Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UMass Lowell 2021-2022: Which way are we going?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Patman View Post

No, you send Northeastern to Loveland. We send better attendance figures.
    I don't think the committee is gonna see it that way though. At least not as big a difference as between either of those fanbases and Harvard's "fans".

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post

I don't think the committee is gonna see it that way though. At least not as big a difference as between either of those fanbases and Harvard's "fans".
      I think if they go by past history and this weekend they will
      BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
      Skating Friar Jersey
      AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
      UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
      Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Harvard may not have any fans, but they do have a brand and ESPN loves them some brands. Is it still Buccigross and Melrose? They'll love getting to talk about Haaaahhhvaaahhhd for an afternoon.

Comment

• They might, but I think its an outside chance for the reasons JD mentioned. When PC won the NC, they were the 15 and should have gone west to play North Dakota, but the committee sent them to Providence instead despite Brown being the host. Even the USCHO guy that had a perfect prediction record didn’t see that one coming. So I guess you never know.

Comment

I think if they go by past history and this weekend they will
            I just mean when the committee thinks attendance I don't think it will enter their minds that UML will bring more fans than NU. I am not sure they have that level of savvy. The Harvard thing I could see though. I would think it's pretty much understood by everyone that Harvard does absolutely nothing for attendance.

Comment

• Loveland is beautiful this time of year...bought my regional tickets over a month ago just planning to see some great college hockey. May get lucky and see the Riverhawks.

Comment

• Weather looks great in sunny Co! Come on out! Committee doesn't give a rip if you go to a game in person or not. The sites won the bid and they take the fall if it's empty. Watch it on TV. That way you can experience Barry under the bright lights.
                Go Pioneers!

Comment

I just mean when the committee thinks attendance I don't think it will enter their minds that UML will bring more fans than NU. I am not sure they have that level of savvy. The Harvard thing I could see though. I would think it's pretty much understood by everyone that Harvard does absolutely nothing for attendance.
                  we know they've swapped teams based on perceived attendance, but generally you are correct if they don't see it that way then they won't see it that way. I just think if they do realize it they'll make a swap.

edit: UML alum and USCHO contributor Jim Connolly has us in Loveland so we might be screwed in that way.

Also, a lot of reason I'm fighting is I wanted to go home.

----

medic, drop me a line on some of your thinking. Right now I'm seeing 400 for flights wednesday night to sunday. I'm seeing an 80 dollar uber ride if the world is being kind otherwise 160 for a cab. Then hotel is ????? My friday activity would be hit the breweries of ft collins and then ???? I assume you snapped up a hotel.
                  Last edited by Patman; 03-20-2022, 12:44 AM.

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

• Patman, would if I could but never been granted private messaging. Staying in Estes Park so on the off day I can head to the hills, Rocky Mountain NP.

Comment

• Originally posted by medic4419 View Post
                      Patman, would if I could but never been granted private messaging. Staying in Estes Park so on the off day I can head to the hills, Rocky Mountain NP.
                      that's because there is no private messaging. That's ok, mostly i was hunting for hotel thoughts.

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

• well dang... reckon that's why it wasn't granted.

Comment

• not a lot of chirping means I don't think a lot of people are headed out west. I'm still wavering. If I weren't such a human mess I'd probably go without thinking twice but I wonder how such travel would impact getting work done and falling behind on house stuff. I suspect most can't clear work plus money obligations. Sigh.

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

Lowell definitely would have more fans on a night/weekend but NU does have very good student support (when they're not on spring break) so I wonder if that will help with the noon start. Either way, I can't imagine it will be that full for the early game Friday.
                            2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                            2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

not a lot of chirping means I don't think a lot of people are headed out west. I'm still wavering. If I weren't such a human mess I'd probably go without thinking twice but I wonder how such travel would impact getting work done and falling behind on house stuff. I suspect most can't clear work plus money obligations. Sigh.
                              I got rid of cable last month so I'll be signing up for the free 7 day trial on Pluto TV (includes ESPNU) to watch the game. No way I can organize a trip to Colorado in a week.

I still think Lowell would bring more fans to Worcester than Northeastern. No offense to Huskies fans as they are always fun to see and talk with at the Tsongas.
                              Let's go Lowell.

Comment

• According to USCHO, Lowell led Hockey East in home attendance this past season (almost twice as much as Northeastern). Not sure if that correlates to how well they travel, but I would think it does.

Comment

Working...
                                X