coming to town for 2 games next season, October 7-8.

https://miamiredhawks.com/news/2022/...-schedule.aspx
          Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
          "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

• Originally posted by ScottK View Post
            Per the Schedules thread - Miami is coming to town for 2 games next season, October 7-8.

https://miamiredhawks.com/news/2022/...-schedule.aspx
            I assume that's the return visit for the two game Lowell played in Oxford in the 2018-2019 season? Doesn't Duluth owe Lowell a visit?

Comment

• Owen Savory to Laval Rocket: Interesting roster changes in the Montreal Canadiens' goaltender department | habsfanatics.com

Comment

• Originally posted by boblav1 View Post

I assume that's the return visit for the two game Lowell played in Oxford in the 2018-2019 season? Doesn't Duluth owe Lowell a visit?
                I think you're right.

Comment

• Originally posted by boblav1 View Post

Yes, it is. Duluth was scheduled to come here during 2020-21, but obviously COVID wiped that out.

"It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

• i've been waiting to ask this one... what does next season look like.

Because of broomball I know like a dozen Miami alums. They treat broomball hardcore there. Them and Nebraska (Lincoln) are participating in the championships as the only two teams in the college division in next week's nationals.
                    BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                    Skating Friar Jersey
                    AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                    UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                    Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

• Interesting read from BC Interruption about BC possibly looking at Coach Bazin to move to BC. I liked the read because it's not just favorable to BC, but also explains why Bazin might/might not want to move.

One quote that stood up for me is one of the reasons I've not been too concerned about him moving in the past:
                      I don’t care how attractive Boston College is as a job, if you’re a born and bred UMass Lowell guy, you’re not going to leave for another program lightly, and if he were to join Boston College as head coach, he’d need to do just that.
                      Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                      2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                      2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                      2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

• Norm has taken advantage of several openings over the years to increase his salary at UML. The Utica AHL job and Denver come to mind. He just signed a new 5 year extension beginning last season. So not sure he'll interview to try and get even more, but maybe?

I haven't been too concerned about him leaving, I feel like he would have by now. When this current contract is done, maybe that's when he moves on. Earlier this year I was concerned when Montreal fired their coach. I know that seems silly, but Norm speaks French!

Comment

• Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
                          I haven't looked up all of the players available in the portal, but looking at the stats for a couple of the recent entries, there are a lot forwards who have produced 20+ points available.
                          Lowell is getting one of those transfer players.
                          https://twitter.com/Scanlon65/status...2-sdz4HANa-RCg

Jake Stella, F from Sweden. 28 pts last season as a Junior at AIC.
                          https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe...07/jake-stella

Looks like he may have been a teammate of Carl Berglund in Sweden.

Comment

• As of right now, Lowell will have 8 European-born players on the roster next season, which the most we've ever had in a single season.

Sweden - Carl Berglund, Isac Jonsson, Edvard Nordlund, Jake Stella, Filip Fornaa Svenson
                            Germany - Nik Armstrong-Kingkade
                            Slovakia - Marek Korencik
                            Latvia - Gustavs Grigals
                            Last edited by ScottK; 04-22-2022, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X