Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UMass Lowell 2021-2022: Which way are we going?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Lord willing I will be there in Lowell Blue cheering for an upset. A totally irrelevant fact is that Denver is 0-2 (BC and Providence) against Hockey East this year, here's hope for 0-3!

Comment

• Originally posted by medic4419 View Post
      According to USCHO, Lowell led Hockey East in home attendance this past season (almost twice as much as Northeastern). Not sure if that correlates to how well they travel, but I would think it does.
      I was really impressed and excited to see how many fans returned to the Tsongas this season. The winning helped, but crowds were big even early in the season. I felt the attendance was declining before the pandemic. It's always more fun when the building is packed.

Comment

• Originally posted by medic4419 View Post
        According to USCHO, Lowell led Hockey East in home attendance this past season (almost twice as much as Northeastern). Not sure if that correlates to how well they travel, but I would think it does.
        While I do think Lowell would bring more fans to a local regional than Northeastern their attendance figure is an anomaly. For some reason, I believe it to be easy access, proximity and a nice arena, opposing teams fans love to go to Lowell to see games more so than to any other rink in the league. It is probably the most central location in the league as well. I would love to see a few of the 5 Massachusetts schools in the tournament make it to the Garden for the Frozen 4. Good luck!

Comment

• Local watch parties will be at The Worthen, Wamesit Lanes and El Jefe.

Comment

• Originally posted by BC/HE View Post

While I do think Lowell would bring more fans to a local regional than Northeastern their attendance figure is an anomaly. For some reason, I believe it to be easy access, proximity and a nice arena, opposing teams fans love to go to Lowell to see games more so than to any other rink in the league. It is probably the most central location in the league as well. I would love to see a few of the 5 Massachusetts schools in the tournament make it to the Garden for the Frozen 4. Good luck!
            When you lead the league or finish 2nd in the league in attendance every year since 2015, it's not an "anomaly."
            Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
            "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

• A nice article on former River Hawk Chase Blackmun who transferred to Notre Dame. Notre Dame will meet North Dakota tomorrow night in Albany at 6:00 pm.
              Notre Dame defenseman Chase Blackmun is the grandson of a longtime UND aviation professor - Grand Forks Herald | Grand Forks, East Grand Forks news, weather & sports

Comment

• Originally posted by UML View Post
                Local watch parties will be at The Worthen, Wamesit Lanes and El Jefe.
                Four good options: Love the coziness of the Worthen, El Jefe will probably be rockin’ as it is the closest to campus, Wamesit is in my hometown and is spacious with lots of TV screens. And then with the 9pm start - home on the couch in sweatpants and Lowell jersey is enticing as well. Probably will be a game time decision.

Honestly would have loved to travel to the game. Never been to the Denver area. $2K - $4K is tough to shell out for a quick trip. Hoping the boys can pull a rabbit out of the hat and make it to the FF. Then I may be forced to pay as much to get tickets.
                University of Lowell, 1987

Comment

• Anyone willing to make tthe trip to wamesit? Gives me a reason to stay up and watch the usa game too

Comment

• Also did anybody go to el jefe before the games this season? How was it?

Comment

• Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                      A nice article on former River Hawk Chase Blackmun who transferred to Notre Dame. Notre Dame will meet North Dakota tomorrow night in Albany at 6:00 pm.
                      Notre Dame defenseman Chase Blackmun is the grandson of a longtime UND aviation professor - Grand Forks Herald | Grand Forks, East Grand Forks news, weather & sports
                      who?
                      BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                      Skating Friar Jersey
                      AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                      UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                      Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

• Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                        A nice article on former River Hawk Chase Blackmun who transferred to Notre Dame. Notre Dame will meet North Dakota tomorrow night in Albany at 6:00 pm.
                        Good for Chase. 3 years to get a degree in finance is impressive and can't blame him for looking at a more prestigious school to get his master's in.

Comment

• Good luck tonight!!

Comment

• In addition to Worthen, El Jefe, and Wamesit as Watch Party locations - Tavern In The Square and Cobblestones are also listed as official locations.

Comment

• I have a weekly meeting with a company based in Sweden and learned an interesting tidbit today. Before the meeting started several of us were having general chitchat and the topic of hockey came up. I mentioned our Riverhawks have some excellent talent from Sweden and there is a big game tonight. One of the guys is a serious Swedish “hockey krishna” and recognized the names. He quickly noted that Jonsson comes from a hockey pedigree and played a couple of games in Sweden’s top professional league. That’s all I got. Just trying to pass the time until puck drop.

Comment

• umlhockey22490 Wamesit has a nice selection of brews and a lot of TVs but it's loud, pricey and the food is medicore in my opinion. I haven't been to El Jefe as El Potro is my spot for Mexican food in Lowell.

The Worthern has limited and small TV's so probably not the best spot to watch the game. I'm not much of a Tavern in the Square fan but they have a tonne of TV's, great beer selection and good food.

The Establishment in North Chelmsford would also be a good spot. 2 minutes from Drum Hill on Princeton St.
                                Last edited by Gainzo; 03-24-2022, 02:41 PM.
                                Let's go Lowell.

Comment

Working...
                                X