Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UMass Lowell 2021-2022: Which way are we going?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell currently sitting at 69% to make the tourney based off the CHN probability matrix after the tOSU loss.
    Lowell Forever
    Forever Lowell

Comment

• Looks more than likely we will get another shot at Merrimack pending a small miracle by Maine. That was a weekend to forget....gave up 4 PPGs. Obviously we will have to do much better on special teams. Savory will need another shutout. One shot one kill.

Comment

• Originally posted by medic4419 View Post
        Looks more than likely we will get another shot at Merrimack pending a small miracle by Maine. That was a weekend to forget....gave up 4 PPGs. Obviously we will have to do much better on special teams. Savory will need another shutout. One shot one kill.
        They'll need to stay out of the box. They can't afford to take bad penalties. Any information on Henry Welsch, he didn't dress Saturday? Edvard Nordlund was / is the backup who has yet to play this season.

Comment

• To no surprise we are getting no love from the others on the HE tourney board. If we play stout clean hockey (w hockey east refs ...who knows how that will be defined), there shouldnt be a team that beats us.

Comment

• We haven't exactly made a strong statement the last two months, so I'm not surprised that people aren't too worried about Lowell going into the playoffs.
            Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
            2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
            2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
            2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
            2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

• 2022 Hockey East Men's Tournament Field Set - Hockey East Association (hockeyeastonline.com)

Sometimes I lose track of this ...
              The River Hawks have appeared in six of the last eight championship games, winning three times (2013, 2014, 2017).

Comment

• Monty, i believe the phrase/ sketch is "Noone expects the Spanish Inquisition"

Comment

• under the radar is fine with me. There's nothing too tremendous about this team outside of Savory. The defense hasn't been stellar and I think owen has helped a lot.

late edit: You can't be the **** choice forever. We aren't right now and each of the teams are chomping at the bit where they see HEA as wide open and UMass is vulnerable. Bottom line, win our QF game and they can say what ever they want.

S-E-X-Y is banned? really?
                  Last edited by Patman; 03-08-2022, 03:52 PM.
                  BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                  Skating Friar Jersey
                  AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                  UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                  Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

• Originally posted by umlhockey22490 View Post
                    Monty, i believe the phrase/ sketch is "Noone expects the Spanish Inquisition"
                    True! And to continue the quote

"Our chief weapon is surprise... surprise and fear... fear and surprise... Our two weapons are fear and surprise... and ruthless efficiency.... Our three weapons are fear, and surprise, and ruthless efficiency... and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope... Our four... no... Amongst our weapons... Amongst our weaponry... are such elements as fear, surprise... I'll come in again."

Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

• Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                      True! And to continue the quote

"Our chief weapon is surprise... surprise and fear... fear and surprise... Our two weapons are fear and surprise... and ruthless efficiency.... Our three weapons are fear, and surprise, and ruthless efficiency... and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope... Our four... no... Amongst our weapons... Amongst our weaponry... are such elements as fear, surprise... I'll come in again."

Needed this laugh this morning. Now I have that scene in my head - ha!!!

Comment

• Scoring first is a must on Saturday.

In the postseason, they are 17-4 under Norm when scoring the 1st goal of the game, 11-3 in Hockey East playoff games. When the opposition scores 1st, Lowell is just 12-13, but 12-9 in Hockey East games.

If it becomes a 2-goal game, it's essentially over. Under Norm, Lowell is 21-0 when they get a 2-goal lead at any point in a postseason game, 16-0 in Hockey East games. If they fall behind by 2? 1-10 overall, 1-7 in Hockey East games. The 1 win was the double OT comeback against BC in the Hockey East semifinals last season.
                        Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                        "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

• Merrimack up 4... barring an epic collapse they'll be our opponent. Same story. Gotta win

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

• Congrats to Matt Crasa for being named to the Hockey East All-Rookie team. Sacred Heart's loss was definitely our gain.
                            Monty

Comment

• Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                              Congrats to Matt Crasa for being named to the Hockey East All-Rookie team. Sacred Heart's loss was definitely our gain.
                              I am not in the weeds of the recruiting game. What happened there?

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

• Originally posted by Patman View Post
                                I am not in the weeds of the recruiting game. What happened there?
                                He had decommitted a while before choosing Lowell. Might have been one of those where he committed early (May 2019 was his original commit) and then saw better options as his numbers in the USHL growing?
                                Monty

Comment

Working...
                                X