Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UMass Lowell 2021-2022: Which way are we going?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6-2 Lowell, set up in offensive zone back to the D, rebound in the middle and bam
    BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
    Skating Friar Jersey
    AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
    UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
    Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

• empty net 8 to go, ain't going to say I told you so... because we aren't going to give up 4 goals this way, christ, are you mad? 3 i could see happen if we can't get our changes.

edit: color guy openly hoping we give in... **** you.

edit #2: spelling, might have had a couple. This color guy is embarrassing.
      Last edited by Patman; 03-12-2022, 06:00 PM.

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

• did the TV cost us being able to watch half that PP?

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

• Came out of the gate juiced and that set the tone for the rest of the game. Sweet revenge. Listened to Bob Ellis, much better than the TV crew. He is such a fan of the game, he even gets excited when the other team scores or makes a great play. I thought he said last year was going to be his last but decided to he didn't want to end it with a covid shortened season. Hope he sticks around for a couple more seasons, he's a joy to listen to. To the Garden!

Comment

• A great win and a great crowd.

Comment

• Andrew Mahoney @GlobeMahoney
              It will be NU-UConn at 4 p.m., and UMass-UMass-Lowell at 7:30 p.m. in the @hockey_east
              semifinals Friday at TD Garden

Comment

• Anyone know what the UML sections are at the Garden? Was great to see Lowell skating around with a chip on their shoulder last night. Looked like the first half team.

Comment

• It is hard to believe this is the first time back to the Garden for this team since 2017. Understood they would have been there last year, still hard to believe how quickly time flies. Happy for the kids to get the opportunity to play there.

On a side note, my daughter transferred to UML from a southern school and has fully embraced this team and going to the games. She absolutely loves it. Selfishly I love the fact that I have someone to talk intelligently during the game. For example last night at the game, just before Merrimack cut the lead 2-1, my wife asked me if this was the Beanpot. That made my head hurt, although I admired her effort to try and become engaged. OTOH, my daughter was able to spot the defensive breakdown that led to the goal.

And one more side note - this is an incredible year for NU Husky hockey with the women's team punching their ticket to the Frozen Four and men's team with a chance to win their second HE championship in four years.
                  University of Lowell, 1987

Comment

• Head Coach Norm Bazin Postgame vs Merrimack (03/12/22) - YouTube

I saw this on Twitter, what a great crowd and atmosphere yesterday.
                    https://twitter.com/i/status/1502846387855278081
                    Last edited by boblav1; 03-13-2022, 10:42 PM.

Comment

• It was a fairly late arriving crowd. We had a few merrimack fans a couple of rows in front of us. I yelled out after the first penalty (after the same ref mossed to blatant calls on merrrimack) good to see its 9 on 5 again... nothing really changes huh. The woman (who mustve been a players mother) looked back at me... i go im not wrong

Comment

• It was a fairly late arriving crowd. We had a few merrimack fans a couple of rows in front of us. I yelled out after the first penalty (after the same ref missed two blatant calls on merrrimack) good to see its 9 on 5 again... nothing really changes huh. The woman (who mustve been a players mother) looked back at me... i go im not wrong

Comment

• Woah, a modern era double post. Yeah, nobody knew what the first penalty call was all about so from the TV viewing perspective I'd agree with the sentiment.

Some of you crazier people have looked into the possibilities thread. The main themes is hope for very few surprise winners and if we win Friday it would take a catastrophic event to keep us home. Even with a loss Friday it'll take some unlikelies but it depends how much you figure on QU sweeping through and Minnesota State taking care of Bemidji.

edit: usually they seat the parents together for obvious reasons. Keeps the arena staff on guard to deal with knuckleheads and so on.

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

• If you can find the game video, nice piece between the first and second with Ben Walter talking about his memories at Lowell.
                            Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                            2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                            2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                            2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                            2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

• Originally posted by Patman View Post
                              Woah, a modern era double post. Yeah, nobody knew what the first penalty call was all about so from the TV viewing perspective I'd agree with the sentiment.
                              Agree, the first call was a bit of a mystery, marginal at best. After that it seemed like nothing would be called. That's fine as long as the Ref's are consistent.

Comment

• UMass Lowell's ticket allotment is in Section 2 in the Loge and Section 302 and 303 in the Balcony.

Comment

Working...
                                X