Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UMass Lowell 2021-2022: Which way are we going?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Albie out at bu...wonder if matt brown goes in the portal again lol

Comment

• Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
      That 2013-2014 team also had a couple of phenomenal goalies (including a Vezina winner), a 6 season NHL defenseman in Folin, a forward (Wilson) who played in the NHL for six years, and a lot better all around talent overall. This team was good, but there was a reason they were picked 7th in the preseason. I'd expect them to be close to the Top 4 in next year's preseason poll, depending on departures or transfers that might take place from this point on.
      Norm needs to try to find another CJ Smith or Scott Wilson. Someone who can put the puck in the net when they need it. You can have your core blue collar guys, but you're going to need to find a pure scorer or two to put you over the top.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScottK View Post

Per Barry Scanlon's tweet, Savory and Condotta are looking to go pro, but Jon McDonald will be back for a 5th season. No word yet on the other seniors (Stefanson and Knoblauch)
        UML's twitter is teasing condotta to les habs... we'll see if that converts. I assume it will.
        BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
        Skating Friar Jersey
        AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
        UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
        Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

• Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post

Norm needs to try to find another CJ Smith or Scott Wilson. Someone who can put the puck in the net when they need it. You can have your core blue collar guys, but you're going to need to find a pure scorer or two to put you over the top.
          I'm pretty excited about a few of the forwards in the incoming class. I've not felt that way for a while.
          Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
          2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
          2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
          2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
          2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

• Defensive depth is even more of a worry now, as Jordan Schulting is in the portal.
            Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
            2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

• Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
              I'm pretty excited about a few of the forwards in the incoming class. I've not felt that way for a while.
              I have the same feeling. Plus the transfer from Sweden looks promising.
              "We will play a style that is a puck-possession game, an up-tempo style ... It will rely on speed and toughness. I’m sure these players can
              make that adjustment very easily. We’re going to make the Tsongas a tough place to get points for other teams." -UML Coach Norm Bazin

Comment

• Originally posted by ScottK View Post

When you lead the league or finish 2nd in the league in attendance every year since 2015, it's not an "anomaly."
                The way it is, is that Lowell assuredly leads the league in attendance of opposing teams fans. You certainly must notice that. Don't get me wrong. I think that is fabulous and something Lowell should be proud of.

Comment

• Originally posted by BC/HE View Post

The way it is, is that Lowell assuredly leads the league in attendance of opposing teams fans. You certainly must notice that. Don't get me wrong. I think that is fabulous and something Lowell should be proud of.
                  You literally have no idea what you're talking about. Lowell drew 5782 for the playoff game this year. If more than 200 of those fans were Merrimack fans, I'd be shocked. The same for the 5400+ they had for a Merrimack game earlier in the season. How many of the 5000+ do you think were UConn fans the Saturday before Thanksgiving? You really think UConn has that many fans? (Hint: they don't - only 3000 showed up the next day in Hartford for the 2nd game). A sellout vs UMass early in the season on a Friday night, the next night in Amherst, with a building that seats 1500+ more than Tsongas, and attendance is 800 less. Please, keep telling me how it's only visiting fans that inflate Lowell's attendance, and have been doing so for the last decade.
                  Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                  "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

• No kidding. We've been running high on organic home attendance for quite awhile and certainly prior to COVID. It ain't like the old days.

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

• Originally posted by Patman View Post

UML's twitter is teasing condotta to les habs... we'll see if that converts. I assume it will.
                      Condotta Inks Contract With Montreal Canadiens - UMass Lowell Athletics (goriverhawks.com)

Comment

• This keeps changing, but as of today, three changes from the last list I put out. McDonald back, Schulting transfer out and Savory looking to go pro:

22/23 roster

Defense (8):
                        Seniors: Marek Korencik, Jon McDonald
                        Juniors: Brandon Engum, Ben Meehan
                        Sophomore: Gabe Blanchard, Isac Jonsson
                        Freshmen: Ben Brunette, T.J. Schweighardt

Forwards (20):
                        Seniors: Carl Berglund, Ryan Brushett, Brian Chambers, Zach Kaiser, Josh Latta, Blake Wells
                        Juniors: Matt Allen, Andranik Armstrong-Kingkade, Jackson Sterrett, Filip Forn?? Svensson
                        Sophomores: Owen Cole, Matt Crasa, Stefan Owens
                        Freshmen: Dillan Bentley, Jack Collins, Owen Fowler, Nick Rheaume, Roc Truman, Scout Truman, Jan Vaarverk

Goalies (2):
                        Senior:
                        Junior: Henry Welsch
                        Sophomore: Edvard Nordlund
                        Freshman:

This leaves us at 30 on the roster, with the class breakdown being:
                        Seniors: 8
                        Juniors: 7
                        Sophomores: 6
                        Freshmen: 9
                        Monty

Comment

• River Hawks exceeded expectations on ice (lowellsun.com)

Comment

• Not my favorite quote, “Any time you make the tournament at Lowell it’s an excellent year." With Lowell's record since Norm has been there, the NCAA tournament should be the expectation.

Comment

• Norm has built a program that's regularly top 20, but often outside the top 10. At this point, it feels like that is this program's ceiling, even though we'd all love more. It will take luck with recruiting where we end up with another Hellebuyck or handful of fringe to low end NHL caliber players in order to make it back to the Frozen Four.

Comment

• The problem is when talent abandoned unh and Maine and soon bc and bu they aren't choosing hockey east alternatives and instead are going west. This is where the bc/bu people have it wrong. Every school loses talent every year. The problem is getting the next group to come east.

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

Working...
                                X